The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Miss, miss, miss...

Savos_Saren
Savos_Saren
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Why is it that my undodgable Leaps and Chains keep missing nightblades? I keep seeing "miss" pop up on the screen. What causes a "miss" vs a "dodge"? Are there that many NBs running Meridia's Blessed Armor?
Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
Savos Saren
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be from the passive dodge on mirage/shuffle, rather than actively dodging
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought I usually see 'miss' when they go invisible as opposed to dodging.

I don't think you should be able to cause the 2nd and 3rd ticks to miss if you are hit for 8k by a cold fire ballista. Fair enough if I 'miss' you with the initial damage but once hit, you should stay hit.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's cloak. If they cloak as you use the ability, it counts as a miss.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    It's cloak. If they cloak as you use the ability, it counts as a miss.

What's even more broken is, even if they are revealed with detection, it still counts as a miss.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is irritating when undodgeable ults get missed. Ults if anything should function like meteor where you cannot basically miss even when cloaked. Ults like leap is just wasted almost everytime because of "miss".
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is just ridiculous at this point. I can't gap close to Snipe spamming NBs. I can't tag them with Burning Embers or Power Lash. I can't Leap at them. My Volatile Armor doesn't pull them out of cloak.

What's the point of a DoT based build if we can't reveal NBs who can practically kill us in a quick combo? Aren't AOEs supposed to reveal hidden players?

#WHERESTHE[snip]INGBALANCE?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait you can Cloak leap? When did this happen?
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've had many Leaps where "miss" keeps popping up on the screen. Not only that- but when a ganker starts popping you with snipe or hits you with Incapacitating Strike- they immediately cloak... which means you can't target them for a Leap. I can't count how many times I've gotten hit with Incap Strike or Surprise Attack/Concealed Weapon and immediately I've hit Volatile Armor... and it still doesn't pull the NB out of cloak.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had many Leaps where "miss" keeps popping up on the screen. Not only that- but when a ganker starts popping you with snipe or hits you with Incapacitating Strike- they immediately cloak... which means you can't target them for a Leap. I can't count how many times I've gotten hit with Incap Strike or Surprise Attack/Concealed Weapon and immediately I've hit Volatile Armor... and it still doesn't pull the NB out of cloak.

Yep. I noticed this as well. It often leaves me trying to hold the block up because that is all I can do right after surviving the attempt at instagibbing. Until they just do it again. Reflect? A good joke. Expensive skill and won't even hit them back. Somehow gap closer work? They just cloak as I am pulled to them. So, they can basically turn any other classes not NB into fish in barrel for shooting if they wish. Anyways, the point is, it is a wasted ult even when the target is detected.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

leap usually does no damage if the target cloaks right before the leap lands, or outruns it.
    Its not supposed to do that, same as noxious breath, but those skills still miss for some reason.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 19, 2018 2:38AM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - can someone please look into this?

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nightblades are just broken at this stupid point. stop complaining and reroll nightblade until everyone is a nightblade in cyro and we all just cloak around :D
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nightblades are just broken at this stupid point. stop complaining and reroll nightblade until everyone is a nightblade in cyro and we all just cloak around :D

I actually have one... but I also try to press for balance, too. :o

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed if your fighting a nightblade npc and they use their heavy attack while cloaked you can't hit them at all i know their there
    Edited by Sawzallz on March 19, 2018 3:09PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloak is very challenging, when it’s not countered it’s the most OP thing in the game, when even 1 person counters it then it becomes almost useless
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invisibility mechanic has a invulnerability window after activation (around 1 second) where all damage seems to "miss".

I use invisibility pots on my stamsorc against big burst combos to this effect.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just ridiculous at this point. I can't gap close to Snipe spamming NBs. I can't tag them with Burning Embers or Power Lash. I can't Leap at them. My Volatile Armor doesn't pull them out of cloak.

What's the point of a DoT based build if we can't reveal NBs who can practically kill us in a quick combo? Aren't AOEs supposed to reveal hidden players?

You do know that DoT builds don’t work on Templars and anyone with purge right? Your AoE has to land to hit if you spam it when they are out of range you do nothing but waste resources.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side note really sick of people stay saying “Nightblades” Cloak is the single most counted ability in the game 4 years in this horse is beyond die.

Anyone in medium armor can slot the miss chance power from Shuffle. So it’s not a unique Nightblade thing.

For the King of Argonia
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Invisibility mechanic has a invulnerability window after activation (around 1 second) where all damage seems to "miss".

Your potion has a 45 seconds cooldown, as we recently encountered in cyrodiil, I was able to just use volatile armor once to put you out of invisibility.

But a nightblade built for cloak in mind will be able to repeat spamming it countless times, difference here is that We Dks don't have that good of utility skills to justify building magicka regen, and an invis potion has a very ,very long cooldown.

On top of this survivability they also get guaranteed crit heals+crit hits, which is just too much.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 20, 2018 7:49PM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Side note really sick of people stay saying “Nightblades” Cloak is the single most counted ability in the game 4 years in this horse is beyond die.

Anyone in medium armor can slot the miss chance power from Shuffle. So it’s not a unique Nightblade thing.

You are correct. However, the combination of Shuffle/Mirage, Invis Pots, Cloak, and Shadow Image put NBs under the microscope for "untouchable builds".

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are correct. However, the combination of Shuffle/Mirage, Invis Pots, Cloak, and Shadow Image put NBs under the microscope for "untouchable builds".

That’s three slots needed to run away when every other class can use two shield and fight while defending themselves.

Aznox wrote: »

Your potion has a 45 seconds cooldown, as we recently encountered in cyrodiil, I was able to just use volatile armor once to put you out of invisibility.

But a nightblade built for cloak in mind will be able to repeat spamming it countless times, difference here is that We Dks don't have that good of utility skills to justify building magicka regen, and an invis potion has a very ,very long cooldown.

On top of this survivability they also get guaranteed crit heals+crit hits, which is just too much.

No one builds around Cloak hell most magic builds use the light armor shield in place of cloak and just kill you will mad DPS. No StamBlade can build around cloak cause your DPS would drop through the floor.

To your point on crit with 5 inpen still the norm plus CP crit resistance and they fact that 50-60% is most builds base line it’s not like you will be criting more then normal. Hell Surge is a great heal cause you heal for every crit with Lightning Form/Hurricane and just normal Attacks you just need one HoT to stay alive so let’s not even go there.

For the King of Argonia
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

shuffle does something different and the effect is called dogde (thats why there are undodgeable abilities to begin with), please try to read above posts. The difference is explained in detail.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You could relfect the snipe?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »

shuffle does something different and the effect is called dogde (thats why there are undodgeable abilities to begin with), please try to read above posts. The difference is explained in detail.

The miss, miss, miss is just for any projectile in the air and any DoTs on the cloaked player. Hell this version of Cloak is very DoT build friendly the old Dark Cloak removed four DoTs this new Cloak just surpress the damage so you would have to cloak 100% of its duration to avoid the damage.

Honestly it was changed to be better for DoT builds to fight Nightblades. If they use Shadow Cloak to cloak and attack they maybe get one DoT tick miss so you guys really can’t have it both ways.

1) You DoT them they cloak and stay cloaked. They take of damage from the DoTs but are not attacking to stay in cloak.

2) You DoT them they cloak with Shadowy Cloak and attack for the 100% crit they get the very next DoT tick and use 3.5k to recloak plus cost of the attack. You can do it a few times but at some point regen will cost you damage.

You can have one you can’t have both.

For the King of Argonia
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That doesn’t solve the issue that you can’t pull the NB out of cloak using out AOE DoT- now does it?

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So busy counter bad info I didn’t even register that he’s a Dragon Knight.

For the King of Argonia
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That doesn’t solve the issue that you can’t pull the NB out of cloak using out AOE DoT- now does it?

This is disinformation you are not hitting them to begin with. If an AoE hits you while I’m Cloak you take damage and are pulled out if you don’t get hit nothing happens. This is the same for instant, DoT & instant damage + a DoT AoEs.

For the King of Argonia
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pray god and die.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is a bug
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Combine it with broken skill lethal arrow. We can play hide and seek in cyrodil. Lot of fun. :D
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 22, 2018 1:48AM