The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Group Dungeons

POPSadopalis
POPSadopalis
✭✭
Good day all! I play eso with my 9 year old son and as you can imagine he tends to be excited about the really cool gear that you can only find in all the hardest places! So in my effort to make him happy I suit up my dragon knight in tank fashion and head into scale caller (mind you my best toon is only 260) now as the rational adult I know this is a losing battle, however I am fighting to the death to show him I am at least trying using soul gem after soul gem!! Gggrrrr... his best toon is base 34 lol... ok anyway the question in all of this madness is, where is everyone??? When we push through the public dungeons there are other peeps to kinda help. I’m guessing the group spots are designed where you only see those you enter with? I’m looking for confirmation on this? Is there no hope for me as I cling to my health potions while he hopelessly swats at our attackers with his axes!!
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Group dungeons are exactly as they sound. You need a group for them. And the maximum for the group is 4 players in those dungeons.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 some social justice warrior points out ESO isn't meant for 9-year-olds.

On a side note, group dungeons are not the same as public dungeons. Group dungeons require a team of 4 players, usually a Tank, a Healer and 2 DDs. They are also a lot harder than open world content and most bosses require good understanding of mechanics, skills, roles and builds.
    Edited by Meld777 on March 26, 2018 1:34PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group Dungeons are designed for groups of 4 players. You can group with 3 other players and enter the dungeon by traveling to it or by using the Groupfinder. You can also queue for dungeons using the Groupfinder, where you select your role (tank, damage dealer, or healer) and then queue. You will be placed in a group of four containing a tank, a healer, and two damage dealers and transported to the dungeon. You can choose to queue for a random dungeon or a specific dungeon, and set the difficulty to normal or veteran. You can also group up with friends, set your roles to match the required tank/healer/DD/DD combo, and queue as a pre-made group using groupfinder for random or specific dungeons.

Group dungeons are instanced to the active group, so no one else will wander inside like with a public dungeon. You need to either use the groupfinder OR travel there with a group in order to have help in a group dungeon. Now, most normal group dungeons can be soloed with the right builds/experience, but I recommend getting experience with the dungeon through groupfinder first.

So grab your friends and travel to the dungeon or pick a role and queue with groupfinder . Hopefully you find some players to help you with Scalecaller Peak!
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »

Agreed!

ESO is rated M and not meant for 9 year olds :trollface:
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Super Dad! Get out of Scale Caller. Some of the early dungeons are duoable or even soloable. You have ascended to the top of the mountain of difficulty, come down to where the mortals live. LOL.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭

On a side note, group dungeons are not the same as public dungeons. Group dungeons require a team of 4 players, usually a Tank, a Healer and 2 DDs. They are also a lot harder than open world content and most bosses require good understanding of mechanics, skills, roles and builds.

My son has been playing since he was 8! Play on!

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou for adding an equally irrelevant and useless comment.

OP, get a couple of your guildies to help, or someone in zone chat. If you're doing norm with a decent group, it's not too bad, but you'l still want 4 group members.

What gear is he interested in from there, out of curiosity?

Pretty sure you earn some serious bonus Dad points, btw. Not a lot of people would RPG with their kid, let alone literally suit up to fight a virtual dragon for them.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • smacky
    smacky
    ✭✭✭
    Good day all! I play eso with my 9 year old son and as you can imagine he tends to be excited about the really cool gear that you can only find in all the hardest places! So in my effort to make him happy I suit up my dragon knight in tank fashion and head into scale caller (mind you my best toon is only 260) now as the rational adult I know this is a losing battle, however I am fighting to the death to show him I am at least trying using soul gem after soul gem!! Gggrrrr... his best toon is base 34 lol... ok anyway the question in all of this madness is, where is everyone??? When we push through the public dungeons there are other peeps to kinda help. I’m guessing the group spots are designed where you only see those you enter with? I’m looking for confirmation on this? Is there no hope for me as I cling to my health potions while he hopelessly swats at our attackers with his axes!!

Have you read the ToS?
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acharnor wrote: »

When I was 9, GTA was my favorite game! B)
    Thankyou for adding an equally irrelevant and useless comment.
    smacky wrote: »

Have you read the ToS?

@Merlin13KAGL I was right though :p
    Edited by Meld777 on March 26, 2018 1:41PM
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do Scalecaller with your son once his character reaches the level needed to use the Dungeon Finder (Group Finder) in game. He may already be at the level needed, I'm not sure. So group with your son, press P and then select specific dungeon, scroll down to Normal dungeons and you will see what he can and cannot enter using the Group Finder. If he is able to enter Scalecaller then select it and join queue. You will be paired with two others that hopefully know the dungeon a bit and you can enjoy the run in the group.

Good going Dad! Having fun in game with your kids is awesome!
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acharnor wrote: »

When I was 9, GTA was my favorite game! B)

WOW. I have always played right there beside him. Never been a problem. He is exposed to way worse in school.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can walk into group dungeons with a pre-made group. You can get this group together either from a guild or from zone chat.

If forming from Zone, you may want to be clear that you are going in for the first time. If you are a tank and your son is a DPS, you may try something like "LF2M Healer/DPS for Scalecaller to explore and do the quest"
    The Moot Councillor
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What system and server to you play on? Example PC - NA. A lot of the "group" delves (dungeons) can be done with less people as long as they aren't DLC delves.
  • POPSadopalis
    POPSadopalis
    ✭✭
    whoa! I was not expecting the parenting lessons, that was a genuine surprise! He is a huge fashion adventurer so he is after the dragon priest armor (to him the game is all about how his character looks) Thank you for the feedback, especially using the group finder when he is able that was an awesome tip! It could be worse, he could be playing that ubsurdly boring roblox ;)
  • Pr0fischimmler
    I assume he wants Zaan... well, you're in for a ride.

As others stated, this is a instanced dungeon meant for 1-4 players. While public dungeons are instanced too, more people can enter. To find a group, you need to use the groupfinder tool and enter the queue for Scalecaller Peak.

First, the dungeon is one of the harder ones. I recommend running it with experienced guildies, or enough time and patience. The difficulty is not comparable to public dungeons - those are insanely easy compared to 4man dungeons in general, not even speaking of difficult dungeons like Scalecaller, or veteran difficulty...
    Second, you have to complete the dungeon on veteran difficulty for the helmet to drop. Even with good damage output, everyone needs to respect the dungeon's mechanics or you won't get far.
    And third, you have to go in with your son's account (don't know if that is a violation of zos TOS) or have him play with you so he can get the helm. It is bound on pickup and can only traded with people who were present on the final bosses death. However, it is (almost) useless to grab any gear if he is below cp160, because he will outlevel it, and you can start over. Always farm gear at gear level cap.

If you have absolutely no gear with 4 man content, I would not advise you to jump into one of the hardest ones out there... Get some practice in easier ones first - speaking of non-DLC dungeons.

Lastly, good luck.
    CP 720+ dps main

Profischimmler Redguard Stamblade ~ Spawn of Possession Altmer Magblade ~ Sorzenia Altmer Magsorc
    Ai'kara Swordsong Redguard Stamplar ~ Crushbert Destructoid Redguard Stam DK ~ Slash the Summits Dunmer Magplar
    Zarr Hau Argonian Warden Tank
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Switch his mindset to be excited about crafted/overland gear and you'll both have a happier playing experience.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »

Switch his mindset to be excited about crafted/overland gear and you'll both have a happier playing experience.

He would probably have a blast with some of the more flavourful sets like Unfathomable Darkness (having crows flying around you), a combination of Morihaus and Eternal Hunt (kill things by dodge-rolling into them) or being a Werewolf and using the WW sets (Salvation and WW Hide), for example.

I'm not sure what set he is after in Scalecaller, but if it's not the Monster set, and he wants say Plague Slinger, I think Defiler (from Morrowind and buyable from guild stores) is a good alternative.

Check out this site for a list of all the sets and where to find them:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/All+ESO+Sets+Alphabetical
    The Moot Councillor
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’d say get him to CP 160 and farm up some alternative gear before hitting the dlc dungeons. Those things came out way later than the basic dungeons and are intended for geared and experienced players.

Crafted and overland gear is a good way to get started, but the base-game dungeons also have good gear. Put him in that stuff first and you’ll have a fighting chance with the dlc dungeons.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my god son has been gaming since he was about three...played a bunch of platform jumpers (mickey mouse's castle of illusion and rayman were some early favorites) - both of which can actually be insanely hard :#

we're working on ratchet and clank now - which can also get a little challenging...

we've played mostly disney infinity though since then (rip to that spectacular game system :'()...his favorites now are amazing spiderman 2 and nba2k...

of course whenever he watched me play eso, he wanted to try...so, he does some farming, and loves playing the werewolf and when i play my magplar - he jesus beams everything out in the overland...

six now and he just finished going through brahara's gloom on his own...he's actually pvped - had him just follow along behind a zerg, shield, heal, light attack and try some other abilities...

it took him a year or so to figure out how to keep his head and field of view oriented...

mostly though, eso bores him...actually trolls me when i try to pvp...every time i die he makes sure to point out just how much i die all the time - "you're not very good at this game are you?"...

never forget though when he was about five, he was watching when i was in one of the cities, and there was a bunch of rpers running around town in their undies...didn't think he noticed it much - but, sure enough when i dropped him home the first thing he tells his mom is that we were playing a game with naked people in it :#

there are definitely some mature and violent themes included in eso (if you actually read or listen to the dialogue, and, god forbid run into some erpers) - then again - there'a also some pretty mature and violent themes in spongebob...

hopefully it helps open the world of fantasy to your son, and, teaches him some good puzzle solving skills...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no sense chasing gear until his toon is at least CP160.