Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The worst place for daily writs

Narvuntien
Narvuntien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since the change to allow you to drop of your writs wherever you like there were plenty of threads about where is best but I know I just do my writs wherever my character happens to be at the time and have done them in a bunch of locations. So where of the locations with drop off points do you think is the worst place to do writs? and with the worst city lay outs for connvience
Edited by Narvuntien on March 18, 2018 3:40PM

The worst place for daily writs 72 votes

Vulkel Gaurd
4%
JKorrwolfie1.0.Eatmyface 3 votes
Elden Root
30%
GlassHalfFullkkravaritieb17_ESOhondelinkkip_silverwolfAuricleNolaArchReverbLarianacjhhickman39AdomankivaannJierdanitAlamakotLatoniaStinkyremyApache_KidI_B_SquishyVonNelsonBortusJobooAGS 22 votes
Marbruk
1%
Yukon2112 1 vote
Daggerfall
6%
Inklingsssewallb14_ESOFerrumnCutemgabriebeGaelicCat 5 votes
Wayrest
31%
driosketchtheskymovesheledironCaffeinatedMayhemJayne_DoeTarukmocktoEasily_Lostcode65536RebornV3xTruthsnarkXDark_One13disintegr8TyavariNidroMorgul667LuthidHippie4927kringled_1Slick_007kiyoshigawa 23 votes
Sentinal
1%
Meryyl 1 vote
Evermore
6%
Nestoranitajoneb17_ESOMilwaukeeScottNarvuntienArdan147 5 votes
Windhelm
1%
YamiKuruku 1 vote
Hollow City
2%
ofSunholdKumbiya 2 votes
Orisinium
12%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOKanarAlnilamEShadow_AkulaMajesticHarukiphileunderx2eso_nyaAthan1Sunegami 9 votes
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elden Root
    i noticed the devs designed the game so you spend a lot of time running all over the map for menial tasks. I do an excessive amount of traveling to complete simple tasks. I was thinking about that doing the DB contracts. get the contract, transition out of sanct. go to way shrine, port, go to circle, run around in circles until you get a name, hunt for target, wait 5 minutes for target to get in a location that you dont aggro the whole city, kill target, run back to wayshrine, port to gold coast, run to sanct. turn in, get crap loot and whole 5 guild points.

Absolutely ridiculous amount of effort for trash and 5 points. And a lot of tasks are like that in this game.

I do my writs in VH. I hit the equip. board, do woodworking, go back down, do smith, do cloth, hit consumables board, do enchant and alchemy, run down to inn, do provisioning, run around back of inn to turn in. I can do all writs and turn in, in less than 5 minutes.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elden Root
    Wayrest and Elden Root are almost equally terrible, but the irritating process of navigating the big tree gives ER the edge.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wayrest
    I've done writs in almost every one of these towns. The largest issue with most of these is the distance from craft area to drop off. Some of them have shortcuts and most of them have craft stations near writ boards or along the way to the drop off.

Take Eldenroot for example. The banks, 5 craft stations, and both writ boards are in a big circle on the second floor. The cooking fire is on the ground landing to the left, and you can mount from there to the drop off. Additionally, guild dailies, undanted, guild stores, respect shrines, stables, and outlaw refuges are not too out of the way from this path or the centrally located wayshrine even if they are spread out.

Now compare this to Wayrest. Writ boards are across town from one another, you can't even see one's blue marker from the other. You might even waste time heading for a guild daily by mistake, or ride off a ledge. Woodworking is also tucked away in stable elsewhere, and even if you can manage to navigate the twisting streets of Wayrest, it might be faster to take a wayshrine port because the dropoff is that far away.
    Edited by driosketch on March 18, 2018 5:07PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst place isn’t in the poll.

