The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is it possible to make an addon to replace or hide an image?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Yes this is related to a topic in the general discussion section, but that's getting derailed and since I'm genuinely interested in the answer I thought it would be better to ask here.

Is it possible to make an addon that either changes the image/model for an object in the game (like furnishings in your house) only on the users screen, or detects where they are and overlays a different image?

Say for example I wanted a flatscreen TV in my house and I was fine with only me being able to see it. Would it be possible to create an addon that detected the presence of another object (likely something smaller, like one of the small paintings) and either replaced it with an image of a TV or overlayed an image of a TV on top of it?

What about moving objects? Could I create a new shield for my character to use and then use an addon to import the image into the game?
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
  • SynodicOracle
    SynodicOracle
    ✭✭✭
    Not just simply no;

The reason is that this violates ZO$ terms of service. Modifying anything in game is strictly forbidden; addons can only modify the UI, which people are already pushing to the limit.
    @SynodicOracle
    "I'm a God, how can you kill a God? What a grand and intoxicating innocence"

I'm a PvE Healer but mostly play solo questing these days. Lore enthusiast and long-term Elder Scrolls Fan, dating back to Morrowind, but my favourite is Oblivion.

GUILD: The Thalmor Embassy PC EU
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess it is possible to use ingame resources and switch them around, like some addons projecting cardinals on the sky (i.e. N, S, W, E), or change size and visibility range of ingame resources (like papa crown with the group leader icon), but including completely new assets is most probably not possible.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    I guess it is possible to use ingame resources and switch them around, like some addons projecting cardinals on the sky (i.e. N, S, W, E), or change size and visibility range of ingame resources (like papa crown with the group leader icon), but including completely new assets is most probably not possible.

So it might be possible to do something like 'hide' whatever shield I'm using with an existing shield image?

Or to go back to the original suggestion which inspired this topic it might be possible to hide enemies some players are afraid of (like spiders, snakes or zombies) by making an addon which can detect them and putting a larger image over the top? It might be ugly, like a giant box over the top, or enlarging one of the existing UI elements to cover it, but could it be done?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    You are only able to EXchange some images ingame like the leader crown with another ingame icon.
    But you cannot change shields and furniture stuff.

You could add an object containing a texture liek the arrows pointing to death players etc. But they are "above" all other things and are not exchaning them. If you get the coordinates of a furniture item in your house, transfer the coordinates to 3d coordinates ingame, you could spawn another texture there to "cover" your stuff maybe. But all texturs of the funriture will be still there and visible. And this only applies to you and no other users.
    -> I'm not sure if there are API functions to get the coordinates and transfer them to 3d coordinates though. This was only an example.