Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Free week?

Spacemonkey
Spacemonkey
✭✭✭✭✭
So I actually managed to FINALLY convince two friends to try eso out annnnd turns out they wont because there is no free week? They've been adamant that theres no 'free' option and that even after downloading the game through the direct link on the website, they could never log in to their accounts.

I tried to look into it, there is supposed to be a free download link in their account pages, but it would seem there is not. And now its too late. :(

What gives?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Please make sure your friends follow these steps below for the free play event.
    1. Click this link and select your platform
    2. Log into your existing ESO account, or create a new one
    3. Click the link to download the game client
    4. Run the GLoaderInstaller application
    5. Click Continue in the Gorillabox window that will appear
    6. Select your language and click OK
    7. Click Continue on the next window
    8. Read and agree to the EULA then click Continue
    9. Click Install
    10. Click Play
    11. Log in with your existing or new ESO account
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭
    I had the same problem was hoping to play with friends and family but some of them, even though they could create a new account and log in do not have the link to download the client. Just a message on the right side when logged into their account saying they need to buy the game.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thirded, a test account created today is able to login to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com correctly, but has no ability to log into the live PC servers via the game client.
    Edited by Erraln on March 22, 2018 7:45PM
  • deyjasagus
    deyjasagus
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE ,

I saw this and I thought I would try using an account I created during a previous free weekend event but never actually used. The others are correct, there is no option to download the installer. After logging in tot he website all you get in the upper right corner is the option to "redeem code" or "purchase". There is no option to download the installer.

ao46f9heaamv.png
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still had an old installer from another free weekend, so I installed using that. However, the account cannot login to the game.

To clarify, this is with an existing account.
    Edited by SBC on March 23, 2018 12:03PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For those creating a new account for the free play week, you must follow the directions above to receive an email that enables the trial. If you have an account from a previous free trial, you should be able to use it for the current free trial. If you have any issues, please contact customer support so they can check your account.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    For those creating a new account for the free play week, you must follow the directions above to receive an email that enables the trial. If you have an account from a previous free trial, you should be able to use it for the current free trial. If you have any issues, please contact customer support so they can check your account.

Ha, I just sent a ticket in minutes ago. Hopefully it's a quick response. I assumed since my account only has a PS4 account tied to it, that was the issue.

So I made a brand new account just to see, and followed the directions. As stated before, there is no link to download, only to buy the game. Since I already have it installed, I attempted to just log into the game from the new account, and it's the same error message as my account that I have had; account is inactive message.

It seems there's really no way to actually play the free week for PC right now.
    Edited by SBC on March 23, 2018 3:23PM
  • deyjasagus
    deyjasagus
    ✭✭✭

Ha, I just sent a ticket in minutes ago. Hopefully it's a quick response. I assumed since my account only has a PS4 account tied to it, that was the issue.

So I made a brand new account just to see, and followed the directions. As stated before, there is no link to download, only to buy the game. Since I already have it installed, I attempted to just log into the game from the new account, and it's the same error message as my account that I have had; account is inactive message.

What did you select in order to generate a ticket? I've drilled down through the various options and I haven't found one that fits or even creates a ticket yet.
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    deyjasagus wrote: »

What did you select in order to generate a ticket? I've drilled down through the various options and I haven't found one that fits or even creates a ticket yet.

Honestly I don't remember exactly. I think I went through login problems and said no to every article until it gave me the form. Haven't even received an automated response yet though so I don't know how helpful it will be.

I really want to buy the physical collectors for the statue, but I want to know how PC runs before I do that. Hopefully we can get this sorted out =(
    Edited by SBC on March 23, 2018 7:41PM
  • CadaCosa
    CadaCosa
    ✭✭

Wouldn't it be easier for those who want to play free this weekend to just enable all existing unpaid accounts for the free weekend?
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    CadaCosa wrote: »

Wouldn't it be easier for those who want to play free this weekend to just enable all existing unpaid accounts for the free weekend?

That would make a lot of sense. Problem is, even with new accounts, there's no email for the trial either. So new or existing won't work on my end.
  • altunit21
    altunit21
    ✭✭✭
    Please make sure your friends follow these steps below for the free play event.
    1. Click this link and select your platform
    2. Log into your existing ESO account, or create a new one
    3. Click the link to download the game client
    4. Run the GLoaderInstaller application
    5. Click Continue in the Gorillabox window that will appear
    6. Select your language and click OK
    7. Click Continue on the next window
    8. Read and agree to the EULA then click Continue
    9. Click Install
    10. Click Play
    11. Log in with your existing or new ESO account

I can't login to the game with the new account created for the free week. I don't have a link to download the game client in account settings either - just have Redeem Code and Buy Game links. I do have ESO Steam version installed, when I try to login to ESO64.exe in the game client folder (not through Steam) I get an error telling me the account may be inactive at this time.

What am I doing wrong?

• SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    altunit21 wrote: »
    What am I doing wrong?

Nothing, it just doesn't work.

From the looks of it, and lack of reply from support ticket, I'm guessing it won't be working in time.
    Edited by SBC on March 24, 2018 3:00PM
  • altunit21
    altunit21
    ✭✭✭
    What am I doing wrong?

From the looks of it, and lack of reply from support ticket, I'm guessing it won't be working in time.