You can pick up in Abah’s Landing ... but you have to drop off in entirely another zone.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wayrest
    I would say the Glenumbra comes in a close second - writ pickups near bank, smith and enchanter,. The woodworker is at least on the way to the drop off, which is at the other end of town at the docks.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayrest
    I should have said Eldenroot but I never go there but Wayrest is bad too
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wayrest
    Of the ones I've tried (basically the top half) Wayrest by a mile. Twisting paths to navigate between all crafting stations, lots of knots of npcs that block movement. It feels like far more of a city than Elden Root, but for writ convenience Elden Root is far easier to navigate.
  • Vifen
    Vifen
    ✭✭✭
    Elden Root is pretty good, everything is on the same floor so no loading screens. Of all AD stations it's the best.

Edit: after reading the responses I decided to travel the world and it opened my eyes, Elden Root is actually not this good.
    Edited by Vifen on April 12, 2018 3:47PM
    PC EU

G Strongarm - 50 sorc
    Vifen Ah - 50 dk crafter
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayrest
    Hall of shame:
    I tried once in Wayrest and got lost just trying to find the bloody tables. Stations are where? And nearest return point was finally found in Mournhold, to where my terrified young crafter escaped. Clear winner.

Elden Root had everything close but ........... door ......???........???? ..........stables ............ return .......... back ....... door ..........

In Vulkhel Guard i kept singing Circe of Life from Lion King movie because for a young crafter it was a circle of life: Tables, stations,murder,return,stables,bank,merchant.

Daggerfall: what a wonderful place for crafting but not if zero hoors speed.

Coldharbour: another circle of life, so depressing atmosphere, oh there's a flower, and another, and another one,....
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reaper's is best by far. Both boards are very close to their respective tables, and the drop off is just down by the river.

Worst? Glenumbra for sure, the docks are ridic. So glad they went to the anywhere drop off. I hated having to city hop based on writ level lol.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never been in Vulkel Gaurd, Sentinal or Orisinium, so I couldn't vote.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wayrest
    Put me on the Wayrest bandwagon. Someone dropped the ball when laying things out because nothing is close together. It makes my horse tired just thinking about dropping the writs off and you can't even take the wayshrine to a closer drop off because it is 6 miles in the other direction. Of course that is after you have ridden around half the city just to craft your items. I'll use Vvardenfell to make my life easier, thank you.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orisinium
    Door to clothier, door to smith and workbench, door to enchanter, door to bank (for food) and than dropoff on the furthest away point on the opposite side of the map.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Evermore
    I've never been in Vulkel Gaurd, Sentinal or Orisinium, so I couldn't vote.

Dno't be a jrek you konw waht I maen, jsut bucaese A cluope of lrtetes are rvesreerd dones't cghane the wrod
  • Diora
    Diora
    ✭✭✭
    Vifen wrote: »
    Elden Root is pretty good, everything is on the same floor so no loading screens. Of all AD stations it's the best.

Um, no. Rawl'kha is the best in AD, and it isn't even close.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Diora

How dare you steal and share my opinion lol......
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    Elden Root
    Never tried doing writs in Eldon Root but I hate and avoid that place so much, it's my choice.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orisinium
    Now that I see the list I realize how Vivec saved the community
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A rider question: How are your preferences swayed by how crowded the stations get? Do you prefer a location where there's more room around them, rather than having the stations tucked in a corner, where everyone's twilight gets in the way?

I started to develop a real hate for Daggerfall, when someone's banker assistant managed to totally block the only doorway to the woodworking. They're NPC's, so they really do block. Nobody could get in or out of the place until the controlling character moved.

The reason I ask is that some of the spread-out locations avoid that problem, but the clustered ones have it. You may be trading a short run against access to the stations.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    VC is good too, since i makes my living stealing there anyway lol....
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Evermore
    I really like Elden Root but i am clearly a minority. I run up the ramp to pick up the writs then do I loop for the crafting tables then down the stairs and on my horse to hand them in. It is only the very last part of the process that is a pain.

