The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Feedback] Replace Rewards for the Worthy System

Agrippa_Invisus
Agrippa_Invisus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I've given feedback similar to this before, but I'm going to say it again. With a new chapter coming up, that's the perfect time to implement the change.

The current Rewards for the Worthy (ROTW) need to be disposed of.

It should not be tedious to deal with what is supposed to be a reward, but tedious it is.

It clogs our mail boxes, it creates additional database bloat that can't be good for the server, and it gives us rewards we essentially can't use or don't want. They have almost no intrinsic value at this point due to the market being completely saturated in these sets.

If you must send us sacks of goodies, make it consumables and crafting materials and motifs and soul gems and siege weapons. Akin to the Pelinal boxes, but not as valuable (obviously).

Give us an object that lets us buy crafting stations for the PVP sets for our homes that we can burn AP on to get. Give us new motifs that we can buy with AP, and you can even cycle old motifs through whatever vendor sells this. Make the Golden more interesting with a wider variety of sets, and more than just jewelry and monster set pieces and maybe even some furniture.

For end of campaign rewards, please add the master weapons back in. That was essential to feeling like we'd been rewarded. Add monster sets instead of just jewelry to the end of campaign reward rotation, such as what is normally on the Golden.

Whatever it is you do, though, please get rid of the current ROTW system. It's not helpful and we feel unrewarded.
Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on March 20, 2018 12:10AM
Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
Once a General, now a Citizen
Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally agree man. Any gear I get from RotW boxes heads immediately to decon city. Aside from the very rare piece that’s actually worth more than 1k gold at a guild trader.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Ceepax
    Ceepax
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Lil Ceep
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege weapons and repair kits, please. Most consumables are useless. I don't mind having an option to buy crafting mats with AP as well as Tel Var, but I don't think we should get them through RotW. Hirelings serve that purpose already.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy mat (you do need potions to pvp)
    Siege
    Repair kits

More AP purchase choice including motifs
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    repair kits (seige and armor), seige, soul gems in the containers would be nice. And keep the transmute stone drop chance as is and be part of the package
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭
    Never agreed more.

Every 2 days my mail is full. 10/10 chars have max crafting from decconing all of this.

Its just a chore now. Just a chore. None of these sets are worth anything to sell, so instead I spend 30 minutes opening all my mail, then opening all the boxes, then deconning all of it for maybe 50 max level mats.

Its a waste. I'd honestly rather not have any rewards at all than what we have currently.

Any of Agrippa's suggestions would be great. Even just putting weapons back in the loot would be nice. Or the occasional gold.

Something. ANYTHING would be better than what we have now.
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more RNG items period. I hate how this game constantly buries me in trash inventory. Whether it's running a dungeon or grinding delves for shards or PVP, I'm loaded with trash drops to process after.

The RNG box concept for items is idiotic. Reward us with AP or a new AvA currency. Ditch all the PVP RNG boxes. Let us buy the PVP set items we want with AP with a simple store interface. Stop wasting our time with tedium and let us play the game!

ZOS made a critical error by using AP for both PVP progression and as a currency. It makes it impossible to tune each separately. So a new AvA currency may be required. Perhaps AP should be made progression only with its economic function replaced by a new AvA currency.

The game rains loot because players asked for it, but now that it's been happening for a while isn't it apparent we're no further ahead? Everyone should realize that if an item drops twice as often, it's probably worth about half as much, so the increased drop rate only adds tedium and not value.

Very few pieces of very few sets are even worth selling anymore. I avoid doing things I enjoy because I hate processing accumulated trash loot so much.

TL;DR: No more RNG loot or RNG loot boxes.
    Edited by zyk on March 20, 2018 4:24AM
  • Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Alchemy mat (you do need potions to pvp)
    Siege
    Repair kits

More AP purchase choice including motifs

I agree with these, maybe also a very small chance of getting a Coldharbour siege?

I also think there should be a way to get them without being from mails. Something like a menu where you could retrieve the PvP rewards from, like how Crates don't use up inventory space and the stuff from them is retrieved through their own menu. You'd simply get a (!) Symbol on the menu when you had a reward. This applied to the ROTW would ensure no more email spam.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I think all the PvPrs will at least agree that the email spam sucks and that 4 years into the game a change on this is needed.
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. I'm sure the Grand Warlord can find some other way to be snarky than sending me whatever random crap was on top of the pile to "thank" me. :D
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if its clogging your mail, you should maybe check it more often. i would agree though that seige weapons would be a better reward than 5 blue rings for instance.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Vilestride on March 20, 2018 6:00AM
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    abso freaking 'loot'ly
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »

Those notes had me all excited for a moment, then I saw that they weren't from ZOS and had a sad.

If those patch notes came out (I only have a minor quibble here and there and it's not worth spending ink on, they're so minor) as is, I would be elated.

Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.

We can pray and dream, right?
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vilestride

Your comment is not just about a revision for 'rewards for the worthy' ... it contains a well thought out revamp of how pvp could work in Cyrodiil. I don't know if you wrote it, or if someone else did, but whoever wrote it did a good job.

Here are a few of my comments regarding the revamp:

The suggestion to bar a person's alts (who are in a different faction on the same home campaign) from participating in leaderboards (including emperorship) and from the rewards for the worthy (daily as well as 'end of campaign') while still being able to earn AP is a good idea and a good compromise between what we have now and a faction lock-out (as some have suggested).

I also like the idea that gate keeps won't upgrade when owned by the enemy (for many reasons).
    Another idea I liked was having the number of npcs at keeps adjust dynamically based on faction population.

With regard to faction scoring, the idea of tying the ownership of 'connected resources' to the overall point value of owing a keep is really good. Instead of the #1 and #2 factions vying for the underdog's resources, the focus would be in the other direction ... this provides an atmosphere for more tactical gameplay. ( I can't copy / paste text from an image, but for anyone who's interested, it is described under 'Maps & Scoring --> Scoring Values '.)

While I'm not in favor of all the suggested changes, I do like quite a number of them (more than what I pointed out above).

I've experienced Cyrodiil from the days before One Tamriel to now, so, for me, it's easy to see how dysfunctional pvp has become ... I also see many of the suggestions as breathing fresh air into Cyrodiil ... it addresses not only the rewards for the worthy, but pvp as well.

Edited by Maryal on March 20, 2018 11:13AM
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely agree, any gear I get from rewards usually go straight into the trash. It would be nice to actually feel like I'm being rewarded for my "effort".
    I also like the idea of vendors having motifs available for AP!
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    @Vilestride

Your comment is not just about a revision for 'rewards for the worthy' ... it contains a well thought out revamp of how pvp could work in Cyrodiil. I don't know if you wrote it, or if someone else did, but whoever wrote it did a good job.

Here are a few of my comments regarding the revamp:

The suggestion to bar a person's alts (who are in a different faction on the same home campaign) from participating in leaderboards (including emperorship) and from the rewards for the worthy (daily as well as 'end of campaign') while still being able to earn AP is a good idea and a good compromise between what we have now and a faction lock-out (as some have suggested).

I also like the idea that gate keeps won't upgrade when owned by the enemy (for many reasons).
    Another idea I liked was having the number of npcs at keeps adjust dynamically based on faction population.

With regard to faction scoring, the idea of tying the ownership of 'connected resources' to the overall point value of owing a keep is really good. Instead of the #1 and #2 factions vying for the underdog's resources, the focus would be in the other direction ... this provides an atmosphere for more tactical gameplay. ( I can't copy / paste text from an image, but for anyone who's interested, it is described under 'Maps & Scoring --> Scoring Values '.)

While I'm not in favor of all the suggested changes, I do like quite a number of them (more than what I pointed out above).

I've experienced Cyrodiil from the days before One Tamriel to now, so, for me, it's easy to see how dysfunctional pvp has become ... I also see many of the suggestions as breathing fresh air into Cyrodiil ... it addresses not only the rewards for the worthy, but pvp as well.
    @Maryal
    It's from the Dracast Episode 5 post :) would be happy to discuss further there don't want to hijack this post for that though ^^

Agree about rewards of the worthy changes. I'd prefer a better rewards less often rather than constant spam of trash items
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 20, 2018 12:08PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO

LOL, yea I did get carried away with the revamp to Cyrodiil thing. But, specifically as it pertains to rewards of the worthy:

I think the armor in the 'rewards' is great for newer players in the Volunteer and Recruit ranks, and maybe up to Tyro. Beyond that, getting the armor is rather redundant. I try to sell the rewards armor to a merchant when I can, but I usually end up destroying the armor to get it out of my inventory. I like getting the geodes. Also the gold that comes with the rewards mail is nice, it's not much, but I do like that part as well.

I have always advocated for the rewards of the worthy to include repair materials for keeps and siege equipment (soul gems are a good idea too).

With regard to the end-of-campaign rewards ... there are 2 things I really like: the gold first and foremost, and also the geodes. Armor/jewelry is sold to my merchant ... or destroyed (depends on my inventory space).
    Edited by Maryal on March 20, 2018 1:26PM
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cane we have more XP given when we done with objectives please? cos the level grinding in cyrodiil is painfull.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throw some tel-var stones in there.