Yes, not looking good. I did open a support ticket as well.
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    What am I doing wrong?

Yes, not looking good. I did open a support ticket as well.

Let us know if you get a response.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friends are having this issue as well, so I tried to create a new account using the instructions from @ZOS_BillE above. There is no link to download the game. Since I have the game already, when I try to sign-in to the game using the new account (I was allowed to create the account and verified via email), I get an error telling me the account may be inactive.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom it seems the PC Free play event is not working as intended.
    PC-NA
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I actually managed to FINALLY convince two friends to try eso out annnnd turns out they wont because there is no free week? They've been adamant that theres no 'free' option and that even after downloading the game through the direct link on the website, they could never log in to their accounts.

I tried to look into it, there is supposed to be a free download link in their account pages, but it would seem there is not. And now its too late. :(

What gives?

I have the same issue. Created an account for my kids so we could see if they wanted to play together (together with my own active account). But the new account can't login; very frustrating. Made a support ticket but if it isn't answered adequately withing 3 days, then what's the point anyway, the event will be over. And we all know it's not going to answered in just 3 days :(
    Edited by Jayman1000 on March 24, 2018 11:17PM
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just received a reply after over 24 hours from customer support. It's basically a copy paste of the free event promo ad. Half of the reply was the exact steps that were posted in this thread that don't work.

Update:
    I received another email from them wanting me to submit a screenshot along with a Game Consultant submission.

Just got home and was able to send the requested information, so now we wait and see how this plays out.
    Edited by SBC on March 25, 2018 11:33AM
  • deyjasagus
    deyjasagus
    ✭✭✭
    Mine was submitted on the 23rd at 15:13 and still shows awaiting an agent. I'm not holding out any hope at this point to have the issue resolved before the free to play event is over.
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    deyjasagus wrote: »
    Mine was submitted on the 23rd at 15:13 and still shows awaiting an agent. I'm not holding out any hope at this point to have the issue resolved before the free to play event is over.

What was submitted? The consultant report and screenshot?

New update:

They responded after I sent in what they requested, then they said they sent a password reset request to my email because that seems to be the problem. This is sent from them even though I originally stated I can log into the website fine, just not the game. This is likely going nowhere.
    Edited by SBC on March 25, 2018 2:05PM
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok this is a lost cause. After saying that my password is fine, they completely forgot (and didn't read the topic of the support ticket) what we were talking about, then proceeded to ask where I purchased the game.
    Thank you for reaching back out to us about this. In order to further our investigation, I'm going to need some more information from you:

1. What Elder Scrolls Online account did you purchase the game with?
    2. Did you purchase the PC version through a 3rd party Retailer?
    3. Did you purchase this game through Steam?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answering "No" to those three questions will probably result in "you need to buy the game to play."

Edit: They might even remind you that you can participate in one of the free weekends! :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on March 25, 2018 3:48PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Answering "No" to those three questions will probably result in "you need to buy the game to play."

Edit: They might even remind you that you can participate in one of the free weekends! :smile:

Ya that's why I didn't bother. I responded with : "That’s the point, I DIDN’T purchase the game yet. This entire support ticket is about the free week."

UPDATE:
    "We appreciate you getting back to us. We have some information that should clear up any issues here. If you wish to try and play ESO through your PC for the Free Play Weekend, you will need to create a new ESO account for the PC version as you are not able to login to other platforms with the Credentials of another. Hence, you cannot login using your PS4 ESO credentials into PC ESO.

You will need to create a new account for the PC version of ESO to try it out for the Free Play Weekend. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reach back out to us."

They forgot to read the part where I said myself and many others have already tried new accounts. Worthless support...completely terrible.

@ZOS_BillE any idea here?
    Edited by SBC on March 25, 2018 4:11PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sad indeed. If we were having trouble buying crowns, Matt Firor himself would be in this thread helping.
    PC-NA
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Pretty sad indeed. If we were having trouble buying crowns, Matt Firor himself would be in this thread helping.

What's sad is that the free play week is a great marketing tool. I guarantee they are missing out on tons of current and future sales because of it.
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe ya'll have better luck than I. They provided me this link, and said that it will only register your account for the trial by using this link. Problem is, I fail to receive any activation emails using this one. Maybe ya'll can get it to work.

Edit: forgot to give link - https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/free-trial
    Edited by SBC on March 25, 2018 4:52PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The link does work. I created a trial account using it.

Edit: Accounts made outside of that link do not seem to be able to participate in the free trial. I do have one of those from a long time ago sitting around. I was going to use it for a license I purchased, but I gave the license key to someone else. Someon who no longer plays. Shrug.
    Edited by Elsonso on March 25, 2018 5:06PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: Accounts made outside of that link do not seem to be able to participate in the free trial. I do have one of those from a long time ago sitting around. I was going to use it for a license I purchased, but I gave the license key to someone else. Someon who no longer plays. Shrug.

Yep. Just used the link and was able to sign in to the game using new account. Kudos to @jlmecub14a_ESO for the updates!
    PC-NA
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »

Yep. Just used the link and was able to sign in to the game using new account. Kudos to @jlmecub14a_ESO for the updates!

See the problem is I don't get an activation link when I use it =( But I am glad it helped ya'll.

Update:

Made a new email and got in =)
    Edited by SBC on March 25, 2018 5:55PM