Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown store motif Buoyant Armiger discounted to 5k (from 6k). Is it worth it?

Jim_Pipp
Jim_Pipp
✭✭✭✭✭
PSA the latest random crown store discount is on the ultra rare Buoyant Armiger motif, now 5,000 crowns instead of 6,000. I am tempted to buy it so I wondered what other people's opinions are.

5k is still a lot of crowns, worth a minimum of £13 if you bought crowns while they were on sale. Can anyone estimate what the in-game guild vendor cost for Buoyant Armiger motif books would be? Does anyone wear this motif style for any reasons other than bragging rights and morrowind nostalgia? Is anyone else thinking of buying this?

edit thanks everyone, especially @Jayne_Doe for reminding me that this Motif is not normally for sale in the Crown store.
Jayne_Doe wrote: »
It's interesting to see them bring a crate motif to the CS... it was never for sale in the CS at 6000 crowns, it's a bit of a marketing ploy to list it as discounted from 6000 to 5000...
So, yeah, I spent about 1.6M on it.

And to @baratron for noticing this selling point.
baratron wrote: »
the Buoyant Armiger Motif comes with 40 Crown Mimic Stones for 5,000 Crowns! That makes it even better value!
Edited by Jim_Pipp on March 26, 2018 11:45PM
#1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on how much gold you can make in game at what speed and how much RL disposable income you have.

I don't think any of the motifs are worth the price personally (although I got my Buoyant Armiger via gems) however if you can budget it within your personal finances and do want to have it for completionist or costume system I would say get it now whilst it's discounted.

The only cheaper option will be waiting for the crates it was in to come back again and pick it up for gems.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PC-EU, pages still go for ~125000 gold. Full book (14 pages) would be around 1.5 to 1.8 mln.

Just be aware that it dyes poorly (green crystal-y parts can't be changed) and is all around fugly as hell. Which does make it attractive, though :trollface:
    Edited by Leandor on March 26, 2018 2:33PM
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jim_Pipp , I follow the same rule regarding crown spending, but I have not found a single BA motif, so I'll be spending some of the crowns I bought during the last sale
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got the whole book from crown crates and you can make some cool costumes/combos with it. No way in hell would I acquire this set through farming or purchase - Too much effort just to look like I'm from Mars.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    and is all around fugly as hell.

*In your opinion
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »

*In your opinion

Of course, what else? Do people really expect me to write that everytime I state my opinion?
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*In your opinion

Of course, what else? Do people really expect me to write that everytime I state my opinion?

On these forums yes.
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    On PC-EU, pages still go for ~125000 gold. Full book (14 pages) would be around 1.5 to 1.8 mln.

Just be aware that it dyes poorly (green crystal-y parts can't be changed) and is all around fugly as hell. Which does make it attractive, though :trollface:

I absolutely agree with you. I don't care how rare and special that motif is, it's ugly as sin. I would never go out of my way to spend money on it. :s
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SecretJoy wrote: »

I absolutely agree with you. I don't care how rare and special that motif is, it's ugly as sin. I would never go out of my way to spend money on it. :s

It's so worth it to pee off my group mates, let me tell you. The constant moaning on teamspeak "please wear a costume, that armor is hideous"... Worth every penny I spent.
    Edited by Leandor on March 26, 2018 4:51PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's interesting to see them bring a crate motif to the CS. I guess we can expect that in the future, which is nice, since some people can spend crowns on them rather than gambling for them.

Since it was never for sale in the CS at 6000 crowns, it's a bit of a marketing ploy to list it as discounted from 6000 to 5000. That said, almost all the limited-time motifs they've put in the CS were 6000, so it is a discount nonetheless.

They also did that with Ra Gada, discounted from 3000 to 2500 Crowns, iirc - but that motif was never in the CS before either.

I was not lucky to pull one of the BA motif books from the free crates (my husband was, however). So, I farmed gold and bought all the pages. Most were 100K or less, as I bought them shortly after it came out in the crates, so prices fell for a bit. I got a couple at slightly over 100k, and had to spend about 250 on the chest page.

