The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Still getting snared in mistform

MalakithAlamahdi
MalakithAlamahdi
✭✭✭✭✭
Fix your game.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Been like that for a long time. Sucks.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that drives me crazy as well...

That damn Poison can lock you down while in Mist Form as well...

:(
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that drives me crazy as well...

That damn Poison can lock you down while in Mist Form as well...

:(

And frost clench iirc.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s funny how the counters aren’t counters.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rather experience the fascinating timing of stuns, when you get out of mistform. Not meaning just letting run out mistform, but coming out a bit earlier in block for example. But if a magdk with fossilize is near, i get stunned exactly when coming out of mistform in block in 90% of those cases.
    Do magdks get any special training there to get this stuns off or do they have any ingame miat function, which says „stun now with fossilize“?
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poison Snare and root ignore mist for and any other Form of root/ snare immunity. Has been reported for 5 Patches now but fixing the bug would lower the fun poisons brought to the game, not
    Checkmath wrote: »
    I rather experience the fascinating timing of stuns, when you get out of mistform. Not meaning just letting run out mistform, but coming out a bit earlier in block for example. But if a magdk with fossilize is near, i get stunned exactly when coming out of mistform in block in 90% of those cases.
    Do magdks get any special training there to get this stuns off or do they have any ingame miat function, which says „stun now with fossilize“?

That's just the spam the Button until it finally works tactic atleast for most people. The good players will just count and use their stun exactly when the ability runs out.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Poison Snare and root ignore mist for and any other Form of root/ snare immunity. Has been reported for 5 Patches now but fixing the bug would lower the fun poisons brought to the game, not

That's just the spam the Button until it finally works tactic atleast for most people. The good players will just count and use their stun exactly when the ability runs out.

No the good players will spam it to prevent a double mist and to catch someone ending it early with block to fit a heal inb4 the foz.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To elaborate on the other reply: fossilize is actually greyed out and unusable when you target someone who the fossilize wouldn't work on (i.e. CC immune targets). That allows the DK to rapidly spam the button, and the instant the target becomes vulnerable to fossilize, the ability becomes active and CC is applied.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

To elaborate on the other reply: fossilize is actually greyed out and unusable when you target someone who the fossilize wouldn't work on (i.e. CC immune targets). That allows the DK to rapidly spam the button, and the instant the target becomes vulnerable to fossilize, the ability becomes active and CC is applied.

Same with Rune Cage, which is even showing up as fossilize on Combat Addon notifications.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fossilize will only be able to used when you're not CC immune, as a result they can spam it non stop and it will only cast when you're out of mist form.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s ok guys. The immov poison still roots us forward momentum users too. And if we’re rooted and snares at the same time and pop FM, it’ll clear the root but not the snare. You’re not alone.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    It’s ok guys. The immov poison still roots us forward momentum users too. And if we’re rooted and snares at the same time and pop FM, it’ll clear the root but not the snare. You’re not alone.

Yep and that’s one of the ways to spot a cheater. Those little anomalies never slow them down as they have set their speed to equal major expedition. They aren’t affected by gap closer snare, snare/root poisons and other buggy things that normally slow you while shuffle or FM is running.
    Edited by Dredlord on March 21, 2018 11:50AM