Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

My Quondam Indorilia

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone. Today I'm proud to present another of my homes, this time it is the Quondam Indorilia.

The theme for this house is a mage's laboratory. I have converted the downstairs basement into a real mage's laboratory, with a wing for alchemy experiments, and another wing for enchanting.

I apologize for a rather long video, 9:30 minutes, but I really wanted to show off all the details of this one.

We start off in the walled off garden outside. Since ZOS refused to give us a proper view over the landscape and nearby Mournhold on this one, I decided to make my own balcony from various building materials. The balcony also doubles as a secluded mushroom garden, perfect for growing all those fungi for the alchemy lab. I made the balcony cozy with various furniture and pillows, so you can sit there and relax and enjoy the nice view.

Inside the house proper, we first find a wing for kitchen stuff, pantry as well as various foods and drinks, tables and chairs, and a skooma bubbler. The other wing serves as yet another library, for the leftover books from the Velothi Reverie library. Here we find the complete Truth in Sequence series from Sotha Sil, written on metallic plates and laid out for study. The bookcases hold the 36 Sermons of Vivec, with the 37th Sermon laid out on a bookrest on a table for study. The other bookcases hold various books, spare soul gems, potions and vials, and some parchments and inkwells and quills.

The real interesting stuff begins when we descend the stairs to the basement laboratory (Timestamp 5:15 in the video, if you just want to skip to the interesting part). We notice that various banners, tapestries and carpets all bear the sigils of Sotha Sil, the patron Tribunal of this laboratory. The enchanting wing holds a Telvanni mage's device, a Clockwork orrey, one of the mysterious Blessing Stones in its holder, and of course a large amount of different soul gems. We also see a few Clockwork related items, as well as some Fabricant parts. Most likely a part of the research on enchanting, soul gems and animation. Some Dwemer Animunculi also inhabit this hall, next to the Fabricant Precursor. An ominous Dwarven orrey takes up the space near the end of the hallway, and we turn towards the alchemical part of the laboratory.

A multitude of boilers, vials, potions and vessels naturally make up most of the alchemy wing, along with poisons, mortars and other mysterious fluids. Several boiling apparatuses and distillers have also been placed here, as well as a bottled miniature garden and a poisoner's cabinet. At the other end of the hallway, we find a scribe's desk with various papers and notes, no doubt for taking notes related to the experiments being conducted here.

I hope you enjoyed taking a look at this mage's laboratory. There is of course an upstairs floor as well, but once again I ran out of furnishing slots, so I only furnished the upstairs with the usual furniture, a few beds, chairs, nightstands and other living room stuff, to make it at least look habitated and not completely empty. Since the video turned out rather long, I decided to not make it even longer by filming the upstairs as well.

Edited by Carbonised on March 24, 2018 4:12PM
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    That is awesome. Do you have an add on to help with the positioning of small fiddly things?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VonNelson wrote: »
    That is awesome. Do you have an add on to help with the positioning of small fiddly things?

Thanks! Nope, it's all hand placed ;) it does take a little time, but practise makes it a lot easier. Lots of close up views as well to really make the positioning right.
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    That by itself is impressive
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job! I can see why you ran out of slots. Lots of great detail in the laboratory, but that unfortunately means you can't do the same level of detail in the rest of the house. Still, impressive job utilizing the limited slots available.

I'm glad they introduced larger carpets with Morrowind, as you'd use up probably twice as many slots using the Dark Elf rugs if you wanted to achieve the same amount of floor coverage. :D
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Great job! I can see why you ran out of slots. Lots of great detail in the laboratory, but that unfortunately means you can't do the same level of detail in the rest of the house. Still, impressive job utilizing the limited slots available.

I'm glad they introduced larger carpets with Morrowind, as you'd use up probably twice as many slots using the Dark Elf rugs if you wanted to achieve the same amount of floor coverage. :D

Thanks! Yes that's the current headache of housing. Either get 1-2 rooms really great and awesome and the rest of the house meh, or get all of the rooms in the house sorta meh and ordinary.

The Vvardenfell carpets are really great, as a Dunmer I of course love to show off the sigils of the Tribunal, and you even have the more neutral blue recipe carpets without sigils, they are of great quality and come with little floral details at the corners.
    Bless those Dunmer for their great taste in home furnishing, huh ;)

My Vvardenfell homes are finally done, both Ald Velothi, Amaya and Tel Galen, so I'll try and get those three showcased in the following days. Prepare for some real treats.
    Edited by Carbonised on March 27, 2018 11:47AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing them!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided to take a couple pictures of this house as well, in case some people don't want to watch the video above.

First a few of the laboratory itself. Nothing much changed since last time, did add a couple more signs for alchemy and enchanting, since it looks more symmetrical with 1 sign on each of the 4 pillars

DGn8REI.jpg

RrprQ5J.jpg

7PVQd2r.jpg

9dPZdty.jpg

skb3fzl.jpg

4o5MrLR.jpg

While this house is technically done, there are a couple things I would like to add here eventually. Some of the grand and great soul gems that were for sale a while back, I will have to buy and place here. I didn't buy any at the time, but they should come back soon so I'll grab some then. Also, I'm sure we get more alchemy and enchanting clutter in the future as well, more recipes, luxury goods and new Chapters and DLC, so I'll update this one with any interesting stuff we get. I'm trying not to include too much Clockwork stuff here, this is a Dunmer laboratory, not a Clockwork lab, and the Clockwork style
    is very distinct and different, and I don't want it to mess up the general style and vibe of the place. Might add in a few more Clockwork pieces, but we will see.
    Since the Psijics will play a large part of next Chapter, I'm assuming we will get some great Psijic stuff like mage related clutter and furnishings, in addition to all the Altmer stuff of course.
    If we get a real mage's tower on Artaeum as housing (which I hope), I will probably have to make another mage themed house haha.

cyZP6BA.jpg

WhKdm8h.jpg

dcZmyTJ.jpg

CW5PWhy.jpg

PfYwoVk.jpg

BwVqyTR.jpg

I'm really happy about how the mushroom garden turned out, especially since it doubles as a rooftop terrace with a great view over Mournhold. Pity that ZOS always walls us up behind these huge walls that ruin the view. Luckily we can build around it. If you wonder, the mushroom garden was made with orcish stages and a statue base as side wall. The grand carpet hides the orcish stage wooden texture, which isn't all that interesting.

JuggSlu.jpg

IO1bh50.jpg

etiiAuI.jpg

Also, what's with the favoritism for Redguard furniture? They get no less than 2 different bookcases full of premade clutter. Dunmer get 0, so I had to fill up my own bookcases with clutter. Goodbye furnishing slots.
    And where are you supposed to stick these Truth in Sequence plates? They don't fit anywhere, had to just lay them out. Oh well.

c2nPK6j.jpg

3RJlQz6.jpg

Alright, enough of this house, I'll do a picture and video presentation of Ald Velothi before the weekend, and Amaya Lake soon after that. See you =)

Edited by Carbonised on March 27, 2018 7:47PM