The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Provisioning Daily Writ Recipe

Morgul667
Morgul667
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I have been trying the provisioning daily writs for a change but I could not complete any of them, as I cant find the recipes in game.

Is there a way to collect them like a special vendor ? Seems most guild store dont have them for sale. Tried AwesomeGuildStore, TamrielTradeCenter.

Spent 2 hours last night trying to find Nereid Wine, Cyrodilic cornbread, Gods-blind-me but finally gave up. I have tried only 2 quests and could not finish them. Quite discouraging :/

Are those writs so hard to do ?

Anyone has good advise on how to collect the dailies writ recipes ?
Edited by Morgul667 on March 16, 2018 4:36AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way to find the recipes is in the guild stores, @Morgul667.

If you don't want to keep the master writ, you can sell it to another player for something like 600-1,000 gold per voucher (depending on the server you're on).

Personally, I just throw these writs in the bank until I can find the recipe.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback.

Allthough this is quite discouraging :/ cannot find those recipes in store yesterday. Will try again today

Im talking about daily writs, not even master writs yet. Will update main thread to be more clear
    Edited by Morgul667 on March 16, 2018 4:34AM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All writ recipes can be bought from any chef or brewer, located in the taverns.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    All writ recipes can be bought from any chef or brewer, located in the taverns.

Ok that's good and disturbing ! Thanks !

I did like 10 of them from different alliances, and different zones but could not find them. most of the sell the same 6 recipes. Some have different ones but non had the ones I was looking for (nereid wine, cyrodilic cornbread, Gods-blind-me). Are you sure about this ? @Ackwalan If yes, is there some kind of list where to find what ?

Edited by Morgul667 on March 16, 2018 4:47AM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The cornbread and gods are pretty common items in containers, if you are the right level. All regular writ recipes can be bought from a chef or brewer NPC( depending on if its food or drink) though they are pricey.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cornbread and gods are pretty common items in containers, if you are the right level. All regular writ recipes can be bought from a chef or brewer NPC( depending on if its food or drink) though they are pricey.

I cant find them, do the recipes brewer and chef provide depend on the recipe improvement point of the character ?
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes. it will not sell recipes above ur current level.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. it will not sell recipes above ur current level.

May have done the shopping on the wrong toon then, that would explain this and that :-D

Thanks will look at it

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

I cant find them, do the recipes brewer and chef provide depend on the recipe improvement point of the character ?

Yes. Talk to them with the char who gets the quest. U can also turn in food made with a different char. (this does not work for masterwrits tho)
    Edited by eso_nya on March 16, 2018 8:59AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Yes. Talk to them with the char who gets the quest. U can also turn in food made with a different char. (this does not work for masterwrits tho)

Thanks

This is one of those moment where I realized I wasted lots of time just being stupid and running from shop to shop while on another character

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "***" aka "stuff" happens. On the bright side: u did not find them on guildtraders for 20~30k and bought them :D

Edit: sry profanity filter.
    Edited by eso_nya on March 16, 2018 9:08AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    *** happens. On the bright side: u did not find them on guildtraders for 20~30k and bought them :D

Yeah let's look at the the bright side :)

Thanks again
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The other part of shopping for the basic recipes is that what a chef or brewer will sell you is dependent on the character faction. So two characters with provisioning at the same level but of different factions will get different recipes for their writs, and that can be bought from the vendor. I think this converges at the higher levels of provisioning so faction matters less there.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally, I think running around, finding, and buying Provision recipes for writs is annoying. If you have taken the time and effort to gather the ingredients, you should automatically have the recipe.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't have to run around though. In most towns where you can pick up daily writs, there is both a chef and brewer in the same area as the cooking fire. You might want to run around to guild traders to get a better price but it's not necessary.
  • Iziquiel
    Iziquiel
    ✭✭
    Sorry for raising another question here but what determines the level of the recipe you may get as a reward for completing a provisioning writ - the character level, provisioning skill level, or just random luck?

I have been completing the provisioning writs on a lvl 31 character, but the recipes I've received in reward have so far been for lvl 10-14, 15-19 and 20-24, so not particularly useful for me!
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could be wrong here but I believe it’s based on the level you’re doing the writ at so if you want higher level recipies you will need to put skill points into recipe improvement
  • Iziquiel
    Iziquiel
    ✭✭
    I could be wrong here but I believe it’s based on the level you’re doing the writ at so if you want higher level recipies you will need to put skill points into recipe improvement

Thanks, I will give that a go!