Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Watch Our Next Big ESO Announcement Live on Twitch"

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Should be in about 5 hours or so?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Does anyone know why they bother travelling to Twitch Headquarters for the announcement ?
    As we can see in ESO Live, ZOS' facilities are doing an OK job at setting up a decent livestream show, and as far as I can remember, Morrowind's announcement last year wasn't impressive at all - as a "show".
    Why don't they do it at ZOS ?
    I believe some of them were at GDC which is in San Fran, could be they just figured they could do it there as it's in the same city?

That makes sense ! I didn't know about the GDC thing. Thanks for the info.
    I'm not 100% one that's where they went, but they were flying out Monday and others on the forums speculated it's likely that's where they were off to.

Edit. Now that I think about it in the same thread someone said Jess confirmed that's where they were going.

Pete Hines is apparently joining them, since he Tweeted that the was travelling, too.

Was he there for the MW announcement or was the last time that awful broadcast when they announced they were changing the payment model yes and the man with the bad shirts left?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Pretty sure last time it was Pete and Rich. I seem to remember Pete saying about how Morrowind was something he worked on when he was a Dev.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why they bother travelling to Twitch Headquarters for the announcement ?
    As we can see in ESO Live, ZOS' facilities are doing an OK job at setting up a decent livestream show, and as far as I can remember, Morrowind's announcement last year wasn't impressive at all - as a "show".
    I believe some of them were at GDC which is in San Fran, could be they just figured they could do it there as it's in the same city?

I'm not 100% one that's where they went, but they were flying out Monday and others on the forums speculated it's likely that's where they were off to.

Edit. Now that I think about it in the same thread someone said Jess confirmed that's where they were going.

Pete Hines is apparently joining them, since he Tweeted that the was travelling, too.

Was he there for the MW announcement or was the last time that awful broadcast when they announced they were changing the payment model yes and the man with the bad shirts left?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Pretty sure last time it was Pete and Rich. I seem to remember Pete saying about how Morrowind was something he worked on when he was a Dev.

This one is just concerned that they usually bring out Mr Pete for damage control. Has he ever been a dev? This one thought he had always worked on the PR side of things. Khajiit just does not want to hear anything along the lines of 'we are dropping ESO Plus and now crafting bag access is dependant on finding a lucky token in a crate' yes.

Let there be no unpleasant surprises behind that hedge please. The fact there are elves there is quite enough for one day.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

This one is just concerned that they usually bring out Mr Pete for damage control. Has he ever been a dev? This one thought he had always worked on the PR side of things. Khajiit just does not want to hear anything along the lines of 'we are dropping ESO Plus and now crafting bag access is dependant on finding a lucky token in a crate' yes.

Let there be no unpleasant surprises behind that hedge please. The fact there are elves there is quite enough for one day.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    You're correct, checking wiki info seems he's always been Manual Writing & PR for them. I guess he said it as a "when we worked on Morrowind" It was a year ago, so my memory is bad.
    Hopefully his being there is more of a Bethesda show of support for another chapter and not a new change in business model, I know I joke about yearly changes in business model from ZOS but I'd rather that not be true!
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will this be streamed on Youtube as well? My internet isn't great, and while I can stream on Youtube at 1080p without issue, Twitch's video player stutters permanently even at the lowest settings. No idea why :neutral:
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's time to put on long pants
    It's time to tease boss fights
    It's time to move some hedges
    On ESO Live tonight!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

He is the Bethesda VP of Marketing and PR. It's in his job description to be a part of announcements like this. He announces the games. He is worth keeping an eye on since he knows all the games and schedules.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

He is the Bethesda VP of Marketing and PR. It's in his job description to be a part of announcements like this. He announces the games. He is worth keeping an eye on since he knows all the games and schedules.

