The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Physical Edition Pre-purchase and Nightmare Senche Mount?

Aca2017
Aca2017
✭✭✭
Just pre-purchased my physical Summerset Collector's Edition at Amazon. How do I demonstrate to Zenimax that I have done this? I seem to remember sending my Amazon invoice in before, on an earlier pre-purchase (was that for Morrowind? or a completely different game? I can't remember).

This doesn't need to happen "immediately", I don't mind waiting until May 21, but at some point pre-purchasers of physical editions will need to demonstrate it was a PRE-purchase. Having Amazon issue some sort of in-game code at time of purchase, via email, would be an effective way to streamline this sort of thing.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that you need to send support a ticket with the proof of purchase and they will get it sorted out like last time.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't they ask for you to take a pic of the box code or something, sorry I don't do physical orders really anymore lol
  • atlgirl29_ESO
    atlgirl29_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Aca2017 wrote: »
    Just pre-purchased my physical Summerset Collector's Edition at Amazon. How do I demonstrate to Zenimax that I have done this? I seem to remember sending my Amazon invoice in before, on an earlier pre-purchase (was that for Morrowind? or a completely different game? I can't remember).

This doesn't need to happen "immediately", I don't mind waiting until May 21, but at some point pre-purchasers of physical editions will need to demonstrate it was a PRE-purchase. Having Amazon issue some sort of in-game code at time of purchase, via email, would be an effective way to streamline this sort of thing.

This is what they did for Morrowind, maybe they will do it with Summerset:

If you are an existing ESO player who has pre-ordered or pre-purchased the physical ESO: Morrowind Collector’s Edition for PC/Mac, you will be able to join the Early Access event after a few simple steps:

1. Log into the ESO Support Portal and fill out the Early Access entry form. You will need to provide proof of pre-order or pre-purchase for your physical PC/Mac ESO: Morrowind Collector’s Edition.

2. The support team will then grant your account access to ESO: Morrowind for Early Access starting on May 22.

3. When you receive your physical PC/Mac ESO: Morrowind Collector’s Edition at launch on June 6, you will need to enter the included code to get your Digital Collector’s Edition items and Discovery Pack.

If you do not apply the code included with your physical PC/Mac ESO: Morrowind Collector’s Edition within two days of launch, you will get an email alerting you that you will lose access to ESO: Morrowind content within 24 hours. Because of the time needed for certification on PS4 and Xbox One, early access is not an option for console players.

https://fextralife.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-reveals-pc-early-access-details-for-morrowind-shows-new-player-housing/
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    As I write this, it is the evening of 2018/05/20.

I pre-ordered a Summerset physical collector's edition on Amazon, back in March, 2018. There was much discussion underway, in the forums, about how there appeared to be no proactive mechanism for those who pre-ordered Summerset to receive bonus items, like the Nightmare Senche mount... unlike the mechanism offered proactively by Zenimax to handle Morrowind pre-orders.

I wondered aloud, as part of that discussion, why Zenimax did not just set up a way on Amazon to automatically email a promotional code to pre-order customers, and cancel the code if an actual game code (confirming actual purchase, versus mere pre-order) was not redeemed within a short period of time after physical release (which at this point is "tomorrow", 2018/05/21).

Well, I just received (i.e. on the evening of 2018/05/20) an automated email from Amazon, containing a promotional code associated with my Summerset pre-order. Redeeming this code awarded me a Nightmare Senche Mount and a Queen's Bounty Pack.

IMO, the implementation of this leaves much to be desired. They offered benefits as an inducement to pre-order early, but despite the (now demonstrable) fact(s) that a) they intend physical edition pre-order customers to receive the benefits offered to digital edition pre-purchase customers, and b) that automated mechanisms clearly exist to distribute a promotional code, AT ANY TIME, that could enable access to those benefits, they waited until less than 24 hours before physical release to actually distribute that promotional code.

This is utterly ludicrous. Why bother? Why not just enable these benefits upon redeeming the game code distributed with actual physical release? It is rather meaningless to enable access to ANYTHING separately when it is done a mere few hours before physical release. Despite what I was offered as an inducement, I received absolutely no benefit from pre-ordering promptly.

Next time I am offered ANYTHING as an inducement to pre-order/pre-purchase, or indeed take "early" action of any kind (especially benefits the terms of which are likely to "evolve" AFTER I commit to a purchase, as occurred in this instance), I will know EXACTLY what those inducements are worth.

(As well, IMO, Zenimax might want to acquaint itself with the legal principle known as "Fraud in the Inducement".)

Very frustrating, and (needless to say) disappointing.
    Edited by Aca2017 on May 21, 2018 5:23AM