The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

More diversity in builds

Somber97866
Somber97866
✭✭✭✭✭
What do you think?
Edited by Somber97866 on March 20, 2018 4:03PM

More diversity in builds 36 votes

More than just 2 morphs for skills
41%
rikimm16_ESOjluchauSeptimus_MagnaLynx7386ToRelaxKliffLeyApheriusQuebraRegraMannix1958EverstormRagnarock41Somber97866JobooAGSCelestro 15 votes
More classes
8%
DrachenfierArrilleJierdanit 3 votes
More races
2%
NuclearPath 1 vote
Other
30%
DeadlyRecluseTurelusAllu07neb18_ESOKemosabe2point0GeorgeBlackRunefangJackSmirkingRevengeLadislaoFakeFoxNihility42SinisterG 11 votes
None of the above
16%
thomas1970b16_ESOidkValarMorghulis1896NarvuntienTheDoomsdayMonsterAznox 6 votes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Other.

More ways to achieve the same or similar results. Rather than "This is the 2H build" it should be "These are the 2H builds"

However it would probably require too much work to be viable as a lot of systems and skills would need to get changed.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More classes
    I want to vote for the top two
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the above
    More choices of skills = still same number of builds.

MMORPGs always come down to one or two builds per class. Eso has more variation per class than other games I’ve played. Before eso the skills I used and the order I used them in were dictated. Vary the order and damage dropped precipitously.
  • Eirianbryn30
    Eirianbryn30
    ✭✭
    I'd just like a bow/bow build to be a little more viable
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    There's always only going to be a small number of BIS/meta builds, no matter how many skills you add. Especially for PVE, it;s all about math. There will always be a mathematically optimal combination and that is what most people will use for PVE. PVP is a bit different because there is more variation in your opponents and in individual playstyles, but there will still only ever be a relatively small number of viable builds. I think the best thing that can be done is to bring alternate skills closer to the BIS so they are more viable alternatives.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there an ALL OF THE ABOVE?

I want classes to matter like in EQ...
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None of the above
    Most of the game is playable with your own set ups.. its just that people get tunnelled in on the meta.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think about what the post says. It's not a "need more to be viable" post its a " would be better if" kinda post. Not bashing just curious if others feel the same. This game is awesome.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Better balancing would be a nice thing. More classes or morphs wouldn't change the fact that every build is running the same gear in PvE right now.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • SinisterG
    SinisterG
    ✭✭
    Other
    i'm not a fan of how weapon/skill scaling works and how it pigeonholes magic DD skills with staffs. It sucks that the only weapon line that actually helps damage for a magDK (fire) is Destro staff. Not sure of the solution for this, except maybe all weapons scale off of highest attribute
    -Ruin -
    It bleeds all life away

I will show you all that I have mastered
    Fear.
    Pain.
    Hatred.
    Power.

This is the art of ruin
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More classes
    SinisterG wrote: »
    i'm not a fan of how weapon/skill scaling works and how it pigeonholes magic DD skills with staffs. It sucks that the only weapon line that actually helps damage for a magDK (fire) is Destro staff. Not sure of the solution for this, except maybe all weapons scale off of highest attribute

Solution would be to incorporate magicka melee weapons, like every other game out there.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Devs should focus on identity of class and buff traits that will highlight them.
    More stamina morphs.
    1 more magic weapon skill line
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is always going to be an optimal build no matter how many bells and whistles you add, so you can't change this by adding more morphs and junk. Even if you created builds that were still perfectly viable - we already have that now. There are plenty of completely viable builds for most all content in this game.

IMHO this game could benefit from more loadout options and being able to switch them, so you could have your 'optimal' build for tough content where a group expects you to perform to a certain level, and then some fun builds for other content and the ability to swap them without tediously reassigning champion points, resetting skill morphs, etc.

I personally enjoy unique builds but I also enjoy progressing through difficult content. This means that unless i want to reset my skills and CP all the time, on top of swapping gear better suited for a particular build, I'm kinda just stuck going optimal all the time.

you wanna see more diverse builds, then:

-Allow both morphs to be purchased and used without involving a "This or that" choice
    -Have an in-game system for different skill loadouts so they aren't tedious to change
    -tie those load-outs to CP distrition setups

You can add more options but those options are going to be just as useless unless your average player has the room to experiment with builds/morphs/gear, etc.

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Out of these, more morphs is the only one that would offer more viable build options for existing characters. Of course, it doesn't compare to actually balancing well towards build diversity in the first place and would be a disaster if not done correctly.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Three morph options seems like a good way to create more diversity.
    The morph choice has to be a difficult one, not just pvp/pve or stam/mag morph.

I would also be strongly in favor of magicka and stamina morphs in all weapon skill lines.

Playing a magicka DD shouldnt mean you cannot run a bow and be successful.
    Just make the magicka version a conjured bow and deal magic dmg for example.
    Give S&B magicka based morph options and make the frost staff a viable weapon for DDs.

If you look at all weapon skill lines like this the diversity can be improved significantly.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer