The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crystal Blast vs. Crystal Frags after CC change

OrdoHermetica
OrdoHermetica
✭✭✭✭✭
So... I know that Crystal Frags remains the best overall morph. But with the stun moved over to Crystal Blast instead, has anyone actually had any luck with using Crystal Blast in PvP? It does seem like it'd be at least situationally useful now, especially when fighting zergs, but I haven't experimented.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can slot Destructive Clench/Reach and have an on demand CC that doesn't rely on proc.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Or you can slot Destructive Clench/Reach and have an on demand CC that doesn't rely on proc.

How does Crystal Blast rely on proc? It's a guaranteed 2 second stun + AoE. There's no random chance for Blast, unlike Frags. Though, granted, yeah - Clench has no cast time, so that's a huge advantage.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How does Crystal Blast rely on proc? It's a guaranteed 2 second stun + AoE. There's no random chance for Blast, unlike Frags. Though, granted, yeah - Clench has no cast time, so that's a huge advantage.

My bad, of course I meant cast-time. Got lost in thought somewhere in the middle of typing the post down.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My bad, of course I meant cast-time. Got lost in thought somewhere in the middle of typing the post down.

Happens to all of us, lol. No worries.

I'm really just trying to see a silver lining to this morph. I know that's probably an exercise in futility, but still. Maybe it's valid if you're not using a destro staff for some reason? S+B magsorc?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's used in Overload one shot builds.

Crystal Blast->Overload LA->Overload LA

Since Blast has a different travel time than Frags, with that rotation & right distance it allows you to land it shortly after the first Overload LA lands & stuns target, making it likely the 2nd Overload LA also lands and finishes target off.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Since Blast has a different travel time than Frags, with that rotation & right distance it allows you to land it shortly after the first Overload LA lands & stuns target, making it likely the 2nd Overload LA also lands and finishes target off.

And there we have it! The silver lining! I almost want to figure out an Overload build just so I can actually use it effectively.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

And there we have it! The silver lining! I almost want to figure out an Overload build just so I can actually use it effectively.

@Blobsky made one a while ago:
    https://youtu.be/x6QY_B-PKNY