The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Some Templar skill idea's.

MalakithAlamahdi
MalakithAlamahdi
✭✭✭✭✭
I had a few small idea's for Templar skills that I think would make some underused skills a bit better and make the class less reliant on things like Vampire to fill the slots.

Radiant Aura
- Champion the cause of divine glory to apply Minor Magickasteal to all enemies around you for 15 seconds, causing you and your allies to restore 300 Magicka every 1 seconds when damaging them.
- While slotted, you gain Minor Fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect, increasing Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 10%.

I feel as if this skill gets outshined by Elemental Drain. This skill is free to cast, gives Major Breach, has a lot longer range and gives 400 Magicka back every 1 second when damaging an enemy. A lot of players already use a Destro Staff as the mele's are more stamina oriented, so there is little reason to use Radiant Aura for this. 10% extra recovery doesn't make a huge difference if your base regen isn't high already and certainly isn't worth taking a skillslot over.

What I'm suggesting for this skill:
Keep the 10% regen while it's slotted. This seems fine to have as an passive if slotted. Add Major Sorcery and/or Major Brutality to it. This way Magplars don't have to slot Entropy or use potions for this buff. It will also give Stamplars more use for this skill if they don't want to use a 2H. Minor Magickasteal can also stay if the cost to cast stays as high as it it. Otherwise a cost reduction seems in place or it needs to add something like Minor Resolve and Minor Ward. I think this fits with the defensive nature of this class. I'm not sure if it should give this to everyone around you like Molten Weapons does or if it should be a buff for just the Templar on cast besides the Minor Magickasteal. What would you think?

Solar Barrage
I like the new morhp for Solar Flare. I think it fits the fighting style of mele Templars. I do think a 1.1 second cast time is to long for a mele oriented skill and should be removed as you can't really cast it at close range. Another option would be keeping the cast time but extending the duration from 6 seconds (3 pulses) to 8 or 10 seconds as then you it would be worth the risk more when casting it. This skill can be interrupted like Dark Flare but doesn't have it's range. So such a long cast time makes it really hard to use against anyone that knows how to bash or use Crushing Shock etc.

Healing Ritual & Morphs

Ritual of Rebirth
I like the idea of an close ranged AOE heal. But this skill gets overshadowed by a lot of skills like BoL, Combat Prayer, or even Healing Springs. It has a 1.5 second cast time and just a 10m range. Heals like this are needed when someone drops really low and needs a quick heal, but because it has such a long cast time it kinda fails at it's job imo. I've tried it out in both PvE and PvP but never really found it usefull or worth a pick over anything else.

What I'm suggesting for this skill:
Make it a heal over time like Mutagen is that applies to anyone in a 10 meter radius (and gets applied to them, not an AOE that lays on the floor). Also Apply Minor Expedition for it's duration. Templars are really slow while they usually sit at mele range to engage if they wish to use jabs or the like. This would make them less of a snail and might not make Mistform such a must in PvP. This would also give this skill something unique. Skills like Hurracane give armor, a speed buff and do aoe damage all in one. Why do so little templar skills have something unique and usefull like that?

Hasty Prayer
Simple. Make it an instant cast AOE ability. 10 meters isn't a whole lot and it costs 3.7k to cast. This could replace BoL as a panic heal in spots where people are stacking up more. BoL works great but it oftenly picks a rondom guy instead of the one you're aiming for so this could serve as a team heal when people are close to the caster. There is nothing hasty about running faster in your "prayer" when people died a second ago.

So what do you think of this? Let me know if you agree, disagree, have ajustments to these or have other ideas for them. My goal is to give these skills more use and make Templars less reliant on other skilllines. I play both PvP and PvE actively so I'm trying to make them usefull for both of them.

EDIT: And blazing spear needs it's stun back imo. But I think that's becoming a bit of a dead horse already.
Edited by MalakithAlamahdi on March 20, 2018 3:54AM
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talk about ults too. All ults are for DEF
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i remember correctly, then solar barrage is not interruptable, since it is a melee cast time skill.
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordSlif wrote: »

Radiant sweep used to be quite good imo before it turned into a stamina morph. Making it physical or magic damage depending on what stats are highest would be an easy fix for that. Both Nova skills cost to much ultimate compared to similar skills so these need a reduction or a buff to bring them in line with things like Eye of the Storm. Rooting people inside of it would be cool for instance. Repentance is pretty good already. I think making you mobile during it would turn zergs into a true nightmare so that's probably not a good choice. Overall I think most Templar ultis are really underwhelming the way they are.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cresent sweep is good for dmg, but they changed it to stamina. Becouse stamina doesn't have enough dmg ultimates already
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Cresent sweep is good for dmg, but they changed it to stamina. Becouse stamina doesn't have enough dmg ultimates already

Yea, I got no clue what they were thinking when they did this.