The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Scalecaller Horse size?

lordneroth
lordneroth
✭✭
Hi there! For starters, I wanted to say that the new mounts in the Scalecaller Crown Crates look awesome! :)
There's only one minor detail I could compain 'bout and that is the size o' the new horse. Why did it got scaled it down? I mean the bulky attire and fur is perfect for the "heavy charger look" (like The Witch Knight Charger pictured in my home next to it :) ). Now my big Nord character looks like he's ridin' a pony... :P It'd be awesome if it'd got scaled back up in future by the devs. ;)
Any thoughts from fellow gamers?
29216166_1669980339752582_5385877770729422848_o.jpg?oh=cefbc172f9dc31979478b9396c3d0cd3&oe=5B49788F
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They grow 'em short n stout up north. Maybe.
  • lordneroth
    lordneroth
    ✭✭
    Kodrac wrote: »
    They grow 'em short n stout up north. Maybe.

I thought it might be the case at first too, but the Bear from the crates for example is the same size as any other...

• Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's...a donkey?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it looked short and bulky in the preview.
    Guess I was right.

Come to think of it, the camel looked a little short-legged, too. His front legs look really short, but I guess it's because they added all that fur to his neck and chest.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on March 16, 2018 2:49AM
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because in real life the horses in those areas are big pony's small horses, look at the Icelandic horses or the fjord for example. Very sturdy powerful animals just not very tall.
  • lordneroth
    lordneroth
    ✭✭
    Because in real life the horses in those areas are big pony's small horses, look at the Icelandic horses or the fjord for example. Very sturdy powerful animals just not very tall.

I thought 'bout it too, but then again we've got the Witch Knight Charger, which is bred by the Reachmen and they live in mountanious regions. And then in real life we've got Clydesdale horses from Scotland which're a tall breed. I guess I'm just disapointed 'cause o' aforementioned specific look o' this mount - it'd present itself perfectly on a battlefield in a heavy, kinda shock cavalry charge - but for that it'd have to be a bigger horsie. :) That and the fact that like mentioned above the bear and wolf mounts stayed the same scale. :)
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh! thanks for the alert. good thing i didn't waste my gems yet. i'll keep my gems safe waiting for the horse to grow :)