The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thanks for allowing Skyshards to be brought to other characters. Thread closed.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Devlin69 wrote: »
    My first char took me about 3 years to get all the skyshards (429?). If I had to do it on all my other 11 toons I would log off and play something else.

This is one of the main reasons I groan at the thought of a new toon, lore books and skyshards.............

I dont even replay the content any more I just PvP my way to level 50 which makes things even worse as this leaves me short on skillpoints and lore books.

So YES DO IT ASAP

Then don't go collect all the lorebooks and skyshards. If it's not fun, don't do it.

So what you are saying is do not create another char? Because without skills it will be useless and to get skills I need skill points and for skill points I need skyshards.....
    You need to double back to earlier posts, showing how you can get more than a sufficient number of skill points without ever touching a single skyshard or doing a single quest.

Skyshards, especially if when you don't know the locations, are the least effective way of getting skillpoints.
    So funny seeing people who use add ons talking about working for something. The day zos removes add ons from pc is the day many people will never touch an alt.
    and unless Public Dungeons move around and levels don't provide skillpoints, then the above is just as valid on console as it is on PC.

After you've done it enough times, the locations pretty much become ingrained and if you haven't done it enough time for it to be, then I doubt you're in need of everything upfront anyway.

Stick to the point. If someone is skyshard or lore book hunting it’s a pain to do it without add ons. It’s that simple. At the very least the locations should be on the map to collect after you’ve completed it.

The only way console players can even complete these tasks is because pc players have the luxury of add ons and can document their locations. Do you know how hard it would’ve been to complete lorebooks if eso was console only..
    Likewise. This is ultimately about skillpoints, not skyshards. IDC if there was a last minute revision to the thread title.

The majority of the references in this thread regard to player progression and 'power level.' Those are skill point related, not skyshard related, and there are other ways to get skillpoints. So, I'm very much sticking to the point.

If you're hellbent on skyshards, they're still quite achievable without addons, as @Tandor has already attested to. You can have an internet printed map with you just as easily and it's effectively no different. Way back in the day, that's how people did it (except they made the map themselves). The game already hands you quest markers though walls, gives you questgivers that practically to the quest for you after showing up in your lap, and there is no fog-of-war as there damn well should be. Frankly, I'm not sure how some of you made it on the earlier versions with one big blank map.

Unless Sony is coming to your house, removing such items from your possession when they see you log on, this is still a non-issue. Unless the spotlight somehow glows differently on console than it does on PC, this is still a non-issue.

The majority of them are built in to be visible across the paths you would normally take when advancing a character. So long as you're doing that, you'll have plenty when it comes time.

See the glow, get shard, repeat. See the purple glow, get the lorebook, repeat.

It's how everyone did it initially, pre-addon, and everyone managed to survive.

EDIT: If they really wanted to slow progression a bit in this regard, the location of both lorebooks and skyshards would be both approximate and dynamic.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on December 9, 2018 6:22PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    They wouldn't get them for free, they would have to collected them in the first place. Also, why is anything anyone else does relevant to you?

Are you the gatekeeper of RPG? Somehow, your time is the benchmark in which all players must adhere to?

You are missing the point that they would have had to collect everything already.

THEY

HAVE

TO

COLLECT

ALL

THE

THINGS

ALREADY

BEFORE

THEY

CAN

UNLOCK

FOR

ALTS.

This doesn't affect you, it may make you irrationally angry apparently, but thats on you

Saying that changing a fundamental part of character progression wont have impacts to other players, their play experience, and the longevity of the game as a whole is a bit self serving. We have to consider that what is convenient for players is not what's best for the games longevity.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    So funny seeing people who use add ons talking about working for something. The day zos removes add ons from pc is the day many people will never touch an alt.

I have 29 characters on PC, been playing since launch and have never installed a single addon. Don't make assumptions!

Don’t throw yourself into general statements that don’t include the word “all”.

Don't state what "many people" will do if you haven't asked them.

You can’t be serious ? You realize the “many people” comment applies to the people that it pertains to, right?

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first char took me about 3 years to get all the skyshards (429?). If I had to do it on all my other 11 toons I would log off and play something else.

This is one of the main reasons I groan at the thought of a new toon, lore books and skyshards.............

I dont even replay the content any more I just PvP my way to level 50 which makes things even worse as this leaves me short on skillpoints and lore books.

So YES DO IT ASAP

Then don't go collect all the lorebooks and skyshards. If it's not fun, don't do it.

So what you are saying is do not create another char? Because without skills it will be useless and to get skills I need skill points and for skill points I need skyshards.....
    You need to double back to earlier posts, showing how you can get more than a sufficient number of skill points without ever touching a single skyshard or doing a single quest.

Skyshards, especially if when you don't know the locations, are the least effective way of getting skillpoints.
    and unless Public Dungeons move around and levels don't provide skillpoints, then the above is just as valid on console as it is on PC.

After you've done it enough times, the locations pretty much become ingrained and if you haven't done it enough time for it to be, then I doubt you're in need of everything upfront anyway.

Stick to the point. If someone is skyshard or lore book hunting it’s a pain to do it without add ons. It’s that simple. At the very least the locations should be on the map to collect after you’ve completed it.

The only way console players can even complete these tasks is because pc players have the luxury of add ons and can document their locations. Do you know how hard it would’ve been to complete lorebooks if eso was console only..
    Likewise. This is ultimately about skillpoints, not skyshards. IDC if there was a last minute revision to the thread title.

The majority of the references in this thread regard to player progression and 'power level.' Those are skill point related, not skyshard related, and there are other ways to get skillpoints. So, I'm very much sticking to the point.

If you're hellbent on skyshards, they're still quite achievable without addons, as Tandor has already attested to. You can have an internet printed map with you just as easily and it's effectively no different. Way back in the day, that's how people did it (except they made the map themselves). The game already hands you quest markers though walls, gives you questgivers that practically to the quest for you after showing up in your lap, and there is no fog-of-war as there damn well should be. Frankly, I'm not sure how some of you made it on the earlier versions with one big blank map.

Unless Sony is coming to your house, removing such items from your possession when they see you log on, this is still a non-issue. Unless the spotlight somehow glows differently on console than it does on PC, this is still a non-issue.

The majority of them are built in to be visible across the paths you would normally take when advancing a character. So long as you're doing that, you'll have plenty when it comes time.

See the glow, get shard, repeat. See the purple glow, get the lorebook, repeat.

It's how everyone did it initially, pre-addon, and everyone managed to survive.

EDIT: If they really wanted to slow progression a bit in this regard, the location of both lorebooks and skyshards would be both approximate and dynamic.

Okay.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't do alts until I am so sick of a game I can't think of anything else to do.

So, in a way, this doesn't really affect me at the moment.

However, if I was even vaguely considering levelling an alt, the thought of "finding" everything again is enough to quickly bring me back to my senses.

So, I will add my vote for yes.
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 9, 2018 7:20PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stop being the server police...

lol, good luck with that.

It's a certain personality type.

They can't just focus on their own stuff - they feel driven to interfere with other people's.

Edited by Tigerseye on December 9, 2018 7:31PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about, you get all completed shards as done on other characters, but you don't get possession of those skill points until you've completed the storyline for that zone? (Or in the case of Cyrodil, something like reaching some nominal rank).

Um, no.

Completing the same story, on 12 alts, should not be a thing anyone feels obliged to do.

I think most people would take collecting skyshards over that.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They wouldn't get them for free, they would have to collected them in the first place. Also, why is anything anyone else does relevant to you?

Are you the gatekeeper of RPG? Somehow, your time is the benchmark in which all players must adhere to?

You are missing the point that they would have had to collect everything already.

THEY

HAVE

TO

COLLECT

ALL

THE

THINGS

ALREADY

BEFORE

THEY

CAN

UNLOCK

FOR

ALTS.

This doesn't affect you, it may make you irrationally angry apparently, but thats on you

Saying that changing a fundamental part of character progression wont have impacts to other players, their play experience, and the longevity of the game as a whole is a bit self serving. We have to consider that what is convenient for players is not what's best for the games longevity.

So you say it affects the longevity of the game? But you can say the same on our argument for. Having more toons to do things on makes people play more content such as dungeons. More toons means the game is active because instead of running say vet daily they have 8 toons they can choose from or maybe even do it 8 times. Meaning ques are better especially if people actually roll a tank or healer. So by not making it so people wanna alts you instead do the opposite and people play the game less and less and less and eventually move on.

So now you have actually hurt the longevity of the game by making it have less players :) 1+1= 2

Again CP is the most game breaking mechanic not skill points. You get your CP right away having class passives is not nearly nearly nearly as bad as a 810 CP right away with full golden gear cause your crafter made it for him. So you wanna talk about endgame. Let's lol.

So now your newly 810cp 64 sp having toon just from leveling is now end game!!!! See the difference on one hand you have no skill points one you do. Which would you rather in your group for a vet raid or trial? :) YOU ARE STILL AT END GAME REGARDLESS AFTER 4-6 HOURS OF XPING JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN ALT!!!!!

There is literally no difference to your argument nice try bud. You guys only have the "I did it so it's unfair if others get nice things" argument lol so much spite here in this forum is the actual problem.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is funny reading the posts with people arguing against other players on this subject. Mostly just emotional replies trying to one up another forum post.

The argument is with Zos. Not each other and it is futile to argue otherwise. The focus needs to be on developing points that would be a compelling argument for Zos to consider and unfortunate this thread totally lacks that as it is just emotional dribble.

You can disagree with the pure and true logic I just presented but this is not the first time someone has presented this idea and it has failed every time because it lacks a simple requirement which I just presented, and have previously in this thread.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk that logic literally applies to every single thread ever made about dislikes on any forum presented by any business.

Holding true to that "pure and true" logic would extrapolate out to removing any feedback that consumers/users/guests would be able to communicate with each other.

Put it in a bug report or a feature request, abandon any communication tools that would involve anyone but the company and that particular user.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk that logic literally applies to every single thread ever made about dislikes on any forum presented by any business.

Holding true to that "pure and true" logic would extrapolate out to removing any feedback that consumers/users/guests would be able to communicate with each other.

Put it in a bug report or a feature request, abandon any communication tools that would involve anyone but the company and that particular user.

Oh no. I would never suggest preventing players to play out their emotional responses. I am merley pointing out that arguing between each other, trying to one up each other is not going to help any cause.

That and it is best to start, and finish, with sound thoughts, We often find these threads start with an emotional plea vs clear sound thinking and the start, and continuation, of this thread are not different.

Presentation make all the difference in the world.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am perfectly fine with someone not running around collecting Skyshards, but game rules need to be consistent across players.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.

I am fine with making psijic leveling account-wide for example, because this is only artificial game prolonging. But Skyshards & Lorebooks are deeply implemented elements.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mxxo wrote: »
    No.

I am fine with making psijic leveling account-wide for example, because this is only artificial game prolonging. But Skyshards & Lorebooks are deeply implemented elements.

How is touching items on the ground that involves no skill and you can do at level 3 "DEEPLY IMPLEMENTED ELEMENTS" of the game? LOLOL they don't change after the first time you touch them ever.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see all the other books accountwide.
    Not the ones from the mage guild, but all the other memories and notes.

Reason is... some are locked behind a quest... if you already did that quest and didnt read the book at that time... you never get the chance again to read them.
    If they were accountwide, i would just do that quest again on an alt and could get to an state of having read all book at 99%.
    Also some books are locked at the base-point in pvp-area, DC base has two books, EP and AD chars are just not able to read (no, not behind the destroyable door but behind the next wall at the spawn point, next to the repeatable quest boards).
    Accountwide solves it, just read on DC char...
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

How is touching items on the ground that involves no skill and you can do at level 3 "DEEPLY IMPLEMENTED ELEMENTS" of the game? LOLOL they don't change after the first time you touch them ever.

For starters, for those who want to actually play the game skyshards are an important part of completing delves, and for another they're a major part of exploration generally. They're also tied to skill points and as such they are staggered through the world so that you accumulate them as you progress rather than having them all at once. Lorebooks are similarly important, being critical to leveling in the Mages Guild, for example.

Removing them from the gameplay isn't a QoL improvement, it's a significant gameplay change, and even if it's made optional (which in itself would necessitate having two parallel systems in place) players who opted not to get everything upfront would soon find themselves being kicked from groups.
    Edited by Tandor on December 10, 2018 6:17PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

THEY

HAVE

TO

COLLECT

ALL

THE

THINGS

ALREADY

BEFORE

THEY

CAN

UNLOCK

FOR

ALTS.

So you say it affects the longevity of the game? But you can say the same on our argument for. Having more toons to do things on makes people play more content such as dungeons. More toons means the game is active because instead of running say vet daily they have 8 toons they can choose from or maybe even do it 8 times. Meaning ques are better especially if people actually roll a tank or healer. So by not making it so people wanna alts you instead do the opposite and people play the game less and less and less and eventually move on.

So now you have actually hurt the longevity of the game by making it have less players :) 1+1= 2

Again CP is the most game breaking mechanic not skill points. You get your CP right away having class passives is not nearly nearly nearly as bad as a 810 CP right away with full golden gear cause your crafter made it for him. So you wanna talk about endgame. Let's lol.

So now your newly 810cp 64 sp having toon just from leveling is now end game!!!! See the difference on one hand you have no skill points one you do. Which would you rather in your group for a vet raid or trial? :) YOU ARE STILL AT END GAME REGARDLESS AFTER 4-6 HOURS OF XPING JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN ALT!!!!!

There is literally no difference to your argument nice try bud. You guys only have the "I did it so it's unfair if others get nice things" argument lol so much spite here in this forum is the actual problem.

I was disputing the statement that was made in the post that said that making skill points account wide wouldn't impact anyone. All I did was state that skill points are core to the game and that making a change would impact everyone. Or even not making a change. My point really here is that sometimes what we want is not what's best for the game.

You mentioned endgame and queues being better if people could be more focused on endgame as opposed to doing other activities. I think history shows this to be incorrect. Why the most recent event shows evidence that ZOS's tools and servers are still not ready for them to handle everyone trying to do the same activities at the same time. Queues always get worse during events that revolve around them the last midyear mayhem had people shouting on the forums about lag, long wait times etc. Not to mention things like broken trials etc.

So I will make a deal. I will support making everything account wide if we can see clear evidence that ZOS can handle everyone pvping, using the group finders, and finder battleground groups, run events, and release new endgame content without breaking stuff within the next six months. If ZOS can do this then heck I will support this. Until then ZOS has better things to do than worry about players having to take 5 to 7 more hours to get their skill points by traveling to various places in the game.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truth is on console collecting somethings is really hard on multiple characters due to the lack of of add ons

What console players are looking for is something to lesson that grind

I get pc players have add ons and that some may only use them on ALTs but that's something to lesson the grind for you

If as console player I had the achievement for skyshard for that zone I'd be happy with a very simple way of highlighting them on the map for other characters I haven't collected ... I would also like to see console get a mini map

Same with lore books and other static collectables, but as I said we would still be required to collect them on at least one character first with out this aid to help with the unlock

We aren't asking for them to be given freely just simply a way to speed up the collection with out having to use sources outside of the game
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.

I guess you won´t find out by touching only the ground - lolol :p
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crjs1 wrote: »
    I think as a character discovers skyshards they should be shown on the map account wide. Same with lorebooks and Wayshrines. Console here so no add ons.

Hunting skyshards on alts just is not fun, at least for me.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info128-SkyShards.html

It lists all skyshards for all expansions, DLCs, and Cyro and keeps track of what each character has collected or not.

Doesn't work on Consoles though does it ?
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Truth is on console collecting somethings is really hard on multiple characters due to the lack of of add ons

What console players are looking for is something to lesson that grind

I get pc players have add ons and that some may only use them on ALTs but that's something to lesson the grind for you

If as console player I had the achievement for skyshard for that zone I'd be happy with a very simple way of highlighting them on the map for other characters I haven't collected ... I would also like to see console get a mini map

Same with lore books and other static collectables, but as I said we would still be required to collect them on at least one character first with out this aid to help with the unlock

We aren't asking for them to be given freely just simply a way to speed up the collection with out having to use sources outside of the game

I think this is a very reasonable request and would be great if implemented.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THEY

HAVE

TO

COLLECT

ALL

THE

THINGS

ALREADY

BEFORE

THEY

CAN

UNLOCK

FOR

ALTS.

Actually what's best for the games longevity is options

If player wants to make lots of ALTs for PvP but doesn't want to face the grind of looking for skyshards and alts having an option to speed this up will give them more reason to play the game for longer and more often utilising their alts

If a player wants character immersions and wants to collect these things the same way they did the first time then an option to allow them to do that is what is best ...

You see for every 100 player in the game who want it they're 100 players who don't

Eventually the 200 players will drop to 100

A mix of this who want it and those who don't ... But those who want the option don't get it will be more likely to leave than those who don't want the option but can choose simple not to use the option.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often see a thread pop up here and there about account bound shards.

I'll start by saying I do not think having all shards accessible to new toons from the beginning is a great idea. I'd prefer a permanent skill purchase system instead to prevent toons starting off with 100's of skill points.

This got me thinking, what if you could spend the base game sky shards on permanent upgrades account wide to all characters. Base game shards only, not DLC / Chapter, that way new characters can still collect shards in those regions.

1 - For 150 shards you unlock all non-class morphs.
    This means, you do not have to spend a 2nd skill point to morph, and you can change morph at will.
    2- For 100 shards you unlock all non-class passives.
    As you level that skill tree, the passives automatically unlock.
    3- For 30 shards you unlock all research perks in all crafts.
    Research skill is removed from your list, and is applied as default from the start.
    4- For 30 shards you unlock all keen eye in all crafts.
    Keen eye skill is removed from your list, and you can apply or disable it at will.
    5 - For 50 shards you unlock racial passives
    As you level racial passives automatically get upgraded.

This could also have the effect of having PVE players not venture into Cyrodil for shard hunting, reducing the lag. It means that new toons do not start off with 100's of skills to level at will.
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of you may call 'skyshard hunting ' character progression but I call it bloody boring. The point of a game is fun and for me this is not it.

