The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random BG game type selection horrible

Triipzzz
Triipzzz
✭✭✭
First of all, I'm sure I'm not alone when I think this. The random grab bag selection sucks. My playing time is not unlimited and sometimes It is really frustrating playing 2 or 3 game types which you just don't like. The current grab bag one can give you the same type 3-4 times over sometimes which is incredibly annoying, especially if you have bad games. The 20min deserter penalty does not make dealing with this any easier.

On top of this, some of the game types are incredibly floored. the capture the relic, for example, is a huge joke. Mostly because two teams end up fighting it out for pointless kills while the other runs the relics and wins within a few minutes. I wish it was deleted but hey there's probably someone out there that loves it so whatever. Keep them the same but please change the game type selection options. The game type has to be good or teams just end up turning it into deathmatch for the sake of it.

While I hate the grab bag selection I also understand if you let us only select one to play we may end up only being able to get a game in deathmatch because people are so kill-oriented. To improve the grab bag crap can you take a look at possible changes. I do not have a list of ideas but it does need to change if you ask me or other players. Why not allowing us to select 2-3 of our favorites to play to limit the options but make it a requirement to select the 2-3 and not just 1. Either this or have a poll to remove the least favorite ones because everyone I speak with can 9 times out of 10 agrees which ones are bad and which ones are good. Other games have polls to get a better idea of what players like but your stubbornness and want to control everything has always gotten in the way of this game being so much better.

Opinions?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got the same game type in the same map 3 times in a row. At the time there were 4 maps and 5 gametypes meaning this had a chance of 1 in 8000 of occurring. To me this is one more example of how ZOS' RNG is questionable. Also all the times I had 85% chance on force lock and still failed three times in a row (3 in 1000 chance).
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube