The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master DW weapon combo for bleed build

Exodium
Exodium
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I want to try out a dw bleed build on a stamdk and really want to use the master dw but I only have dagger/dagger.

I understand an axe is optimal but I really don't want to keep farming vdsa to find it. Does having dagger/dagger make that big of a difference to this type of a build? Can dagger/dagger have its own strengths?

If it does I won't bother golding both daggers and instead keep going with the VDSA farm :'(
  • Adeshal
    Adeshal
    ✭✭
    It will make huge difference for PvP. I can tell you, that you will want to go 2 Axe for your DW build, because with only one axe it is very hard to proc Twin Blade and Blunt bleed.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagger/Dagger doesn’t proc the bleed but adds crit.
    Grants a bonus based on the type of weapon equipped: Each axe gives your melee attacks a 8% chance to bleed enemies for 2309 Physical Damage over 6 seconds. Each mace causes your attacks to ignore 10% of an enemy's Physical Resistance. Each sword increases your damage done by 2.5%. Each dagger increases your Weapon Critical rating.

So you need to farm a bit more, sorry.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I understand, you want one axe, because while with two you will double your chance to apply a bleed, the second axe bleed proc will overwrite the first and cause another 2 second delay for the bleed to take effect.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    As far as I understand, you want one axe, because while with two you will double your chance to apply a bleed, the second axe bleed proc will overwrite the first and cause another 2 second delay for the bleed to take effect.

This is wrong. For pvp you want two axes if you want to go for a bleed build.

EDIT: OP, you can go with Troll king + 5 brass + agility + 2 master’s axes and AS 2h axe backbar. Play that on a stamblade and it’s literally overpowered in duels.
    Edited by Subversus on March 22, 2018 5:40PM
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's good news. I stand corrected. Thank you.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if axes are the only viable option what is the point of every other master weapon? Seems like they are redundant drops.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't want or need the second axe.

I'd much rather have the offhand dagger for forcing those rending crits.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • paallterrain148
    I played with master dw bleeds on my stamsorc. I'm still trying to decide if using master weapons is worth giving up the extra damage from a second 5 piece set though.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are non Master's weapons too weak for a bleed build? I guess I'm asking if I have no choice but to grind vDSA. lol Is the damage from those weapons significantly higher than non Master's weapons?
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »

You are absolutely right about the overwriting mechanic, @Aztlan

Whether you choose double axes or axe+dagger depends on which bar you're running them on.

When frontbarred, the 16% chance is going to result in a LOT of overwriting, so a single axe is preferable. Additionally, the 5% crit from a dagger scales with your other outgoing damage.

If you backbar the Master's DW (which is preferable this patch, since you can maintain 5/5/2 set bonuses on your frontbar with a 2H) then the 16% chance of double axes becomes much more sensible, since you want the maximum proc chance during the short windows that you're actually on your backbar. And you also won't have to worry about overwrites when you're pressing an offensive window on your frontbar.

I believe @glavius has posted data in the past, parsed from hours of actual ingame PvP, that showed 1 axe being decidedly superior as a mainbar.
    Edited by TheYKcid on July 21, 2018 9:59AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fav is blood spawn, bone pirate, crest of cyro front bar with 2h axe, dw master backbar on a Stam sorc. Double dot poison on the 2h. I can get like 7 dots going with high uptime in major defile

The issue is medium is too squishy.
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD