The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

light/heavy attack scaling question

SinisterG
SinisterG
✭✭
for physical damage based weapons, do light and heavy attacks scale off of just weapon damage or weapon damage plus max stamina?

I have an idea i want to try where i can make a magDK tank that uses sword and board. i would only used magicka based abilities from my class and elsewhere and only used the sword and shield for light/heavy attacks and defense. My concern is that if i have no points in stam then my light/heavy attacks will be useless. I think that setup would really play to class's strengths along with the fire racial passives of my dunmer. Im not sure if fiery grip is considered a taunt or could act as one but i solo most things anyway and if i did group up i could throw on puncture

My Dark Elf Dragon Knight will never use a frost staff to tank Or probably anything else for that matter.
-Ruin -
It bleeds all life away

I will show you all that I have mastered
Fear.
Pain.
Hatred.
Power.

This is the art of ruin
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few exceptions aside :

- Abilities that cost Magicka scale with Max Magicka and Spell Damage (Ratio : 10 Magicka = 1 Spell Damage)
    - Abilities that cost Stamina scale with Max Stamina and Weapon Damage (Ratio : 10 Stamina = 1 Weapon Damage)
    - Light and Heavy attack with a staff scale with Max Magicka and Spell Damage (Ratio : 40 Magicka = 1 Spell Damage)
    - Light and Heavy attack with a weapon scale with Max Stamina and Weapon Damage (Ratio : 40 Stamina = 1 Weapon Damage)

So yes if you have a low weapon damage your S&B attack will deal low damage.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • SinisterG
    SinisterG
    ✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    A few exceptions aside :

- Abilities that cost Magicka scale with Max Magicka and Spell Damage (Ratio : 10 Magicka = 1 Spell Damage)
    - Abilities that cost Stamina scale with Max Stamina and Weapon Damage (Ratio : 10 Stamina = 1 Weapon Damage)
    - Light and Heavy attack with a staff scale with Max Magicka and Spell Damage (Ratio : 40 Magicka = 1 Spell Damage)
    - Light and Heavy attack with a weapon scale with Max Stamina and Weapon Damage (Ratio : 40 Stamina = 1 Weapon Damage)

So yes if you have a low weapon damage your S&B attack will deal low damage.

Thank you sir that is what i was afraid of. I'm also realizing that i would not get the correct resource return on heavy attacks
    -Ruin -
    It bleeds all life away

Fear.
    Pain.
    Hatred.
    Power.

This is the art of ruin
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fiery grip is not a taunt, although it is often effective at getting boss attention, and in the unrelenting grip morph can be spammed on a boss because it refunds the magicka cost. Your only actual taunts in the game are Puncture and morphs, Inner Fire and morphs, ice staff heavies with tri-focus, and the tormentor set with a charge ability.
  • SinisterG
    SinisterG
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Fiery grip is not a taunt, although it is often effective at getting boss attention, and in the unrelenting grip morph can be spammed on a boss because it refunds the magicka cost. Your only actual taunts in the game are Puncture and morphs, Inner Fire and morphs, ice staff heavies with tri-focus, and the tormentor set with a charge ability.

yeah i don't group too much so that wasnt a big concern. I realize that this setup is untenable because A. light and heavy attack damage would be almost non-existent and B. i would have no magicka recovery sustain due to sword and shield heavies returning stamina.

I am currently using a stamDK dps setup with DW and bow. I like it ok but it drives me crazy that the fire based skills and morphs are pretty useless to me except for FOB and molten armaments, which are just buffs pretty much.

I always play Dark Elf in scrolls games (since i first played morrowind) so it bothers me the most significant racial passive they have is irrelevant unless i use a staff
    -Ruin -
    It bleeds all life away

Fear.
    Pain.
    Hatred.
    Power.

This is the art of ruin