The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do really need Geodes in campaign rewards as well?

Goshua
Goshua
✭✭✭✭
Short poll.

1) NO
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Short and biased. Well done opening this ''discussion''
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2) YES
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh? Yes. If anything they the better place as I know end of campaign I can stock up

What possible problem can you have getting 50 crystals end of campaign? On the other hand hoarding ROTW is admin faff and mail storage.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would cautiously agree if they didn't take away guaranteed daily geode per TOON.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Huh? Yes. If anything they the better place as I know end of campaign I can stock up

What possible problem can you have getting 50 crystals end of campaign? On the other hand hoarding ROTW is admin faff and mail storage.

because i crafted my gear about 2 year back and with the traits and style i wwanted
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »

because i crafted my gear about 2 year back and with the traits and style i wwanted

Well, some of us (read: almost all of us) aren’t wearing crafted gear we made two years ago because dropped gear is better in most circumstances.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed the thread title for you.

“Do we really need this thread to be made”

Short poll.

1) NO
    Edited by Parrot1986 on March 18, 2018 8:09PM
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    :'(

• Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. We just need ways of moving geodes across characters. The currency is account wide, I don't see why it would be a bad thing that we could swap them to mule characters or store them in the bank.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jadokis wrote: »
    Yes. We just need ways of moving geodes across characters. The currency is account wide, I don't see why it would be a bad thing that we could swap them to mule characters or store them in the bank.

That would remove an incentive for ESO plus.
  • Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭

Not really. Myself and others have ESO plus and are inventories are full of geodes. Only way is to not open any mail and then only open on a mule character. And what's the point of having extra bank space if I can't use it.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. Myself and others have ESO plus and are inventories are full of geodes. Only way is to not open any mail and then only open on a mule character. And what's the point of having extra bank space if I can't use it.

It still removes an incentive for many people, though maybe not for you specifically.

ZOS' current business model revolves around gimping their own game systems and selling the full functionality to you through a subscription and microtransactions. In the case of your situation they're more likely to allow more stones to be banked for subs or sell stone inventory as a crown store item, rather than allowing people to transfer geodes to a mule.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS' current business model revolves around gimping their own game systems and selling the full functionality to you through a subscription and microtransactions. In the case of your situation they're more likely to allow more stones to be banked for subs or sell stone inventory as a crown store item, rather than allowing people to transfer geodes to a mule.

someones bitter. by gimping you mean less xp and gold etc for freeloaders? the same as other mmo's which have optional subscriptions? and what microtransactions provide full functionality? do enlighten us
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may not need it but I am sure most of us do. You can always trash them if you don't need them. I see no problems and I like geodes.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still the quickest way to get them and not everyone wants to leave PVP to go and get them in PVE. As has been said, if you are getting too many, delete them.

I think it is a bonus that people do not have to change what they normally do to actually get them. They could have forced everyone to do PVP or PVE to get them instead of making them available in both.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. It's worth getting 100 crystals out of a lot of pvp in a 30-day campaign.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    someones bitter.
    Apparently, lol.
    by gimping you mean less xp and gold etc for freeloaders?
    No, but thanks for sharing your feelings? I'm unsure why describing a microtransaction model offends you.
    the same as other mmo's which have optional subscriptions?
    This isn't an argument.
    and what microtransactions provide full functionality? do enlighten us
    Examples of systems specifically limited to incentivize microtransactions/subs include inventory space in general, transmutation stones, and outfit slots. You wouldn't see these things limited in the way that they are in a sub game for example, where you would be more likely to see inventory increased relative to typical need for space, rather than sold through craft bags, storage coffers, etc. They're intentionally limited for the purpose of sustaining a microtransaction/sub model, as I described earlier.

Edited by ssewallb14_ESO on March 19, 2018 5:58AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Goshua would you mind explaining the reason for having a topic like this?

Even if only 20% of the people find them useful - why would you want to remove them? They have no impact on economy as it´s an account bound currency.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of person complains about this. ESO players really will complain about anything. Must be a salty PvE purists
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I literally can not fathom why this is a problem. Do you ask your boss to make less money too?
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burrhus Skinner says players have to be stimulated with rewards all the time. And the Monetization Department agrees, the more garbage in inventory, the better ESO plus sells.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes :-)

Give people incentives to PVP :)
  • ajcorbell
    ajcorbell
    ✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »

Short poll.

1) NO

QFT
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a silly question! Of course we do!
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    well shizz, make them purchasable for AP.

Not only have we been asking for decent rewards we've also wanted something useful to spend AP on.
    I don't get it how much gear with the wrong trait do people actually have? lmao

I can turn off auto loot so I don't have to pick through the useless pve crap you get that clutters bag space yet I should be happy that I have to not only open 100's of things I then have the joy of having to delete them one by one? So rewarding..

The fact they don't stack and you have a usable 200 limit makes no sense.

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »

Short poll.

1) NO

Well played.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »

So just delete then like anything else you dont need in this game?

I assume with your sorted gear in mind you also decon or sell or dropped armour, delete or sell all mats you collect etc etc. So it's the same.

Whereas the majority of the rest of us need to change traits on things especially Maelstrom weapons or asylum weopons, trials armour etc.

It's great that you can run crafted gear from two years ago, honestly, especially with all the huge trait and mundus stone changes last year and new sets added etc

But I still dont see why you are singling out end of campaign rewards as an issue? Surely the ROTW crystals also are pointless, and any you get from dungeons or any source. In short transmute crystalsin general are not needed - for you.

Sorry @Goshua the context of your thread is odd that's all
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should stop playing games if something like that triggers you.
    The outside can be a nice place too, depending on where you live, you might actualy get fresh air.
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt