The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 to PS4 Pro question concerning Extended Storage device...

Aerius_Sygale
Aerius_Sygale
✭✭✭✭
I know, this is a bit of a stretch, but this question...my uncertainty about its answer has been the only thing stopping me from upgrading to PS4 Pro: If I got one, would I be able to just "Stop using Extended Storage" on the old PS4, unplug it, plug it into a PS4 Pro, and it could just access it? Or would it have to be formatted again on that? Upon which I wouldn't be able to carry over the data anyways... >_<'

If it DOES demand for you to format even if you did so with a PS4 before, is there aaany not huge pain in the rump way to transfer game application and save data from one PS4 to another? I can use a computer on a basic level, but by no stretch of the imagination am I super technically minded. Thanks in advance for any help guys, would LIKE to upgrade, but don't want to undo everything I ever did in all my other PS4 games...
PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • stargazer69
    stargazer69
    ✭✭✭
    When I upgraded to my Pro I used the network transfer option.
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I upgraded to my Pro I used the network transfer option.

Oh, shoot, my data is mostly not on the system itself now but the Extended Storage device, I wonder if that will prove much of a problem. Maybe I'll just have to suck it up, if I want to do it, maybe finding a way to salvage save data, then having to download one game at a time, starting with ESO, seeing as once data is moved from console to extended storage, I'm not so sure it can be moved back...

It sounds like the system data transfer would still be a pain anyway, for me likely taking a whole day to transfer everything... Well, this would be for my birthday on August 26th, so I don't have to worry about this hassle for a while, anyway, just wanted to know where I stand with it. Thank you~
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+