So, yeah, I spent about 1.6M on it. I got it largely for nostalgia and that it was the last motif I needed to learn to have full motif knowledge. I didn't want to gamble on the crates for one, but yeah...if I hadn't already purchased it in-game, I may very well have purchased it for 5000 Crowns from the CS.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 26, 2018 9:11PM
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked it. I never had any luck getting it from a chest and I've had Morrowind since it came out. I also will never have enough gold in game to buy it. I didn't have enough gems either when it came out in the crates. I have been wishing I'd bought some crates later on (and I don't buy crates) just to get it. When I saw it today I bought it with the crowns I've saved up from ESO plus. https://imgur.com/bwVSvqs
    ETA: I can't ever get the image to show in the post :(
    Edited by ErinGoBrag520 on March 26, 2018 9:21PM
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buoyant Armiger Motif for sale with actual Crowns and not in a gamble crate?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! (Yes, I have literally just signed in to the Account website and bought Crowns.)

Wow, I really do hope this is going to be the first of many Crown Crate items which make it back into the store. I won't buy Crown Crates because of the gambling aspect, but I do buy items directly from the store.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I just discovered that the Buoyant Armiger Motif comes with 40 Crown Mimic Stones for 5,000 Crowns! That makes it even better value!
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    PSA the latest random crown store discount is on the ultra rare Buoyant Armiger motif, now 5,000 crowns instead of 6,000. I am tempted to buy it so I wondered what other people's opinions are.

To me, its ugly so I'll never want to spend money on it. I'd pass even if it was 1000 crowns because I personally dont like the look of it. But thats just me.

Should have done the same thing when I got the Dro M'Athra motif book couple weeks ago from the 3 free crates for logging in. The motif is ugly, but the skin is beautiful.

• Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭

*In your opinion

On these forums yes.

On almost any internet forum actually. It's truly sad. It's their condescending little way of taking away from your statement because they got hurt feels. Anyhoo...I disagree with anyone saying that spending 40-50ish dollars on a motif that can be earned for free in game is a "value" or "good deal". I do think it has an interesting look though. Waste your money however you want though.
    Edited by Soul_Marrow on March 27, 2018 2:19PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No motif is worth that much real world money... but... no motif is worth the PITA that is getting BA in game.... but... it's TES3's Glass Armor, and it's necessary for completionists.

I'm very, very tempted, even though I also have a very strong instinct not to in any way reward ZOS for inexcusably-low drop rates and outrageous prices.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on March 27, 2018 8:12PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No motif is worth that much real world money... but... no motif is worth the PITA that is getting BA in game.... but... it's TES3's Glass Armor, and it's necessary for completionists.

I'm very, very tempted, even though I also have a very strong instinct not to in any way reward ZOS for inexcusably-low drop rates and outrageous prices.

OMG this so much!!!
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown store motif Buoyant Armiger discounted to 5k (from 6k). Is it worth it? In my opinion NO.
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. You know why? Because, it's going to be in the clown crate sooner or later. ;p
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    JWKe wrote: »
    No. You know why? Because, it's going to be in the clown crate sooner or later. ;p

but it already was in the crates, i don't think they will bring it again

personally i am kinda tempted, i get alot of master writs with the style and it makes me a bit salty
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't ever spend 5k on a motif. Is that not like £35? or there abouts..
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    It's an ugly motif, but if you like it, spend the crowns. The price that most trading guilds are asking for it is at least as insane as its crown cost.
    Edited by Elfbait on March 28, 2018 6:32PM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Taking those numbers, at an average 1,65m gold:
    for BA book one crown is worth 330 gold.
    compared to a riding lesson, one crown is worth 2,5 gold.

Its a better deal than riding lessons.

At minimum efford (crafting green food for NPC ~20k/h) -> ba motif takes 82,5 hours to "grind".
    To get 5k crowns from eso+ subcrowns is a 4 month long wait.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like the b/a weapons, so i bought it.
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had some big BA writs banked, so i bought it. i feel kind of like an ugly chick took advantage of me while I was drunk though.
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!