The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bearskin Rug Pattern

KudnaBeefhooked
KudnaBeefhooked
✭✭✭
Does anyone know of a good place to farm the Bearskin Rug Pattern? Most of the sites I've visited say the snowy areas in Eastmarch. I've been running around for the past few weeks looting all backpacks, chest and urns I find, including delve runs but to no avail.
Also which of the Hlaalu documents does it have a chance to drop from if at all.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am only just now starting to decorate my house which I have had for ages but never got around to doing it. I am not looking to sell but just so I have the recipe to craft them for myself.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know where to farm in but tbh be faster to farm gold and buy at guild traders
  • KudnaBeefhooked
    KudnaBeefhooked
    ✭✭✭
    They go for 150k and I aint that flush.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pattern: Nord Rug, Bearskin is a global drop - there is a very slight preference for Nord plans to drop in Nord zones (Eastmarch and The Rift).

It is very difficult to farm for specific global plans but I would try farming somewhere with a lot of urns - Hall of the Dead, Icehammer's Vault for instance. Another great place to get plans is from Desks (high chance of recipes) but I don't know of a high concentration of those (non-stealing) in Eastmarch or The Rift.

Alternatively if you are a master crafter the Mastercraft Mediator sells Hlaalu Furnisher Docs that contain one random global plan for vouchers...
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other poster is right...the best way to farm a specific purple furnishing recipe is to farm something else, sell it, then buy the recipe you want.

I work on my furnishing recipe collection by doing master writs and buying the recipe grab bags. (Which is where I go my Nord rug recipe). The recipes from the guy (25 vouchers) sell for 25-200k, and the newer recipes sell for 100k+.

Or you could go with old fashioned mats. I figure about 3000 raw cloth, wood or Smith mats should refine into enough gold tempers to sell off and buy the recipe. That might sound boring, but I don’t know...two hours of node farming vs twenty hours of opening urns.
  • KudnaBeefhooked
    KudnaBeefhooked
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
    I've only run Halls of the Dead once in my farming so might have to go back and do some more runs.
    Do you know which one of the Hlaalu documents has a chance to drop the pattern?
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there something special about Hlaalu Furnisher Docs because i found one last night.
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Alternatively if you are a master crafter the Mastercraft Mediator sells Hlaalu Furnisher Docs that contain one random global plan for vouchers...

Are the Morrowind recipes part of that Hlaalu possibilities or no?

I only ask because the Morrowind-specific ones are achievement-gated.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Or you could go with old fashioned mats. I figure about 3000 raw cloth, wood or Smith mats should refine into enough gold tempers to sell off and buy the recipe. That might sound boring, but I don’t know...two hours of node farming vs twenty hours of opening urns.

Where does one get 3000 mats in two hours? I need to go there!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • ChaosBlue
    ChaosBlue
    ✭✭✭

Are the Morrowind recipes part of that Hlaalu possibilities or no?

No.

The documents that give Morrowind plans are sold by Faustina Curio, the Achievement Mediator next to the Mastercraft Mediator. They are the Morrowind Journeyman Furnisher's Document (Blue plans - 20 writs) and Morrowind Master Furnisher's Document (Purple plans - 50 writs)
    Edited by ChaosBlue on March 27, 2018 7:11PM
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts!