Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Where is Nirn's moons?

Cherry_Bittersweet
Cherry_Bittersweet
Soul Shriven
Nirn has two moons, Masser and Secunda. The other astral bodies in the sky above Nirn. It would be great to look up at the sky in Tamriel is see the actual moons.
To make it even better... seeing the various constellations according to the Lore. The constellations can move above the sky in real time and depending on mundus stone a player has, they would get a bonus based on the season of the constellation.
The Serpent travels across the entire sky separate from the other constellations and can either be a curse or blessing. Anyone that has the Serpent would be blessed, but if the Serpent is in the same season as any of the other Constellations, the player with the other would be cursed.
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    You can see them. They even have lunar cycles.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you ever looked up? They actually travel across the sky and have cycles
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are there, they come and go. :)

Also there is the dark moon as well...but lore is not 100% if it is a real place in mundus or a plane of oblivion.

(lore lords/ladies/peoples correct me if I am wrong)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gr8 b8 m8
    Edited by Radinyn on March 19, 2018 4:54PM
  • Cherry_Bittersweet
    Cherry_Bittersweet
    Soul Shriven
    I guess I have been missing them. To much Skooma?
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess I have been missing them. To much Skooma?

This one heard once, that there is no such thing as too much Skooma.
    But then again, the Khajiit who told this one so died in a Skooma den not long after.
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    They are there, they come and go. :)

Also there is the dark moon as well...but lore is not 100% if it is a real place in mundus or a plane of oblivion.

(lore lords/ladies/peoples correct me if I am wrong)

The dark moon is lorkhaj's prison, so I'm pretty sure its another plane of existence (may or may not be part of oblivion).
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    btw where are moons
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked my screenshot collection, saddly I don't think I have any pictures of the moons on hand, but they are in game. They follow a 28 in-game day lunar cycle, which means it's usually full moon around midweek, and new around the weekend.
  • Alagras
    Alagras
    ✭✭✭
    Funny that you didn t see them, but I support your suggestion about constellations etc...

Night sky could be changing with signs we would look for etc.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    knCYBdt.jpg
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    knCYBdt.jpg

I think ESO does a wonderful job with its night skies. Sometimes I'll just take my character to a high point and look up at the in-game night sky and, well, sort of just get lost in my thoughts.

In-game weather effects are good, too, especially the nighttime thunderstorms. I've jumped more than once when cracks of lightning shatter through the sky.

"Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of times people miss this as they have their Gamma turned up. Votan has a nice addon, Darker Nights ( I think it's called) that turns adjusting gamma into a toggle.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA