The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina Warden and Blade Cloak

JackSmirkingRevenge
The wardens self healing from active and passive abilities is insane. I understand that blade cloak mitigates 25 percent of AoE damage but would running the wings or another skill be viable for stamwarden in trials or vet content considering all the self healing available (Lotus, Bond, green balance passives, etc)?

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could but it won't add to your survivability and Deadly cloak actually does decent damage.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadly cloak is too good to not use in trials
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wings seems pointless in organized content where you have combat prayer.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Most people (by that I mean people who run with VERY good groups) don't run Deadly Cloak because its going to be a loss of DPS compared to your spammable when things like Major Force, Major Slayer, Major Berserk and Off-Balance (and of course the super strong Mechanical Acuity) are applied. All of the above are short buffs that don't exceed 10seconds, meaning that not all ticks of Deadly Cloak will be buffed by them which in turn means that one cast of a spammable will deal more damage per cast than Deadly Cloak. So we don't run Deadly Cloak unless it's absolutely mandatory for survival (The Mage, The Assembly General, vAS HM and Sanctum Ophidia after the Mantikora until the Serpent).
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Deadly Cloak on ALL dual wield using builds. For 2 handed obviously you can't use it (bow back bar) so I run Brawler instead which grants a Damage Shield and does decent damage (comparable to Deadly Cloak) when using a Master's 2 hander.

I have my dual wielding Warden's bars like this:
    Dual Wield:
    Rending Slashes, Deadly Cloak, Shrouded Daggers (AoE damage) OR Cutting Dive (Single Target), Sub. Assault, Green Lotus
    Bow:
    Endless Hail, Rearming Trap, Poison Injection, Razor Caltrops OR Soothing Spores OR Bird of Prey, Bull Netch

This set-up pulls >30k even on a bad day so in essence OP, you can have your cake and eat it too.
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Most people (by that I mean people who run with VERY good groups) don't run Deadly Cloak because its going to be a loss of DPS compared to your spammable when things like Major Force, Major Slayer, Major Berserk and Off-Balance (and of course the super strong Mechanical Acuity) are applied. All of the above are short buffs that don't exceed 10seconds, meaning that not all ticks of Deadly Cloak will be buffed by them which in turn means that one cast of a spammable will deal more damage per cast than Deadly Cloak. So we don't run Deadly Cloak unless it's absolutely mandatory for survival (The Mage, The Assembly General, vAS HM and Sanctum Ophidia after the Mantikora until the Serpent).

Deadly cloak isnt there primarily for damage, it's there for the whopping 25% damage reduction on aoe effects. There are far too many unavoidable AoE's for melee dps in trials that can be turned from a one shot to a survivable hit with deadly cloak active. Quick Cloak can alternatively be used if mobility is needed, though most dps prefer deadly for the extra damage.

The damage it deals isnt bad either, especially in aoe situations, though I'd really prefer if they made it deal damage every second rather than every 3 seconds.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank