Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New Khajiit Costumes Full Color Review

Recremen
Recremen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Before getting into the commentary too much let me just drop the full dye setups here.

Julianos White

fZY6gKc.jpg

Legate Black

9EXReI7.jpg

Motif Master Brown

Zqsd1cJ.jpg

Overlord Purple

lFltI45.jpg

Ophidian Jade

01rU1xf.jpg

Sigil Orange

1gRy8cB.jpg

Covenant Blue

R0nOoJZ.jpg

Grand Overlord Brass

Dl9DgyD.jpg

Ruby Throne Red

v4OZK3c.jpg

As you can see, the dyes actually come out pretty darn well!! Bravo to the team on these ones. I have lots of special notes here. First, though, I need to mention that the lighting conditions for my dye station are super bright and very diffuse so you're getting basically no natural shadows, bear that in mind when examining how things appear. With that in mind, notice how the very dark Legate Black actually, you know, LOOKS DARK on both the costumes. It's a bit lighter on the lower-tier costume, but that's sort of to be expected since the material is supposed to be less sleek, having more fibers scattering the light, but it's still recognizably black, unlike some other costumes I can think of (read: the first two tiers of Dunmer female costumes).

Next, notice how true the colors are. Red reds, green greens, white whites, Covenant Blue comes out BLUE instead of purpleish, and hell even Sigil Orange looks right! That one never looks right!! So as far as colors go I am definitely giving these a 10/10. That doesn't mean they get a 10/10 in terms of total dye score, though. As we can see, in both costumes there's some degree of completely undyeable area, and it's much worse in the higher-tier costume. Complicating the matter is the fact that these areas really should have been on one of the dye channels. The belt and stitching on the Budi Shirt outfit could easily have dyed to channel 3 without disrupting the look (and, indeed, complementing it wonderfully), and the same goes for the yellow lining on the Sugar Suit, which should have dyed to the same color as the bracers. The yellow might look great on my orange-furred Khajiit, but what about Khajiit with other fur colors/ What about my very dark-skinned Redguard? This yellow would be a serious limiter for them! Overall an 8/10 for dyes, it's a huge improvement but I still really hope we break away from the vast undyeable areas trend.

Now for the uniqueness of the cut... it's amazing!! I love the outer sleeve coming up farther than the inner sleeve, I love how the pants are loose instead of skin-tight, I love the unique hat on the Budi Shirt, I love the layered look on the Sugar Suit, I love I love I love. It's just stellar, it really is.

So yeah, these outfits are definitely sitting in the top tier position for costumes, I'd say somewhere around 8/10 to 9/10. Not just compared to recent costumes, mind you, but truly for overall costume design. Fantastic job, I just hope we keep seeing improvements on the last remaining issue regarding undyeable areas!
Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colors that dye true! *swoons*

Thanks for showing off the dyes, OP!
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for posting this!!!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dyes look great.
    My issues with the costumes are that they're barefoot, and the severe clipping issues with the hat. Any bow, staff or 2-handed weapon you have on your back will go right through the hat.

If they had shoes, I'd buy them, though, because I could just use hide helmet for everything except dual wield. I can't imagine trekking across the countryside adventuring barefoot, though. :/
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for posting this! i had completely overlooked both costumes, probably because the thumbnails in the Crown Store look so boring and crappy, but i think you just sold them both to me. that's something.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is how costumes should dye
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really don't get it why they don't sell the hat extra, I would instantly buy it. But the rest of the costume is meh.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone try to match colors like this?
    http://www.famouscutouts.com/images/detailed/0/1092-RAIDEN.jpg
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really love these costumes . They dye well , they look nice , and they are at a low cost to buy.
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the pants were longer or that it was skirted/kilted.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    I really don't get it why they don't sell the hat extra, I would instantly buy it. But the rest of the costume is meh.

Hat is cool for sure. Comes down a bit too much over the face/eyes, but I do like it.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the pants were longer or that it was skirted/kilted.

Yeah, it's the short pants that ruin these for me. I would have snatched them up in a heartbeat if they had been full length, or if there had been bindings from the cuffs down to the ankles. Or something. Anything to cover the lower legs and get away from that long shorts/pedal-pushers look.
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for testing the dyes. 'tis a shame the sash part is not dyable though :/
    oh and the gold trimmings as well :o
    Edited by ArcaneBlue on March 23, 2018 12:28AM
    #teamEmeric
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant dye belt
    hat clips with weapons
    pants always tucked into boots

7/10
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • GamerAeryn
    GamerAeryn
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this insistence on keeping gold on the costume goes away. :( I'd love the fancier version, especially since I don't like the threadbare look of the other, but I hate gold so much I can't stand for my guys to wear it. Thank you, OP, for saving me money.
    Gaming Youtube: TESO questing gameplay

GamerAeryn - 15/15, ESO+, beta, 1k+
    GamerAeryn2 - 15/15, ESO+, 780+
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are te names of those costumes??? I need them *** in my life now!
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are te names of those costumes??? I need them *** in my life now!
    They're in the Crown Store now
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could you do Aetherial Blue? It's a double-hue, and I'm so curious as to what these would look like.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like this costume, I just wish the hat was a separate Dye, or that it came as a separate headpiece too.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought both immediately, but didn’t try dye them yet. Looks awesome!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    monk class incoming
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best costume ever
  • Asha_Mar
    Asha_Mar
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the colour testing!

Alas, the costume doesn't look great on females - I think they maybe forgot to adjust the mesh to female character model shoulders. Previewed it on a bunch of female characters at different weights and every time it gives them massive, hench, square neck/shoulders.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I just became a hypocrite. After complaining about this costume not having shoes, I ended up buying it anyway. It looks so dang good on my kitty, here.

40257097254_a8013470ee_c.jpg
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone notice how khajiit clothes look comfortable as heck? if they could be wearing lounging pants instead I bet they would, but its eso. I'm waiting on the 3rd tier that's going to be full on silk robe.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would pay 500 CROWNS just for hat

Im glad they made a hat that stands out. alotta costumes looks the same.

baggy or bikini. ;)
    PC
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got the hat one, and I actually REALLY like it. I do have two small problems with the two though.

1. I wish both had the hat, not just one

2. They both appear to kinda give male characters a bit of moobs

Otherwise the hat one is pretty good, and dyes well.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    anyone notice how khajiit clothes look comfortable as heck? if they could be wearing lounging pants instead I bet they would, but its eso. I'm waiting on the 3rd tier that's going to be full on silk robe.

I admit, I bought the budi shirt one as a pajama costume for my characters. Running around town in jammies, doing writs... (so ashamed)
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    Wing wrote: »

I admit, I bought the budi shirt one as a pajama costume for my characters. Running around town in jammies, doing writs... (so ashamed)

I bought it for a work-shirt kind of attire. When Pa tells you to come help him build a deck but it's like a million degrees out sort of thing.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, that dye colouring is so gorgeous its slowly tipping me to buy them.. but no I must not...but that SILK COLOURING

e46.gif
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not buying either of these because I'd rather wait for the female style versions, but I'm really happy to see that the colors come out well.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)