Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How Much to Charge for Crafted Set?

Meryyl
Meryyl
✭✭✭
I have only used my master crafter for writs and making all my own gear. Occasionally I’ll see someone in guild or zone chat asking for something crafted and I always try to help out. My practice has been to ask for them to send mats and I’ll craft for free. Last night a player asked for help and we traded msgs. They want a complete set of CP 160 Purple Hundings Rage with Training (forgot to ask about glyphs). They said they had no mats, but plenty of gold (that couldn’t be too smart to tell a complete stranger, right?). Anyway, I have no idea how much to charge. Anyone have a rule of thumb for something like this?

I’m thinking maybe I should just tell them to research to get a shopping list - haggle with guild traders - then send me the mats.....
Police Detective: “Why did you shoot him, Marlowe?”
Phillip Marlowe: “There was a lot of killing going on and I wasn’t getting my fair share.”
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Meryyl

On Xbox EU I see popular crafted sets selling in Guild Stores for 20k a piece - as a rule tho I'll just ask them to cover the cost of mats, purple upgrade (have hundreds of green & blue so thats fine) & add a little cut on top for the leg work. Still like 1/4 of the price compared to traders.

Really for training gear I'd suggest CP150 as the difference is minimal anyway & doubt they'd be playing compet with training :smile:

EDIT: I get stacks for 4k & purple upgrade for 500, works out around 5k a piece, 6k at most. Could probably haggle for less.
    Edited by Sparr0w on March 21, 2018 11:57AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PS4 EU. I charger relatively cheap for my gear and mats.

Firstly I make training gear for free. I won't make 160 training gear for free, I mean for noobs trying to get to 160, I make training for free. Free up to blue and I use my -150 mats, so no charge to them at all.

As for everything else this is my list
    1k craft fee per piece, blue, gems and common style mats included in price
    5k stack of rubedite
    5k stack or ruby wood
    14k stack of ancestor silk
    500g per purple mat to make the gear purple (so 4x500 2k each piece)
    Rare style mats cost extra, each have their different price, ranging from something like dark brotherhood bees wax, which i would sell for 2-3k, to buoyant/militant which I would sell for 7-10k
    I also know the crown motifs I would make them for 10k per piece as I have to use mimic stones.
    Food ranges from 10-20k for 100, unless it is something like dubios camlorn, expensive mats.
    Alchemy is priced at unique prices depending on what potions they need and what flowers it uses. eg. 65-70k for 200 spell power pots.
    glyohs I make in the craft so no craft fee, purple glyphs stam/mag/health 2k, weapon/jewellery glyphs 3k
    I don't sell potent nirn or hakeijo, they have to supply them themselves
    I don't sell my gold mats at all apart from occasionally selling a gold glyph.

I'm not into ripping people off, so the 1k craft fee is fair, most people have their own mats too, but if they don't have their mats, I tally the exact number of mats needed, price it up, but also tell them they may be able to find the mats cheaper in stores.
    my prices aren't expensive, they are just rounded off, but higher than stores. So they are paying me for convenience rather than having to go shop.

so for example
    5 pieces of heavy armour, purple, all health glyphs on them, dark brotherhood style with the customer having no mats at all. I would charge about 55k

EDIT: I also trade with the customer too, if they don't have mats or cash. Like I would trade my ore for their wood.
    Edited by Stinkyremy on March 22, 2018 5:57AM
  • Meryyl
    Meryyl
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent. Thanks for all the detail
    Police Detective: “Why did you shoot him, Marlowe?”
    Phillip Marlowe: “There was a lot of killing going on and I wasn’t getting my fair share.”
  • Flashhie
    Flashhie
    ✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    I'm on PS4 EU. I charger relatively cheap for my gear and mats.

Firstly I make training gear for free. I won't make 160 training gear for free, I mean for noobs trying to get to 160, I make training for free. Free up to blue and I use my -150 mats, so no charge to them at all.

That is good to know, probably going to whisper you some day;) @Stinkyremy
    PS4 (EU)
    PSN: Flashhie

• Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on quality, type of set bonus, style and stats (nit weapon piece is 15.000g minimum just in raw for example)

But lets say we are crafting a Legendary armor 5 set bonus with 6 traits .

10.000g per each leather/cloth/metal set = 50.000g
    48.000g for Legendary mats 8x (rosin is cheaper, alloy is more expensive--2000g more)
    500g per trait gem (gota make a profit somewhere)
    Green + blue + Epic mats = 3000g each
    Rare motif mats = 500- 1500g

In total for a legendary 5 set in super rare look=
    50.000g+ (48.000gx8)+ 2500g+ (3000x5) + (1500x 5) =
    459.000 gold MINIMUM --- not adding a crafters fee
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can pick the armor up on PC NA for 4k-6k/pc if i recall. i bought a set about a month ago. Weapons can vary nirnhoned will usually set you back 20-30k