The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

is anyone else disappointed with the new zombie skin?

xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
✭✭✭
guess thats why they priced it at 100 gems and not 400 gems. zos knew it sucked too.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't find much wrong with it, it looked like a zombie.

Unless I've missed some issues with it somewhere.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    it just looks like scabs.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found it in the crates. Not sure what the price is, but I think it's well done.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually thought it was pretty good. I thought it provided a lot more value than the 400 gem skin from the last crates.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't see the point of skins because unless you run around nude or with one of the few costumes /armour that are skimpy, no one sees them. It was very lackluster.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been a better polymorph. It's a bit strange to look like a decaying zombie, but your gear looks brand new.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks awesome on my magblade!!!
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    either you guys have super low expectations or you dont have many skins.
    brown blotches doesn't = zombie skin.
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    It would have been a better polymorph. It's a bit strange to look like a decaying zombie, but your gear looks brand new.

if it was a polymorph maybe zos could've done more/better.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like zombie to me, especially with zombie personality. Ugly as oblivion yes, but it meant to be like that.
    PC/EU
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a zombie so I guess it fulfills its purpose but I wish there were "less ugly" skins.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it looks great.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skin is making you zombie and its done well.
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    This is purely a personal opinion thing, but I like it. It’s goal was to make you look like a zombie and it achieves that. Quite well, I might add.
    You also need to remember that the appearance of zombies varies greatly across almost every form of media. Movies do it differently to games. Games do it differently to tv shows.
    For a skin in a game, I think ZOS did a good job. It’s also nice to see a different approach to how a zombie looks.
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are styles and costumes which look the part (Soul Shriven) that can be used with it though.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭

That's what I was thinking.

Maybe a "Rotting" or "Grave Armor" motif that looks distressed and disheveled and piecemeal would be cool.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it but I there are a few points I would improve. The skin does not go all the way around the head, it kind of cuts off abruptly and doesn't look good when you have no hair or helm. Secondly, the decomposition on the legs and arms are mirrored copies of each other which looks strange. They should have done what they did with the zombie horse, and have one side vastly different from the other. Its one of the few mounts that is not symmetrical.

That's what I was thinking.

Maybe a "Rotting" or "Grave Armor" motif that looks distressed and disheveled and piecemeal would be cool.

You could try the soul shriven motif armour, or even the lich set. Both look good with this skin.

Edited by TheTwistedRune on March 19, 2018 1:46PM
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭

Well, it makes my character look dead, so no it looks fine.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was kinda creeped out by it.

a36.jpg
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo it looks good enough at least way better then the flame atro skin, also it fits well with soulshriven or draugr motif also could work well with the Fang Lair motif (at least when they will release that)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a sucker for skins I was excited for it when it was datamined. Then realized it was in the crates and felt disappointed. Then realized it's actually only 100 gems which happens to make it within my grasp if I wish to buy it. Except that since I've been stuck playing on low settings with 720p it just looks like someone smeared some chocolate on the character. I'll have to get my game on high/ultra again before I decide whether it's truly worth it or not.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @klowdy1
    Barbaric Jack is a good contender (on female model at least) but the side-flaps just float, Mercenary Epaulets kinda works with it. Can't really find leg armor that appears decayed, and Barbaric Gloves kinda looks like tattered bandages.
    Qy7frBX.png
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on March 19, 2018 2:46PM
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    if a zos employee served you guys a plate of deep fried feces you'd say "this is delicious can i have some more"
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    face area should be darker,rest is fine and looks very nice
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was one of the people who did not like it, and i'm all for gory skins but...it was not gory enough, I was hoping for a chunk out of the arm, perhaps some bone showing ect, not sure how they would of done it but it did look a bit..off... like the scabs/raw skin was just painted on.. like face paint.. maybe i need to look at it again, but that was my first impression.

(just gonna stick in brackets here that this is my opinion on it....)
    Edited by AnviOfVai on March 20, 2018 12:23PM
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm disappointed that you are disappointed. It is very disappointing.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't decide if the zombie skin is more like The Walking Dead or the original Night of the Living Dead.
    Ehh...maybe Thriller zombie.

I'll pass
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    its Amazing

DYm1hzR.png
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if a zos employee served you guys a plate of deep fried feces you'd say "this is delicious can i have some more"
    People don't agree with you so you turn to this? Why not explain what you don't like and how you think it could be improved, challenge people on the parts they feel are good and you didn't.
  • Adambaker25
    Adambaker25
    ✭✭
    I liked the new zombie skin. I think its well done :)
    [PS4/EU] CP 1088
    Dixie Normous MagBlade PvE [The Flawless Conqueror] DC
    Jab-Jab Binks MagPlar/Mastercrafter PvE [The Flawless Conqueror] EP
    Power Surge StamSorc PvE [The Flawless Conqueror] AD
    Black Panther StamSorc PvP AD
    High Voltage MagSorc PvE [The Flawless Conqueror] EP
    Tank Me Daddy MagDK PvE [Voice of Reason/Divayth Fry's Coadjutor] AD
    Xenon MagSorc PvP [Former Emperor] AD
    Tabella MagBlade PvE AD
    Xanthos StamDK PvP AD
    Subzero MagDen PvE AD
    Morning Glory StamBlade PvP AD