The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Group play support magplar

ichibe
ichibe
✭✭
So for coordinated groups that have 2-3 healers, 2-3 negate tanks, 1-2 permafrost, 1-2 bombers, I’m thinking that more hybrid dps or healers would have a greater impact but I want to put it out here to see if It sounds like a good idea for others as well and not just my thinking. I was thinking about turning my healer into a magplar hybrid with 5SPC/5Spinners/2TK. Destro front, DW back. On the Destro run Retribution, Ele Wall, Proxy, Repentence, Restoring Focus,Solar Prison. DW running entropy, Reflective Light, Sweeps, BoL, Harness Magicka/elusive mist, Agressive Warhorn. Does this sound ridiculous? It’s nearly a magplar dps build, but with a little less focus on dps and a little more on group utility with SPC and TK. Solar Prison for Reduced damage/warhorn for pushing in keeps, BoL for spot heals, ritual for group cleanse, repentance for quick heals mid fight. It would be a 5 light 2 heavy build but I feel like with the right group composition this would work well.
Edited by ichibe on March 21, 2018 1:03PM
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hybrid is not a good idea.
    Why?
    To be an hybrid you need good stats on both, since this game threw away soft caps long ago

To have good stats on both of your magicka and stamna pool/recovery you need hybrid sets
    Those hybrid sets are effective, why? becouse if they were normal-non-hybrid builds could use them having insane stats also on their weak pool

(look at shacklebreaker.)
    Edited by Skander on March 21, 2018 11:39AM
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • ichibe
    ichibe
    ✭✭
    So I wasn’t saying hybrid mag/stam, more along the lines of hybrid healer/dps, rather than straight heals or straight dps
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spc/ spinners isn't really a hybrid. But a good dps/ group support roll.
  • ichibe
    ichibe
    ✭✭
    Maybe support role would better suit “hybrid”.
  • ichibe
    ichibe
    ✭✭
    I’m used to old school days of Everquest and having CC classes an essential to any raid/group setup lol...
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think your topic is a bit misleading...
    you are right, magplars can play either healer, support or dd in pvp. but this role is more defined by the skills used and not by the sets, since most support sets like transmutation, wizards riposte or spellpowercure are aswell very nice in solo pvp gameplay. also your skills rather tend to be those of a dd, not a healer. but in the end, you just play a dd with some support set, actually just buffing your friends while doing damage. this is totally fine and surely works in lot of groups too, since they dont coordinate everything to the details. so i agree, you surely can play this build and help out your friends. but there is likely no difference to the case, when you have a dedicated supporter/ healer with that, since mostly a good group needs to have such a player.
    for the progress pvp guilds, nobody would allow you to enter with this kind of setup, since they have dedicated roles: magplars support and heal and for magical damage, they rather like to have nightblades, since they just perform better with area damage and ultimate use.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ichibe wrote: »
    So I wasn’t saying hybrid mag/stam, more along the lines of hybrid healer/dps, rather than straight heals or straight dps

It does seem your talking PvP and having a character doing both heals and dps is common. Hybrid tends to mean stam/mag which is why others did not understand your OP.
  • ichibe
    ichibe
    ✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    i think your topic is a bit misleading...
    you are right, magplars can play either healer, support or dd in pvp. but this role is more defined by the skills used and not by the sets, since most support sets like transmutation, wizards riposte or spellpowercure are aswell very nice in solo pvp gameplay. also your skills rather tend to be those of a dd, not a healer. but in the end, you just play a dd with some support set, actually just buffing your friends while doing damage. this is totally fine and surely works in lot of groups too, since they dont coordinate everything to the details. so i agree, you surely can play this build and help out your friends. but there is likely no difference to the case, when you have a dedicated supporter/ healer with that, since mostly a good group needs to have such a player.
    for the progress pvp guilds, nobody would allow you to enter with this kind of setup, since they have dedicated roles: magplars support and heal and for magical damage, they rather like to have nightblades, since they just perform better with area damage and ultimate use.

I see and agree, when you put it like that I understand completely. I have been rolling a bomber and healer for a long time and just trying to look at different options for myself that would provide better utility, we sometimes get healer heavy and I’m exploring rather than grinding to make a new toon lol