The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can Vampires Feed on Daedra?

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was thinking about the bloody mara recipe and how it uses Daedra heart. I was wondering if lore wise vampires could feed on Daedra bodies? Would be pretty cool, was thinking of a vampire dedicated to destroying molag bal's minions and plans, feeding on them rather than mortals and a sort of ironic vengeance.
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lamae Bal
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Skander I'm not so familiar with this lore, what's the reference if you don't mind?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might depend on the vampire breed. It would definitely depend on the type of Daedra - I doubt all of them have blood, or even a blood equivalent.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might depend on the vampire breed. It would definitely depend on the type of Daedra - I doubt all of them have blood, or even a blood equivalent.

I was thinking, because Daedra like can't be killed, it would have to be when they take a physical form on Nirn, and then it would have to be (more than likely) the humanoid type. (Where the hearts come from)

But like it's plausible right? It would make for an awesome RP and would fit very well with the main plot :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking, because Daedra like can't be killed, it would have to be when they take a physical form on Nirn, and then it would have to be (more than likely) the humanoid type. (Where the hearts come from)

But like it's plausible right? It would make for an awesome RP and would fit very well with the main plot :)

Daedra are physical. If you kill a daedra on his plane of oblivion, they die for good
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Daedra are physical. If you kill a daedra on his plane of oblivion, they die for good

Daedra do not have souls. They instead consist of a "vestige". When you slay a Deadra, be it on Mundus or in Oblivion, that vestige then is banished to the daedra's native plain of Oblivion, where it gradually reassembles itself into the form of the daedra. This also happens in the daedra's native plain, so they are in fact immortal, even if you kill them there.

Edit: Source:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Chaotic_Creatia:_The_Azure_Plasm
    Edited by Ahzek on March 25, 2018 8:50PM
    Jo'Khaljor
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What are Daedra hearts pumping? Saline?

Theres a level up image post when you hit say level 20, shows a guy stabbing a daedra pretty hard, looks like some dark blood or something coming out iirc.

I've got some vintage Narkynaz `383 down in the cellar, been waiting for an excuse to open it... and see if it makes someone burst into flames or worse.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are Daedra hearts pumping? Saline?

Theres a level up image post when you hit say level 20, shows a guy stabbing a daedra pretty hard, looks like some dark blood or something coming out iirc.

I've got some vintage Narkynaz `383 down in the cellar, been waiting for an excuse to open it... and see if it makes someone burst into flames or worse.

I absolutely love this post
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • tyjoie
    tyjoie
    ✭✭
    I don't think this question as ever been directly answered in lore. However, since Mortals and Daedra can breed I'd say they can but it would be a really stupid idea.
    Ex-Beta tester
    Playing since 2014
    Still a noob
    Green-Sap Loyalist
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If WW can eat them and don't get a belly ache why can't vampires suck them dry? I mean I've even seen WW feast on dry skeleton bones, probably because they have a calcium deficiency.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have hearts, they have blood, so why not? A vampire could possibly feed from a scamp or banekin, not just Dremora, or Xivilai, depending on how anthropomorphic they have to be.

What I can't recall is if any Daedra are also vampires. E.g are there any Dremora vamps?
  • dogmaticus83
    dogmaticus83
    ✭✭

Posts like this make it worth, and AWESOME, to play ESO. I love the way you want to play your vampire - it's almost a definition of irony, and will make your character, from personality pov, quite unique.

Damn... I love this game, this world, this community :).

(I know I'm not really adding anything to the topic, but I had to share my thoughts! :) )
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Posts like this make it worth, and AWESOME, to play ESO. I love the way you want to play your vampire - it's almost a definition of irony, and will make your character, from personality pov, quite unique.

Damn... I love this game, this world, this community :).

(I know I'm not really adding anything to the topic, but I had to share my thoughts! :) )

Forums are meant to share opinions, so always feel free to do so.

One thing I hear every time I am IC, is Daedra eating humans, elves, khajit...no sorry khajit is too gamy for them. Point being, if they eat meat then they have blood and can be used for feeding your vampire.

I like your idea for RP.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

The Mazken and Aureal of Shivering Isles would disagree. Both may be restored through their respective Wellsprings. I surmise that the other races of Daedra have similar methods of restoration.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. Thank you guys!

I am really gonna enjoy this character.

I was thinking of incorporating my character also gaining the attention of Malacath while taking vengeance against Bal's minions.

I can see where Malacath and the vampires would get along very nicely
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ebonslayer21
    I think it's not blood itself that sates vampires, but instead mortal blood. Notice how most vampires don't seem to be hunters of the wilds and instead go after humanoids, or even the fact that you can't feed on anything that isn't a human, elf, or beast race in any of the games since Daggerfall? I think vampires rely on the blood of the intelligent races of Nirn to self sustain, something about them, I guess.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's not blood itself that sates vampires, but instead mortal blood. Notice how most vampires don't seem to be hunters of the wilds and instead go after humanoids, or even the fact that you can't feed on anything that isn't a human, elf, or beast race in any of the games since Daggerfall? I think vampires rely on the blood of the intelligent races of Nirn to self sustain, something about them, I guess.

There's that quest in ravenspire about the vampires that choose not to feed on mer or men. And there is a difference (like how the Lord said, once a vampire does feed on one after long enough they can have the hunger overcome them)

Hrm, meaning there would be some sort of effect, vampires are pretty durable, I wanna say that feeding on a Daedra may destroy the vampire, but if it didn't (nor drive them insane etc) maybe Uber powerful? *Fingers crossed*
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds