The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Customer Support site even working?

Ekoe1954
Ekoe1954
✭✭✭
I've had a request in for 1/2, "do not reply" email verifications, had to go to support site, put in ticket due to not being able to access it. After HOURS an access code finally got sent. That ticket wont delete. The other still sits there. I've got my bank cleaned, as per request and now am looking at not being able to use my bank storage.
Anyone else having issues with what used to take an hour at best not being responded to, even to the point of "do not respond" ticket verification notices?
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've waited a day now and still not even an automated response to my ticket. Unrelated to your issue, but on topic with the support part.
  • Ekoe1954
    Ekoe1954
    ✭✭✭
    ty for feedback. So it seems that the customer support is not working properly. Good to know that it isn't anything specific to my game, browser, email (or whatever else).
    Hopefully it will be solved today. The game gets hard to play when one can't even use bank storage while waiting for a response to a thread that one isn't even sure they are dealing with.... :/
  • Lantian_Doco
    Lantian_Doco
    ✭✭
    Hoping you get a answer soon. Waiting only for nearly a day but am not able to log in.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this thread as you've already received a response here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.