The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dyes are very washed out on Camlorn Hats.

Karius_Imalthar
Karius_Imalthar
✭✭✭✭✭
The Camlorn hats barely take any dye. I wanted to apply some vibrant colors to it but everything looks very washed out on it. I can't get the hat to look anywhere close to the dyes on the clothing.
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed the same issue on the standing collar half mask :( even the Coldharbour Ash Black dye, usually the most obnoxiously dark one, barely turns the hood grey.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any pics? Are you able to dye it black, or does it just stay gray?

Edited by SydneyGrey on March 16, 2018 2:02PM
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just can't get a vibrant color on it, was very disappointed with it.

Was really wanting to dye it a dark green or black, no luck and I have a pretty extensive selection of dyes.

You can dye it white with julianos though, but didn't want to completely redo my color schemes to make the white hat work.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    This is a running trend with hats lately. The Dragon Bones hat/mask dyes poorly as well.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to buy them according to how they looked in the promotion, but then previewed and abstained. Glad I did, and thanks for reporting the dye issues.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a shame.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only Quality control are on Crown Crate mounts :tired_face:
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    JWKe wrote: »
    Only Quality control are on Crown Crate mounts :tired_face:

You did see the washed out yellow fire atronach mounts, right?
  • Skua
    Skua
    ✭✭✭
    FYwYj13.jpg
    I posted these on another thread but thought you might like to see them. It is kind of hard to dye it. I was able to get a dark green but it is a bit grey still. The dark colors all just look very browney grey.

Some of the light colors though can get pretty nice and bright.
    eKsdrVm.jpg

Her dark shaman top is dyed the same color as the hat for comparison