Compare to Wayrest where to do the provisioning Writs I have to go to the opposite side of the city to pick it up then travel across to the Inn to craft it then to the writ put in location.

I chose Evermore because I get lost in Evermore more than I do in Wayrest... I keep running out the gate and then remembering that the writ hand in is at the docks. :s.

But I shouldn't dissuade you from using Evermore.. because my guilds trader is there atm :P.
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evermore
    Evermore has to be the worst city to try to find anything, with the exception of Abah's Landing. Elden Root would be fine, if only you could ride your horse on the second level of the tree. Though for me, if I'm not already in Mournhold or Rawl'kha, 99% of the time I go to Mournhold to do the writs.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Windhelm
    Windhelm is kinda annoying

I'm not that often in Wayrest anymore tbh xD
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    Vivec City on Xbox/EU for me, game crashes nearly every single time I use any crafting table in that place regardless if it's for the Writs or not. It's been going on for months and I have got to the point of selling my stuff in VC instead of maybe deconstructing it for parts because of the crash issue.
    I still do most of my Writs in Belkarth or very occasionally Daggerfall.
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Elden Root
    Elden Root wrecks me. It’s beautiful but such a pain in the ass. I’m happy I no longer have to spend so much time in belkarth and love mournhold - I just wish there was a cooking fire beside the enchanting table
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orisinium
    I voted Orsinium because I had blocked Elden Root out of my mind...

Davon's Watch is not too great either.

How do you get out of the tree and to the delivery place without a load screen?

Put me on the Wayrest bandwagon. Someone dropped the ball when laying things out because nothing is close together. It makes my horse tired just thinking about dropping the writs off and you can't even take the wayshrine to a closer drop off because it is 6 miles in the other direction. Of course that is after you have ridden around half the city just to craft your items. I'll use Vvardenfell to make my life easier, thank you.

I have long maintained that whoever designed the DC cities hated crafters. Shornhelm is the best of the lot, and only convenient for Equipment Writs.

My favourite places are Mournhold, Belkarth and now Vivec City
    The Moot Councillor
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wayrest
    Vivec City on Xbox/EU for me, game crashes nearly every single time I use any crafting table in that place regardless if it's for the Writs or not. It's been going on for months and I have got to the point of selling my stuff in VC instead of maybe deconstructing it for parts because of the crash issue.
    I still do most of my Writs in Belkarth or very occasionally Daggerfall.

Off topic, but an SSD solved all my woes in Vivec City. I'm XB NA, and would pretty much be guaranteed at least one crash when trying to use a crafting station. Since I got an SSD, no problems in Vivec City or Hew's Bane, which was another problematic city for me.

On topic, I've always hated Wayrest and was so glad when I could get some of my characters out of there and to Mournhold. That's where I do the majority of my writs, with VC a close second. It just depends on where my characters are or which city I feel like going to that day.

Rawl'kha (sp?) is really laid out well, but it has one less trader than Mournhold and doesn't have the master writ vendors or the guild dailies. So, I don't have much reason to go there, since Mournhold is still pretty convenient and has all the things I access daily.
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe an SSD?
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wayrest
    You might want to have a doctor check that for you I hear some of them can be nasty.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wayrest
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I voted Orsinium because I had blocked Elden Root out of my mind...

Davon's Watch is not too great either.

How do you get out of the tree and to the delivery place without a load screen?

I have long maintained that whoever designed the DC cities hated crafters. Shornhelm is the best of the lot, and only convenient for Equipment Writs.

My favourite places are Mournhold, Belkarth and now Vivec City

I'll grant you that I have to go through a load screen in Elden Root to deliver and get to the cooking fire.
    But I don't have to go through any load screens to go between all other crafting tables and a full-service banker - maybe not always the most useful for writs per se but if you're doing writs and some inventory management at the same time I find it nice. Your other locations are good for writs but Mournhold and Belkarth don't have as easy bank access.