The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Login issues

EvilBunny
EvilBunny
On the game's login screen, I input Username and Password, press enter or click login ye olde fashioned way and sometimes it works immediately as intended, but most of the time there is an egregiously long gap between my pressing enter and the 'requesting login' dialogue box popping up. It generally take 4 minutes other times I have simply given up as we are well into the Morrowind album by the time I give up.

It anyone else having this issue and if you have found a way around it, please tell me your secrets.

This is literally the only thing wrong with my client, no other lag or anything else. Looked over various login fixes i.e; repair client, rename certain ini files to backup etc. however nothing has worked and I am still at a loss.
Purveyor of grand and intoxicating innocence, at your service