Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So what happens when your alt hits level 50?

SkillzMFG
SkillzMFG
✭✭✭✭
So after a few years of playing my Dunmer Sorc I made a few alts. Figured I would do much better in PVP if I knew exactly what other classes can do. On my NB I am closing in fast to level 50 and I couldn't help but notice that I already had all CP that I farmed on my main.
My question is, once I hit level 50 with my alt, will I automatically become CP 630 (since that's my main CP) or will I have to go through all the 160 CP level before I reach my maximum?
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    CP is shared. All your characters have the same amount of CP. You can assign CP points as soon as you make a new character. You don't have to wait till level 50.
    Edited by Naomi_K on March 15, 2018 5:10PM
    PC EU
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I won't have to go through 10-160CP phase again?
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭
    No, when you reach level 50 you will be whatever cp level your first character is.
    PC EU
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks for the quick answer!
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. Your cp rank is accountwide, that means once you reach 50, your char will be the same cp rank as your main char. No more levelling.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, CP is shared accross all characters. As for I actually do with the characters, innshort they get further training to level the remaining weapon skill lines, skills and morphs to rank IV. Then I reset the skill points, quickly level the crafting skills that aren't at 50 yet, and start doing crafting writs. Then they just keep doing those every day until I find the time & patience to get enough skill points for them to be effective in combat too.
    Edited by Asardes on March 15, 2018 5:24PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It reminded me on Diablo 3 Paragon System. One has a freedom and a power to invest the points on the Alternative character indeed, it matters not, be that level 1 as well.

Which means when you For instance hit 500 Champion points. Champion level 500 on your main character after Blood,sweat and renown you can auto assign these hard earned points to every other character.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SkillzMFG you can allocate your CP points before you reach lvl 50, that will make your character stronger when leveling.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkillzMFG wrote: »
    Woohoooo!! I KNOW, right?
    & what I didn't really anticipate is now whenever I do ANYTHING with the alts, they are earning CP for my main too!
    B)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    SkillzMFG wrote: »
    Woohoooo!! I KNOW, right?
    & what I didn't really anticipate is now whenever I do ANYTHING with the alts, they are earning CP for my main too!
    B)

Yeah the system is awesome I cannot lie. Having tons of fun on my new champions ^_^ !
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that’s funny is that you’ll be in the middle,of a dungeon, they go vet, and now you’re a c600+ wearing crap level 45 armor and you suddenly suck, lol.

You’ll want to put them in c160 gear when they go vet. You don’t have to go spend a fortune on all gold rare gear...but they’ll be squishy and weak until you upgrade.
  • Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    One thing that’s funny is that you’ll be in the middle,of a dungeon, they go vet, and now you’re a c600+ wearing crap level 45 armor and you suddenly suck, lol.
    You're wrong, it seems you haven't read pravious comments.

Entering dungeon your alt was lvl49 cp600+ - now is lvl50 cp600+, still wearing the same "crap level 45 armor" (unless you been prepared for this placing stuff in their bag).
    When creating new toon you can allocate all your cp, wear training set made by your crafter toon and go for any dolmen solo with just 3-4 skills, feeling "God mode".

• Zeni0s
    Zeni0s
    ✭✭

You’ll want to put them in c160 gear when they go vet. You don’t have to go spend a fortune on all gold rare gear...but they’ll be squishy and weak until you upgrade.

As a healer you don't need any armor, even if you pex in Dg. Just a resto staff ^^
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't think the grind is over though. You then realise you still need to level up half your skills and have to do all them.

I love how excited OP is that you don't have to do cp 10 - cp 160 again... You don't know how bad it was to get to vr 16 on every character. I did all 8 :(

So glad that grind has gone!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alamakot wrote: »

Entering dungeon your alt was lvl49 cp600+ - now is lvl50 cp600+, still wearing the same "crap level 45 armor" (unless you been prepared for this placing stuff in their bag).
    When creating new toon you can allocate all your cp, wear training set made by your crafter toon and go for any dolmen solo with just 3-4 skills, feeling "God mode".

Have you actually looked at the stat losses when wearing leveling armor on a champ ranked character? Its huge.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Don't think the grind is over though. You then realise you still need to level up half your skills and have to do all them.

I love how excited OP is that you don't have to do cp 10 - cp 160 again... You don't know how bad it was to get to vr 16 on every character. I did all 8 :(

So glad that grind has gone!

That's the only reason why I only had my main since the release! It was too much of a grind for me so I devoted to only one character. Now that I mastered it I'm moving on :D
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alamakot wrote: »
    He's not wrong because he's talking about gear, and gear doesn't level from 49 to CP. I should know. This just happened to me and I was in the middle of a public dungeon. I had to leave and have my alts make better gear and armor.

The game gives non-CP players an exceptional boost in power (and sadly, over confidence they're good), but this instantly goes away once they hit CP leveling.

@SkillzMFG
    One thing you should note is your skills will be woefully inadequate for the sudden increase in leveling. The game rushes players from 1-50 with exp, which means you'll have plenty of skills remaining locked because while YOUR level is now CP, your skill levels may not be at 50 needed to unlock additional skills.

For this, get ready for the task of Skyshard farming, which is to say you'll need to visit each area for the skyshards they hold. Find a resource online which shows you where they are and start grabbing them. Once you gain exp under your new CP level, you'll at least have them so you can apply them once they're unlocked.

While I don't disagree with the new changes, the lack of Skyshards for skill leveling while pushing through level 50 is a design flaw.

The reason you want the skyshards now is so if you intend to replay the faction areas, the xp you earn can go toward building your skills, which you can immediately purchase once you open the level.
    :)

Edited by Violynne on March 26, 2018 1:48PM