Also he likes puppies - but Khajiit has mixed feelings about this!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad that we'll get jewelery crafting, but honestly I'd like to get spell crafting instead...
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭

Watching Morrowind's announcement, it was at Twitch Headquarters too, and with Kelly (wearing a Twitch hoodie, so, she works for twitch?), Rich and Uncle Pete.

[PC-NA] CP 1200+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    Is the stream over? I just got home from work but the link is dead.

It hasn't happened yet :) The stream will be tomorrow (March 21) at 4pm EDT.

Always slightly annoyed that you can't be bothered to give the time for time zones outside the US. Especially since there are EU servers and all.
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »

Always slightly annoyed that you can't be bothered to give the time for time zones outside the US. Especially since there are EU servers and all.

Select "4pm EDT" then right click on it and choose "Search Google for '4pm EDT'", Google will show you the time based on your location.
    [PC-NA] CP 1200+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highlor3 wrote: »
    Everstorm wrote: »

Select "4pm EDT" then right click on it and choose "Search Google for '4pm EDT'", Google will show you the time based on your location.

Yes, we know how to do that... *sigh* ... It's just a matter of respect for EU customers.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭

It's a darn good thing they traveled. ZoS HQ is closed due to snow today. I know they didn't know that would happen when they planned to do this from Twitch HQ, but hey, it worked out!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rich even got the pants out this time, didn't he?

Can confirm, there are pants accompanying us on this trip.
    *Expects them to be part of a giveaway, vice actually being worn.*

Though, I am slightly curious what the outfit gold cost was for the proposed look.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, to the important topics. This year's CGI trailer'd better have some shirtless Darien Gautier in it! :D
    Edited by VerboseQuips on March 21, 2018 7:47PM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the Stream seems to be going, but it's only a new Logo and a sound that sounds like a Dalek being tortured.

Edit: Okay, now the sound has resolved into music, which is much better than Dalek torture.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on March 21, 2018 7:56PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Under ten minutes to go!
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    Event though it was short. And my expectation for things were not there.

I truly enjoy that new reveal. So much content and I haven't even touch the core of this game yet.
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, the next chapter is....
    404 not found

Awesome, my favourite place in Tamriel :smile: I’m sure it’ll be fixed in the morning
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have an idea why when you try to preorder the Digital Collectors Edition and you're already an ESO Plus member it asks you to add an ESO Plus membership?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing announcement stream.

Thanks to everyone at ZOS for putting it together and the work done on Summerset.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea why when you try to preorder the Digital Collectors Edition and you're already an ESO Plus member it asks you to add an ESO Plus membership?

Probably for the same reason there's a big 'BUY NOW' button on the forum when you already own the game: nobody put in coding to check for that.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Less than twelve hours now! Hype! :grin:

I don't want to ruin the fun of people enjoying the "hype", but... what "hype" ?
    We already know that the new "chapter" will be about summerset isles.
    We already know that there will be a new guild (Psijic) with a new associated skill line
    We already know there will be jewelry crafting
    We already know there will NOT be spellcrafting
    And we can safely guess that there will be a new trial.

Unless they SHOW us tonight how the things will actually look like, and provide many details (which I doubt), there isn't much to "hype" for since we (regular, committed players) already know what Rich will announce.
    I will be hyped when the thing comes on PTS (hopefully next week). Not for tonight's announcement - which I'll watch anyway, but with low expectations.

You seem to "know" an awful lot on something that has yet to be confirmed. Are you likely right? I don't know! :trollface:

Well, you gotta admit that I was... quite right ;):*o:):D
  • Sortiarius
    Sortiarius
    Soul Shriven
    Is there any different perks for ordering the Summerset Physical Collector's Edition from different vendors?
    Edited by Sortiarius on March 22, 2018 1:14AM
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno If I preorder the physical Collector Edition in a retail store, I will receive the Nightmare Senche Mount too? Or it's only for digital preorders?
    Edited by santialonso on March 22, 2018 11:12AM
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the Architecture...
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PTS when? :D
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old