Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gearing/Skilling a PvE Imperial Warden tank for occasional PvP forays?

OrdoHermetica
OrdoHermetica
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all - I have an Imperial Warden tank that I need to do some Alliance leveling with, and because I also actually play PvP regularly and know how it works, I refuse to do it through carpentry, masonry, and ineffectual heal spamming during sieges.

So, with that in mind: how should I gear to at least be vaguely effective at killing and PvP tanking without having to respec my attributes every time I head to Cyrodiil (I'll respec CP as needed, but that's all I really want to do)? I have 2H and Bow both fully leveled in addition to S+B from PvE solo questing, so I have weapon options. I was sort of thinking 5 piece Hulking Draugr to overcome my Stamina deficiency and then... I dunno? 7th Legion? Some sort of raw weapon damage/pen set? Spriggans? No idea about monster set, either.

As for skills, I have everything unlocked in all three Warden trees, and I have the spare Skill Points to unlock things in Bow and 2H as needed.

Anyone else successfully built an effective PvP set for their otherwise PvE tank and want to share their gear/skill setup?

Best Answers

• cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your wanting a heavy armor set take a look at way of fire.
    It’s all about damage and the fire proc is great for vamp control
    Answer ✓
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Run werewolf hide with 7th legion or truth
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
    Answer ✓
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your wanting a heavy armor set take a look at way of fire.
    It’s all about damage and the fire proc is great for vamp control

Hm. Hadn't considered that, but good call. It's also dirt cheap, so bonus.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ryanborror wrote: »
    Run werewolf hide with 7th legion or truth

Yeah, the ultigen build's one that crossed my mind. I'd at least be able to tank for days.