I hate quests so I do not get to see hardly any lore books or skyshards. I play for Cyrodiil and battlegrounds and like I said before it leaves me short on skill points/skill lines.

I understand lots of you like it, but for me it sucks, I hate it.

Edit: Forgot to say I love crafting too and wish the crafted sets were more valuable to players, but that's another thread for another day.

There is no requirement in this game that forces you to go get skyshards. Also ZOS designed skyshards so that people dont have to quest to get them. They are the easiest and fastest source for skill points and take about as much time to collect as it takes people to do the dolmen runs to 50. Just takes a 4 to 5 hours to get them all. So I fail to see why this is an issue for people. And before you tell Me that I am elitist etc. I have done the skyshard farm over 40 times on my primary account. It's part of rolling an alt.

It would be nice to have better native map options but that is as far they should go. There needs to be a time cost associated with rolling alts and unlocking skills, skill points are part of that cost.

I mean ZOS needs to keep people playing the game and they need to have reasons for people to travel to all of the zones in the game. And obtaining skyshards is one way to do that.

There are other ways for them to force people out into those unused zones. I mean we haven't seen a gear level Increase in several years. So be grateful that there is that. Also be grateful for the battle spirit and scaling that is present in this game. It makes rolling alts super easy as it is. So be grateful for what we have. And if you are bored with rolling alts then I wonder why are you doing it? What compels you to find the need?

4 to 5 hours on console yea thats a joke even with maps.
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It is funny reading the posts with people arguing against other players on this subject. Mostly just emotional replies trying to one up another forum post.

The argument is with Zos. Not each other and it is futile to argue otherwise. The focus needs to be on developing points that would be a compelling argument for Zos to consider and unfortunate this thread totally lacks that as it is just emotional dribble.

You can disagree with the pure and true logic I just presented but this is not the first time someone has presented this idea and it has failed every time because it lacks a simple requirement which I just presented, and have previously in this thread.
    idk wrote: »

Oh no. I would never suggest preventing players to play out their emotional responses. I am merley pointing out that arguing between each other, trying to one up each other is not going to help any cause.

That and it is best to start, and finish, with sound thoughts, We often find these threads start with an emotional plea vs clear sound thinking and the start, and continuation, of this thread are not different.

Presentation make all the difference in the world.

I'm not overly concerned if a forum topic is at university level for presentation. If you don't like what I have to say, leave the ad hominem attacks to yourself and carry on champ.
    Edited by Tetrafy on January 17, 2019 1:16PM
  • JellySunset
    JellySunset
    ✭✭✭
    Personally wouldn't say no to the idea of having some of the skyshards unlocked account wide, but i don't hold out hope for it becoming a thing, collecting shards for each new character isn't such a huge deal, i'm just thankful that i don't have to grind every new character to cp160+ and that champion points are account wide.
    Achievements and lore books account wide would be nice too but again i don't hold out any hope for that either.
    PC EU
    PC NA
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally wouldn't say no to the idea of having some of the skyshards unlocked account wide, but i don't hold out hope for it becoming a thing, collecting shards for each new character isn't such a huge deal, i'm just thankful that i don't have to grind every new character to cp160+ and that champion points are account wide.
    Achievements and lore books account wide would be nice too but again i don't hold out any hope for that either.

Just seems lazy. FFXIV has been too good to me. A character with everything unkocked on it and class switches on a character amazing.
  • Nisekev
    Nisekev
    ✭✭✭
    Eh, would prefer crafting achievements to be account-wide so that I didn't have to grind all crafting things on a single character for completionist purposes. Really, sometimes I wish there was a limit on amount of crafting skill lines one character can have.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s with the opposition to this..? Never understood it.

You know on a new toon, you can only apply 3-4 skill points a level, maybe, sometimes less.

Given that, pre level 50 is kind of redundant as you’d have 150 odd skill points but only able to apply a couple a level.

That’s besides the point because even if you could apply them all at once, anyone could get those same skill points on a level 1 if they wanted to.

All people are asking is that console players and players that have played the game through once before and don’t wish to do it again; players who know delves, the main quest line and all the rest are a waste of time, have the option of not being forced into wasting hours and hours just to be able to play their character.

I’m yet to read a single good reason not to offer this to people.

All I read is RPers and people with addons forcing others to play their way (without addons), just because that’s what they want to do - which is ironic given the argument presented by those same people is about their immersion and time in game.
    Edited by BNOC on January 19, 2019 2:27PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    Its a no from me. Its part of leveling system and it should stay the way it is. Mods might be coming later for consoles so dont mind about mod that would ad locations to your screen.