The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamplar DW/2h Optimal Setup

Æterny
Æterny
✭✭
So, im new to the game and i really enjoy doing a lot of research before investing several hours on something and figure later that wasn't quite what expected. I have done a ton of research about this subject, but there are so many outdated guides, and controversial opinions about what i have in mind, so im here to ask veteran players updated clarification about the following:

Main goal of the Build Bleed Opponents out and don't get 1 shotted before it happens, don't starve on resources. And if possible have some burst (wich Power of the Light is all About right?). And as im new and play on random/weird day/night times will be mostly solo Play.

1 - What is optimal to keep as the main bar for damage dealing? The Two hander or the Dual Wield? I had this in mind:

Front 2h
-Forward Momentum (Mandatory Skill, for root/snare removal and Major Brutality)
-Resolving Vigor (The only decent heal for Stamina classes now right?)
-Power of The light (Think that this is what stamplar is all about)
-Bitting Jabs (spam and Savagery)
-Brawler (Is is that Strong?)
-Dawnbreaker of Smiting (The only CC, and big damage)

Back DW
-Quick Cloak (Movement Speed, and since Most hard hitting skills are AoE like Reverse Slash, Dragon Leap, Subterrain Assault, Dawnbreaker, the 25% Mitigation seems pretty nice
-Extended Ritual (Cleanse)
-Restoring Focus (Survivability)
-Repentance (I don't see the point of this skill on PvP yet, but since 100% of the guides recommend it, here it is)
-Rending Slashes (The Focus of the Build)
-Werewolf Ult (Just for the Stamina Passive)

So, doubts here are:
-Should i remove anything for Reverse Slash execute?
-Is it better to use DW or 2h for Bitting jabs spam?
-Am i missing something?

2-Is it mandatory to wear 5 Heavy Armor, or can i get away with 5 Medium?

3-In order to apply the DW Bleeds, some ppl say that 2 Axes is a waste and will refresh the bleed before dealing its damage and using Axe+Dagger for the crit. Other say that its fine and ensures that the bleed is applied as soon as possible.

4-Does the brawler, Rending Slashes, 2h Axe and Dual Wield Bleeds stack?

5-Last thing is about gearing

-One thing is certain: 2 master weapons for DW, one of them the Axe.
-About the 2h: is The master Axe a good damage increase for brawler, is it worth?
-I don't get the infused buff for all the bars yet, could use some help on the enchants for this setup.

-Monster set: as i will be doing mostly solo play, troll king seems to be the optimal choice

-3 Agility jewels (?)

-5 Piece: Is it better to aim survival with Fortified Brass set, Damage with proc sets like Ravager, or something reliable as Automaton?

Thats a lot, i know. But i really hate wasting time/money/hope and by poor setups misjudge something that could be good with proper setup. Would appreciate further tips and information about anything you deem important to know. And i hope the information here can help other players with the same or similar doubts.

Thank you all in advance!
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go something like 2 Troll King or 2 Bloodspawn, 5 Medium Fortified Brass or 5 Impregnable on Body, and 3 Automaton Jewelry + 2 Automaton weapons.(Axe/Dagger probably. One nirn w/ disease enchant, the other with infused weapon damage enchant) with either an Asylum 2h on the back bar (if you REALLY want to run execute, which you don't need) or just an Automaton 2h for a 4 piece set bonus with double damage poisons on the back bar.
    You should be using Biting Jabs with your DW bar, even though jabs doesn't proc axe bleed.
    Front bar should look something like: Biting Jabs, Vigor, Rending Slashes, (Filler: Recommend Quick Cloak, Deadly Cloak, or Power of the Light), (Filler: Recommend Blinding Javelin), Dawnbreaker of Smiting
    On your 2h bar, run something like: Extended Ritual, Rally, Filler (Recommend Repentance or Power of the Light), Shuffle, either Channeled Focus or Restoring Focus depending on your preference, and ult can be something like Remembrance, Crescent Sweep, or just slot Werewolf.

2H axe bleed, DW axe bleed, and Rending Slash Bleed all stack.
    Edited by Yiko on March 19, 2018 8:19AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I Would go for master dw-agility-asylum 2h

and something like medium impreg on the body.

Add slimecraw on top.

I know I suck at making templar builds :D
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master or Asylum weapons as a solo player ? Good luck with that :D
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much everything Yiko said.

You have the skills right but the bars wrong, DW offers more potential weapon damage than 2h, thus your jabs and dawnbreaker will do more damage there.

Carve is a pretty lackluster bleed but the ult gen has merit. I like it on stamdk for proccing poisons and 2h passive bleed but templar has better skills to run imo. I run javelin in its place.
    I like to backbar potl so you light attack -> potl and get all those bleeds ticking.

The 5pc..will come down to the style of play you make for yourself. Some days I love ravager, some days I need crest+auto. I can't even count how many different sets I've run on stamplar.

I think brass and auto would be a good starting point, running shuffle and quick cloak with tri pots you'll be incredibly tanky.

Whichever the build, takes practice, timing and patience before you find success. Master that then get weird with build ideas.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Æterny
    Æterny
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the help everyone. I was able to have some extra insights from some streamers, specially Bislobo on Twitch too.
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    I feel ya, OP. I've tested a variety of builds trying not to succumb to what's meta. My conclusion? I went meta...

There are 2 BIS routes as far as I can see and both use jabs In the DW front bar so that you can complete te 5th piece set.

I use bone pirate/ravager/troll king. 5 heavy 2 medium.

In general, I suggest a simplistic rotation. Try different combos and see what works and feels smooth and gets kills.

Brawler sucks w/o master 2h imo; just try it for yourself. Repentance is money for stam/health regen once you start getting kills. Twin slash is money and coupled with jabs+dawnreaker is your bread and butter. PoL is good against tanks but I don't use it; you'll easily be able to kill w/o it.

I use nirnhoned, disease enchant axe main and infused berserk dagger offhand. Yes, this can also be an axe if you want more reliable bleed but the extra crit is nice for burst and healing.

The other route is 5medium/2heavy fortified brass and automation (other possibilities may exist I just don't know them) I have no experience with this I've only seen it. If you like taking damage face to face go heavy. If you like higher damage but a more dodgy style (which can be very effective) go medium.

This is just my opinion and I'm sure there can be other affective builds, but bone pirate is still most legit.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DosPanchos wrote: »

I use nirnhoned, disease enchant axe main and infused berserk dagger offhand. Yes, this can also be an axe if you want more reliable bleed but the extra crit is nice for burst and healing.

Don't do double axes. The bleed takes 2s before it does damage, your second axe can refresh that bleed causing another 2s delay before damage is done to the target. I flip between maces and daggers.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    DosPanchos wrote: »

Don't do double axes. The bleed takes 2s before it does damage, your second axe can refresh that bleed causing another 2s delay before damage is done to the target. I flip between maces and daggers.

You're right. The bleed proc from axes only refreshes itself causing a loss of dps with double axes, but damn that bleed is strong!
  • lionofjudah7
    lionofjudah7
    ✭✭✭
    Bone pirate ravager bloodspawn

Hulking ravager bloodspawn

After that its time spent
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bone pirate ravager bloodspawn

Hulking ravager bloodspawn

After that its time spent