The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Nightblades: The weakest PVP class for Summerset?

Nihility42
Nihility42
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, so as many of you know, NBs are currently fairly strong in the meta. Unfortunately ZOS has already shown how they plan to over-nerf and destroy the NB playstyle completely in PVP with their announcement yesterday. How is this, you ask? With the Psijic Order skill Undo.

CRrs3qT.png

You can see that this ultimate will completely reset any battle, Let's take a moment to consider how nightblades play. They burst you down out of stealth 100 to 0 in under 4 seconds. Now imagine that right as they've blown their load, wasted their entire burst, made themselves vulnerable, someone pops this ultimate. The nightblade will be completely helpless and ineffective. I'll be surprised if a nightblade ever gets another kill in this game.

I also find it very troubling that this ultimate will allow players to just reset a fight. If you're going to fight in PVP, you should commit to it and not be able to just reset the fight willy nilly and escape.

I'd like to suggest, as a solution, that incap be buffed. I think that it'd make the most sense for players hit by incap to have increased ultimate cost. This would help to prevent Undo spamming by low skill players as some sort of easy button.

Please, for the love of Talos, make some major buffs to nightblade before this chapter releases or they'll become the StamDK of the game.

Edited by Nihility42 on March 22, 2018 9:18PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They burst you down out of stealth 100 to 0 in under 4 seconds

It might be a bit hard to cast your “Undo” if you’re dead. If you manage that you certainly deserve to kill the NB and a rousing standing ovation on top.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An option for counter player skills instead of damage skills and we want to already stop that? No thanks and I say that as a Nightblade player.

If someone wants to blow an ultimate on negating a gank that's fine by me. There are already plenty of other ways to guard and negate a gank part way through.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice joke. i hope stamblades will get their deserved nerfs. *** easymode *** class
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know... Maybe if you learn to play some playstyle other than ganking you'd be able to roll with those punches. Person pops an ult to survive a gank, not unlike what defensive ults already in the game are like. How about you not respond to an ability that doesn't exist yet by asking for a buff to your class so you can, I assume, gank easier?

Seriously... If you are reliant on the gank to get the kill you're not a skilled player. The problem isn't the ability, it's your own lack of ability. Savvy?
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know... Maybe if you learn to play some playstyle other than ganking you'd be able to roll with those punches. Person pops an ult to survive a gank, not unlike what defensive ults already in the game are like. How about you not respond to an ability that doesn't exist yet by asking for a buff to your class so you can, I assume, gank easier?

Seriously... If you are reliant on the gank to get the kill you're not a skilled player. The problem isn't the ability, it's your own lack of ability. Savvy?

I've never had a nightblade character. I main a Warden in PVP. I just want to look out for the class before their entire playstyle is destroyed. How will AD fare in Vivec when all their players are unable to gank to win? We'll be the laughing stock of the campaign.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nihility42 wrote: »

Please, for the love of Talos

Something tells me OP got their TES start on Skyrim. What, miss firing a few arrows from stealth knowing it'll die and you'll never be in harm's way?
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This skill is nonsense. I have no idea what they were thinking designing this.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭

Please, for the love of Talos

Something tells me OP got their TES start on Skyrim. What, miss firing a few arrows from stealth knowing it'll die and you'll never be in harm's way?

Like I said, I've never had an NB character. I just want to look out for these players. I feel like the poor NBs don't have enough representation on the forums and don't want to see a classic class destroyed.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They burst you down out of stealth 100 to 0 in under 4 seconds. Now imagine that right as they've blown their load, wasted their entire burst, made themselves vulnerable,
    they cast that skill and try again?

• Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the solution to this is to have incap increase ulti cost for those hit with it. Maybe a 20%-50% increase. That should help mitigate people abusing Undo.
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gtfo with that crap, l2adapt like the rest of the classes that have been nerfed unlike nb which has hardly been touched.
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the solution to this is to have incap increase ulti cost for those hit with it. Maybe a 20%-50% increase. That should help mitigate people abusing Undo.

You really have 0 clue. Undo will be an ultimate not an actual spammable skill. Your entire post is a joke, literally losing brain cells reading it.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a real reason to buff any class but I am already imagining a troll tank DK with battle roar and undo ult spam .
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭

You really have 0 clue. Undo will be an ultimate not an actual spammable skill. Your entire post is a joke, literally losing brain cells reading it.

Look, I don't want to argue with you. It seems like you've been a victim of skillful NB stealth attacks, and I get that that is frustrating. But maybe try learning to mitigate that with skill rather than asking the developers for an easy button?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never had a nightblade character. I main a Warden in PVP. I just want to look out for the class before their entire playstyle is destroyed. How will AD fare in Vivec when all their players are unable to gank to win? We'll be the laughing stock of the campaign.

The unedited text you had before was way better for your purpose. You overdid it a little with adding Vivec AD.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look, I don't want to argue with you. It seems like you've been a victim of skillful NB stealth attacks, and I get that that is frustrating. But maybe try learning to mitigate that with skill rather than asking the developers for an easy button?

Dude just read what you wrote and take your own advice lmfao. You're asking to buff an already strong class because of sn ultimate and it's not even reached PTS yet. And so what if this ultimate is a counter to burst? Is counterplay not allowed as "skill" Just lol..

• Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

The unedited text you had before was way better for your purpose. You overdid it a little with adding Vivec AD.

Hmm... I appreciate your input as I hone my craft. I want to be the best suggester of ideas the forum has ever seen. I'll take your advice to heart.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice joke. i hope stamblades will get their deserved nerfs. *** easymode *** class

I sincerely hope you will enjoy the nerfs to your class as well.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭

Dude just read what you wrote and take your own advice lmfao. You're asking to buff an already strong class because of sn ultimate and it's not even reached PTS yet. And so what if this ultimate is a counter to burst? Is counterplay not allowed as "skill" Just lol..

Nightblades are already such an easily countered class. All you have to do is walk around with your defensive buffs up at all times and be completely aware of your surroundings. This skill goes beyond that, it's the Miat's of ultimates.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just an ultimate. Just travel in pairs or groups and it can only be used to negate 1 NB gank, not 2 or 3, plus they lose an ultimate slot that couldve been used for offense.

And honestly, while I do use cloak for certain situations, I dont really want to depend on it.
    I dont use bow either, DW/2H is more fun. I just need either fortified brass medium or Mighty Chudans monster helm set.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What i see is that any solo player won't kill anything now.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Feanor it takes me 2 seconds to break free heal to full and recover...as a stamblade vs gankblade... trust me the other classes have it far easier especially the ungankable DK...so people who constantly complain that made us a joke in cyrodill are doing it wrong...also I think the undo skill line will be the anti gank skill tbh since u can no longer kill any1 in less than 5 seconds at least and that only if they are noobs and don't know what CC break is...which on EU I can assure you that 90% of the cases know how to play, so yes I have to agree with this random guy that made this post that not only NG ganking but ganking in general(whoever might even use something else for ganking besides nb anyway) looks grim.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can i use this ultimate for everything wrobbles done that last couple of years?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im pretty sure nightblades can just cloak, reset the fight and try again. I hope this is not ZoS's solution to the problems they have created the last few years.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    What i see is that any solo player won't kill anything now.

that is probably the case.
    i hope for our sake that is false.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I building Stam NB meta. I require a 25 ultimate. Increase cloak duration.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    weird, when i first saw what we know I was thinking it a buff for NB's
    (edit: considering they are the most squishy- if they ever fail to dodge anything that is.
    Edited by Goshua on March 22, 2018 4:11PM
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Lol has everyone turned their Troll filters off? He is asking for a NB nerf by making everyone comment on how OP they are and will be. Double Ganks for everyone.......Rewind....
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now imagine that right as they've blown their load, wasted their entire burst, made themselves vulnerable, someone pops this ultimate. The nightblade will be completely helpless and ineffective.
    Sorry but this is nonsense. Nightblades commits about nothing when ganking, so they either one shot you, and the implementation of this new ult changes nothing, or you survive to ult, and unless somehow Undo costs less ult than incap strike, you still end up with a net advantage.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on March 22, 2018 4:52PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.