The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do people still run Public Dungeons?

TamrielSaviour215
TamrielSaviour215
✭✭✭
Just wondering if there are specific dungeons that people run? I remember before I left the game before, I could always find a lot of people in public dungeons. Now I never see anyone. I used to like to run Razaks Wheel but I havent seen anyone in there the 5 or 6 times I have tried. Has this just completely phased out or is there just one or two specific public dungeons that people stick to?
PS4/NA
Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I've gone to Old Orisinium (Wrothgar) theres always folks up in there fighting bosses. Quite a few pop in to Crow's Wood as well. Other than that I can't really say
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I occasionally see one or a few people in public dungeons but its more likely ill be the only one in it. I dont go in them often though. Usually just people getting shards from what i can tell though ive seen a few high levels farming the mobs in them.

I dont think they really have a purpose that another feature of the game doesnt do better which is why you dont see a lot of people in them. Maybe they should put motif drops in them like they do with DLCS now or something similar such as a ( useful) set that is exclusive to that dungeon or the public dungeons for that zone or even alliance. Or increase the amount of heavy sacks and chests in the dungeon. Put( more ) resource nodes in it and have them produce double the res per node, Mobs that drop only green or better and bosses that drop blue and purple gear only. Increase the xp gained from mobs and bosses in that dungeon permanently.

They are kind of pointless as is besides for shards, imo.
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thats what I was afraid of. But I cant solo them yet with this build so I will have to hit up the guild to see if anyone wants to run them. I just need shards but didnt want to make someone tag along just for that.
    PS4/NA
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok thats what I was afraid of. But I cant solo them yet with this build so I will have to hit up the guild to see if anyone wants to run them. I just need shards but didnt want to make someone tag along just for that.

What build is it that you can't Solo a pub dungeon? With a self heal you can clear almost every pub dungeon with just light and heavy attacks.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    @BuddyAces

I respec'd my healer try to get the other skill lines up. I think I am going to just add a resto staff on the back bar and do it that way. I was just trying to level the 2h and the DW at the same time. I used to run public dungeons solo with my healer all the time, but with unmorphed skills on the DW and 2h, its not as easy as it used to be lol.
    PS4/NA
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do occasionally chasing skill points
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BuddyAces

I respec'd my healer try to get the other skill lines up. I think I am going to just add a resto staff on the back bar and do it that way. I was just trying to level the 2h and the DW at the same time. I used to run public dungeons solo with my healer all the time, but with unmorphed skills on the DW and 2h, its not as easy as it used to be lol.

Yeah that makes perfect sense. With no self healing at all....yep k n/m. Thought you were going to post some weird RP build that don't use healing and blah blah blah.
    Edited by BuddyAces on March 20, 2018 10:49PM
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I run the group delves on every new character I create (for the skyshard and skill point) and always see people in them, especially Razaks Wheel. It's usually more of a hindrance if others are there because some of the mini bosses are usually dead.

Don't know what time zone you're in @TamrielSaviour215 but if you see that I'm on sometime, hit me up and I'll run a couple with you if you want.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hit public dungeons for skyshards, group event skill points, mage daily, and to farm drop sets, especially weapons because it's easier to get here than world bosses. I usually come across at least a couple others when ever I'm in there. Now granted, we are usually there for different reasons, so if I did need help it might seem to me I was alone.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I most certainly still do run public dungeons, just not as often as I used to now that most of my toons are pretty fleshed out. Even then though, it's usually a dungeon that either has a set I'm farming or I like the bosses design/mechanics.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always go in them solo to level up toons. Some are definitely more populated than others.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)