The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BE WARNED

Somber97866
Somber97866
✭✭✭✭✭
Have videos of skills not registering damage ( mainly target skeleton ) on xbox na. Especially flame clench with master inferno staff. Thought it might be my internet ( test right after it happened and had 60mbps and 57ms latency). Anyone else noticed anything like this?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a suspicion but I believed it to be my own incompetence. I'll pay closer attention and let you know
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do. I tested it. Seemed to happen 1 out of 20 ,then 6 casts later, then not again for 15 or so cast with the clench. Have to go back and check some of the others.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems most affected by clench and master stave. I'm starting to thoroughly test everything again. Clench did it again on the 10 cast again just now.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All skills are a subject to availability and depend on RNG. It's all in terms of service. At no point can we expect an ability to work as intended. If you clicked agree, you can only have yourself to blame.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like combat in original Morrowind.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might not be lagging

But zos servers always are
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*Epic Battle Music plays loudly*

*Rolls Dice*

"You miss the Cliff Racer. It seems perturbed."

*Screeching*

"The Cliff Racer rolls a crit, and mauls your lifeless corpse."
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont know about flame clench.

But i know at least 1 other skill that someitmes doesnt do the full dmg.

If you double cast mystic orbs it sometimes does 2x dmg and soemtimes 1x.

I tried for an hour to find out why, but as far as i understodd it was random
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont know about flame clench.

But i know at least 1 other skill that someitmes doesnt do the full dmg.

If you double cast mystic orbs it sometimes does 2x dmg and soemtimes 1x.

I tried for an hour to find out why, but as far as i understodd it was random
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*Epic Battle Music plays loudly*

*Rolls Dice*

"You miss the Cliff Racer. It seems perturbed."

*Screeching*

"The Cliff Racer rolls a crit, and mauls your lifeless corpse."

* Returns later armed with bow and arrows. Sneaks as he spots cliff racer.

"You're dead now, bird!"

* Fires arrow...misses. CR is instantly aware of your presence and flies at you at breakneck speed.

* battle plays out like previous fight.

:'(
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Somber97866 clench does not deal direct dmg if you cast it twice in a row, you must dmg with something else in between. Atleast how that skill work for me.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have videos of skills not registering damage ( mainly target skeleton ) on xbox na. Especially flame clench with master inferno staff. Thought it might be my internet ( test right after it happened and had 60mbps and 57ms latency). Anyone else noticed anything like this?

yep, it's been happening... I've taken to calling them "misfires". The ratio is certainly greater than 1 out of 20 IMHO. Look at the issues with bar swap while yer at it.

• Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw something similar to this happening back in 2015 when heavy attacks were used after flame clench, don't think it was ever addressed I just changed my playstyle.
    (@ 0:09 you can see it pass right through the enemy)
    https://youtu.be/zVzZwPlZVA0

[sidenote: look at them beautiful non-floating shoulders!]
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on March 19, 2018 11:16PM
    love is love
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm now you mention it I've felt something like this with skills not consistently firing. Felt like I was out of range etc but icon was lit just didn't fire.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't personally experienced this on my account, but a friend of mine who I was trying to help with their DPS has a huge issue with their light attacks on Lightning Staves not going off AT ALL
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, I have Heavy Attacks that simply "miss" a standing target sometimes even when vulnerable or stunned, it happens the game registers that I made the Heavy Attack, but the target doesn't register it got hit by it so the entire action is just wasted. Usually happens after a Charge attack or abilities that move my character to the enemy target.

Edited by phaneub17_ESO on March 20, 2018 1:50AM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    All skills are a subject to availability and depend on RNG. It's all in terms of service. At no point can we expect an ability to work as intended. If you clicked agree, you can only have yourself to blame.

agreed.
    I saw something similar to this happening back in 2015 when heavy attacks were used after flame clench, don't think it was ever addressed I just changed my playstyle.
    (@ 0:09 you can see it pass right through the enemy)
    https://youtu.be/zVzZwPlZVA0

[sidenote: look at them beautiful non-floating shoulders!]

this *** has been happening since like homestead.. They busted this. Try using a 2h/dw/s&b... Its so ridiculous. L/A and animation canceling is all messed up compared to how it used to be.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did have a target laying down after incap and executioner would not fire. Action depleted; it just did nothing
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had times where I would be going through a dungeon with a random group and I noticed that some of my abilities were not hitting off, like mutagen going to someone that is at full health instead of someone that is obviously about to die. I've even had ultimates that would spend themselves but never apply to anyone. I can tell they did not get it yet I wasted ultimate using it. Combat prayer and wall of elements seem to be immune to this but shards don't seem to be. I've had an entire group all have this happen to them. This happened with us in vaults of madness vet... that dungeon is too easy to be having that problem. Another problem I would be noticing is that my bars would suddenly change on their own. Thought it was my controller so I switched controllers but no even a new controller experiences this. There is other issues as well. What with people disappearing and not being able to health them or not sure if I even am healing them.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! This is so sad. Instead of doing their job and fixing this stuff they'd rather throw the nerf ball at us continuously.