The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Leveling Fighter's Guild - Need Suggestions

SkillzMFG
SkillzMFG
✭✭✭✭
So recently I made an alt and of course I had to start all the guilds from scratch. I made a mistake of not joining the Fighter's Guild while I was grinding levels...Now I'm left with level 2 in FG but I really need the Dawnbreaker ultimate.
I was wondering what was the most efficient way to level up Fighter's Guild? Should I just grind out undead and daedra or should I do Dark Anchors? Maybe even quests for the guild? If anyone has any helpful suggestions I would appreciate them very much. Thanks in advance!
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you get FG xp even when the skill line isn't visible? Are you sure you just weren't killing the right kind of mobs when leveling?

I don't know what is optimal, but some group dungeons are great. I would probably grind the 3 dolmen in Alik'r though if I wanted to level fast.
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I killed only daedra (Spellscar) and undead (Skyreach Catacombs) I also thought I would get all the XP once I joined the FG but alas it didn't happen.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkillzMFG wrote: »
    Should I just grind out undead and daedra or should I do Dark Anchors?
    Yes ...

Dark anchors work well but really just any place where you have a lot of undead and daedra.
    :smile:
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would say probably killing undead and daedra. I think you get 1 point for normal mobs and 5 points for bosses.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Join the alikr dolmen grind zerg and watch TV for like an hour. That'll get you pretty close.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkillzMFG wrote: »
    Maybe even quests for the guild?
    Don't do the quests. The skill level increases are more for character xp than FG xp.

You don't get FG xp killing mechanical trinkets and most of the quests don't really have much "dead" to make them worth while.

The only thing you won't get is the title until you do completely them.

• Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    I've been doing the FG dailies. I'm bouncing around on different characters, typically I get on and do writs/research on one char, get on a second char and do the random normal dungeon for the daily xp bonus, then get on my NB and do a FG daily. Gives about 150 FG points, which is a very peasly drop in the bucket, but over the course of a week or so it will be finished for me.

Broken up like that it makes it less tedious. I've found certain grinds have actually forced me to take breaks from this game before, just from the sheer tedioum. This will at least, break that up some. But if you're in a hurry to grind it, like the above poster stated, Alk'r's probably your best bet

Edited by Glockcoma725 on March 21, 2018 6:57PM
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't in a hurry (i.e. you want dawnbreaker, but don't need it today), you'll level up FG pretty quickly doing your undaunted rank grind, too. Lots of daedra and undead in many dungeons.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing the FG dailies. I'm bouncing around on different characters, typically I get on and do writs/research on one char, get on a second char and do the random normal dungeon for the daily xp bonus, then get on my NB and do a FG daily. Gives about 150 FG points, which is a very peasly drop in the bucket, but over the course of a week or so it will be finished.

Broken up like that it makes it less tedious. I've found certain grinds have actually forced me to take breaks from this game before, just from the sheer tedioum. This will at least, break that up some. But if you're in a hurry to grind it, like the above poster stated, Alk'r's probably your best bet

I'll probably do your thing since I've had enough of the grind for a while...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldharbour zone has Daedra all over the place ... especially concentrated mobs in the Coldharbour public dungeon.