The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Notable Homes....Pros and Cons to Help Me Decide!!!

TamrielSaviour215
TamrielSaviour215
✭✭✭
I have been avoiding buying a home because I could not decide which one to buy. Well, now I have over 18k Crowns and its time to make a decision. I was saving for Earthtear, but now I am not so sure if that is what I want. I love the aesthetics of the place, but I also feel like I want some sort of Banquet Hall in my house as well. Obviously, I have the crowns so I think I can pick any home. And it will be a Notable home to get the max space available. Can we get some pros/cons on some of the Notable homes to help me make a decision? Thanks!
PS4/NA
Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthtear has that large exterior space you can see but cant get to. ZOS has also moved rock walls in the past but I dont know If they've fixed it.

In Hakvilds High Hall the balcony in the main building is inaccessible.

The constant background noise of the Observatory Prior bugged me, but I know some people like that. It also seemed very monochromatic and I'm not sure how well non-Clockwork style furnishings would fit in the place.

All of then have plenty of space for the guildhalls I've seen them used for.
  • WaterBearer
    WaterBearer
    ✭✭
    I would definitely suggest previewing the homes and walking through entirely before making a decision if you haven't already.

My Personal Pros/Cons for the notables (except the alliance ones, which I don't own):

ALSO, KEEP IN MIND THAT THE FURNISHING LIMIT IS PARTICULARLY SMALL FOR NOTABLES IF YOU WANT TO COMPLETELY DECK YOUR PLACE OUT.

Earthtear
    Pros
    It's very beautiful furnished/unfirnished. Seems very secluded overall with a panorama perspective from inside the cave to the bright outside. I like the separation of main area from when you enter and the back private area. The stairs outside the actual home are also aesthetically pleasing imo. I also think that the furnishings that come with it are pleasing, but I like Redguard aesthetics in general so that's a personal opinion.

Cons
    Part of the mapped area (that along the circumference of the edges of the cave towards the outside) you can't actually build in or even explore. They've marked it on the map, but you can't actually access it. If you like getting to otherwise unreachable areas in housing then there isn't too much you can do imo with the existing layout. You can get on top of the doorway in the back area and maybe build up to the columns that are already built in, but otherwise I don't think there's much else you can do that isn't immersion breaking/breaking the laws of physics. HOWEVER, if you don't care about immersion then there's PLENTY of space to build above the existing layout.

Hakkvild's High Hall
    Pros
    A Nord/Breton/Northern Cabin on steroids feel is extremely appreciated. The structure itself looks really nice & I like that they added an underground crypt. There's a lot of outside 'yard' space, which is nice including a very large wrap-around deck on the lower level with two towers you can enter. The view from said deck is awesome.

Cons
    The actual space inside the building isn't very large, at least comparative to what it looks like on the outside. You enter from the crypt instead of the beautiful large wooden double doors at the end of a pathway leading towards Falkreath's Hold (I imagine) that would make more sense to enter from, at least as a main entrance (the crypt entrance would be cool as a secondary/secret one). There aren't as many rooms or smaller spaces inside as I was hoping, it's really just a circular main hall, a smaller upper level (that you can only access from one side) and the room that you enter the hall from.

And these are just in case they do have limited time crown only homes for sale again.

Grand Topal Hideaway
    Pros
    It's quite literally you're own island, plus it furthers the immersion with the entrance being a boat passage from the far southern edge of Grahtwood. There's plenty of explorable space: on the edges of sand and a bit further, on the hill/mountain/volcano. I think there's a good variation of structure size and type of the actual building (two enter-able circular huts, two open area pagoda-like structures, plenty of suspended wooden deck, etc.) I haven't actually explored building my own structures here yet, but I've seen AMAZING things done like a giant colosseum arena on the sand, incredible tree fortresses added onto the existing structure, etc.

Cons
    Personally I'm not a big Argonian furnishing advocate tbh and this only comes furnished with that (but this could be a pro for some).

Pariah's Pinnacle
    Pros
    I love the actual structure of this building, it looks beautiful: think Mines of Moria LOTR. There's explorable space on top of the waterfalls in the back, which is perfect for having a little hideaway/secret place high up. It's also right next to the Maelstrom arena in Wrothgar.

Cons
    It is extremely hard to light inside. Expect to use a lot of light furnishings if you want it brightly lit. The floor pattern makes it so you really have to play with carpets, certain furnishing to make things look natural/to your liking.

Grand Linchal Manor
    Pros
    One of my favorites. It's in the Gold Coast, which is a huge pro for me personally bc it's one of my favorite zones. The imperial architecture is beautiful inside and out. You get huge walls to really make it feel like a fortress. There's a little barn/storage house off the the left side of the reflection pool when you walk in. There's plenty of 'yard' space as well as two towers you can enter along the front wall. Inside is probably one of the most gorgeous buildings out there: coffered convex ceilings, relief scalloped columns (I can't remember the actual terminology) that are built into the walls, beautiful floor tiling with a huge 2nd story outside deck. If you buy furnished it gives you ample Imperial furnishings: luxurious looking rugs, a canopy bed, beautiful wooden stuff, etc.

Cons
    You could really do so much more than we're currently able to bc of the furnishing limit. You don't really have any outside views unless you're on top of the towers in front.

Tel Galen Mushroom Tower
    Pros
    If you're here for the Telvanni aesthetic then this is most definitely for you. Supremely fungal and almost veiny, with enough space outside for a nice garden and even your own little dock. While it looks super skinny there's a large central foyer with three enter-able rooms radially placed around it. The central doorway/portal/teleportation thingy to the one room on the upper floor is sick! The Hlaalu/Redoran/Telvanni furniture it comes with if bought furnished is awesome.

Cons
    It's not necessarily near anything interesting imo. No wayshrines, notable locations, etc.

Erstwhile Sanctuary
    Pros
    It definitely gives me vampire/DB/goblin cave vibes. I like the variation in the room sizes and structure, especially considering you can only do so much with underground cavern structure lol. AND the Sithis statue goes with it so well.

Cons
    Like Pariah, it's super dark. Expect to place a lot of light if you want it to be well lit. This is well documented, but one of the nicest parts of the home is a waterfall and lower space seemingly leading outside to the coast, but you can't reach this area. You can't even build very close to it :/

Observatory Prior
    This is the one that I spend the least time at so probably best to look for advice from others.

Pros
    I personally like the Clockwork aesthetic and furnishings. There is plenty of buildable space in the outside parts of this home.
    Edited by WaterBearer on March 15, 2018 5:21PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, apparently it still rains in Earthtear Cavern.
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    If I were you, I'd save it for the limited time houses coming out. You missed the Dark Brotherhood home, eh Coldharbour home sucks ass, so I'd save it for the Princely Dawnlight Palace because it looks killer
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually like the Ebonheart Chateau and the Dagerfall Overlook better than the crown only Notables. My first choice would be the Linchal Grand Manor but you would have to wait for it to go on sale again. Regardless of what any of us think you should pick the one that best compliments your characters and in game style preferences.

I would pull up a few Youtube tours to help you make up your mind, seeing them both empty and fully decorated can really affect how you feel about them.
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen many people not be too pleased with Hakvilds Hall. And I was not a fan of the Observatory myself.

@WaterBearer Where are these houses? I do not see them on the CrownStore. Not too sure how to access them. That is a lot of good info but I need to find them first :D

@Soul_Marrow When will these be available and how much? (If that is even known)

I really do want to get involved in the houses but I just don't want to spend all the crowns on something that turns out to be an annoyance or a waste of resources.
    PS4/NA
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gone back and forth trying to decide which notable home to buy eventually with saved up crowns. I've decided to wait for Grand Topal Hideaway. Can't beat your own personal volcano Island!
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preview them. Check out youtube vids of decorated versions.

My biggest issues with a lot of the newer houses is that it can be hard to match the aesthetic with crafted furnishings--one nice thing about the Ebonheart Chateau and Daggerfall Overlook is that a wide variety of basic racial crafted furnishings look great, and you can set up themed areas easily that look pretty sharp.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • WaterBearer
    WaterBearer
    ✭✭
    I have seen many people not be too pleased with Hakvilds Hall. And I was not a fan of the Observatory myself.

@WaterBearer Where are these houses? I do not see them on the CrownStore. Not too sure how to access them. That is a lot of good info but I need to find them first :D

@Soul_Marrow When will these be available and how much? (If that is even known)

I really do want to get involved in the houses but I just don't want to spend all the crowns on something that turns out to be an annoyance or a waste of resources.

@TamrielSaviour215 most aren't available atm. Hopefully they will be purchasable around the same time they initially were. I added my pros and cons just in case they do become for sale again. Observatory Prior-Clockwork City northwest region, Grand Topal-The southernmost tip of Grahtwood, where you begin after leaving Auridon on the Dominion main quest, Pariah's Pinnacle-Right next to Maelstrom Arena in the northeast mountains of Wrothgar, Erstwhile-underneath to the right of the path leading up to Kvatch, Tel Galen-I can't really explain where in Vvardenfell it is so I would google location, Grand Linchal-behind Kvatch to the north up the path leading from the crafting location
    Edited by WaterBearer on March 15, 2018 5:13PM
  • WaterBearer
    WaterBearer
    ✭✭

My biggest issues with a lot of the newer houses is that it can be hard to match the aesthetic with crafted furnishings--one nice thing about the Ebonheart Chateau and Daggerfall Overlook is that a wide variety of basic racial crafted furnishings look great, and you can set up themed areas easily that look pretty sharp.

This is extremely true imo
  • WaterBearer
    WaterBearer
    ✭✭
    Also, @TamrielSaviour215 for pricing look to Faunter's list. They did an incredible job with crown to gold conversions and even the prices of furniture included when bought furnished.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YBf5fghDWFiZbLgVpmLemhcieKP-cojDojItGNpWgEU/edit
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Notable" homes are nice, but they are really just a lot of space that is hard to fill with furniture. And, if you set up crafting area and other things, you will spend a lot of time running around inside your home to get things done. I own every home in the game except Earthtear. I never go to other notable homes I own.

Mournoth Manor and Forsaken Stronghold are two large homes that I really really like. But, they are not so big that I feel like I am getting tired just getting to the front gate. Also, forget the name, but the home just outside of Rawkla would be nice to consider too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    @WaterBearer that is intricate lol. I have never bought any crowns either, these are all ESO subs adding up over time. But as for crowns to gold ratios, that is awesome.

@Nestor - Insightful as always. So its more of a less is more kind of thing. I guess I don't really need a big home. Buying two or three is probably more practical in many ways. I might take this approach and just leave the big homes to people who want their 'guild halls' and dueling areas. Thanks.
    PS4/NA
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are going smaller I agree with Mournoth and Forsaken but I also Think Mathiisen is one of the best buys in the game as far as size to cost ratios go. At a smaller size The Ald Velothi Harbor house is pretty good as well. (I would just use gold for Ald Velothi)

edit: added a line.
    Edited by strangeradnd on March 15, 2018 6:19PM
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    If you are considering anything less than a Notable home, I recommend the Forsaken Stronghold. There is so much space. You are welcome to check mine out if it will help you decide. I'll change my permissions tonight around 5pmET.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mathiesen is a nice choice too.

One thing about getting a less expensive home, is you have Crowns to spend on furniture and such.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might like to consider Hunding's Palatial Hall if you aren't too set on a notable home.

It's a very large classic home, both inside and outside. The situation is wonderful....on the coast, with its own large beach and huge terrace overlooking the ocean. It has everything you might require, such as tower, accessible flat roof (with a bit of imagination), interior courtyard, stable, pool etc. Of course you have to like the Redguard style, but if you are into North African/Middle Eastern type abodes it is perfect. Well worth buying it furnished too.

One caveat. Unless you have ESO+ it's not really a viable proposition, as due to the size it takes a lot of furnishing.

It was my favourite property from the beginning....I now have about thirty homes, and it is still my favourite.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you REALLY want a notable home, I'll go through my opinions of them for you. Though not the homes that aren't vailable anymore. So nothing on Grand Topal Hideaway, Erstwhile Sanctuary, Tel Galen, Linchal Grand Manor, or Pariah's Pinnacle.

Do NOT get Hakkvild's High Hall! You will be disappointed! Sure, it has a small crypt. But the interior with its one large room with a balcony that's only half accessible is not worth the crowns. Nevermind the fact that the door leading up to said balcony is in an awkward place. You WOULD get your banquet hall, but you would end up with a banquet hall and...pretty nothing else. By far the worst designed home of the notable homes.

Earthtear Cavern is really nice. I mean, even though has that exterior you can't access, iit's still very spacious AND a very beautiful-looking home. If you like space, waterfalls, and caves, definitely go with this place!

The Orbservatory Prior is pretty nice. The views are FANTASTIC, both inside AND outside. The "orbservatory" is definitely the main selling point here. While the rest of the home, I will admit, could be a bit larger.

I would also look into Ebonheat Chateau, Serenity Falls Estate, and Daggerfall Overlook as potential options as well! Srenity Falls Estate has the best exterior of the three, but not the best interior. Daggerfall Overlook is nicee, but the iterior, i will admit, could be more spacious. Ebonheart Chateau may seem off-putting to some, but I think it's the best of the three. With one of the best and most spacious interiors of any home in the game, especially if having a banquet hall is what youu want most, then the chateau is your best option of the three.

And there is Princely Dawnlight Palace, which should be available next month (or the month after, but hopefully NEXT month). Honestly? Even though some people are saying the interior is a bit too dark, in my opinion, it is arguably the best manor I have seen yet. Spacious exterior, spacious interior, and the central room will give you the BEST banquet hall that you could hope for.

So my recommendation, if you DO want a notable home, would be to probably save your crowns and wait for Princely Dawnlight Palace if you really want that banquet hall. Plus I really love the desert/oasis look of Redguard architecture. If you want a bit of a darker banquet hall aesthetically, go with Ebonheart Chateau. Otherwise, stick with Earthtear Cavern.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on March 15, 2018 11:11PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This :)

I have the Overlook and decided to set up different areas with different themes.

Kitchen + Bar are Nord
    Banquet Hall is Breton
    Lounge area is Redguard
    Hall + Staircase are Dark Brotherhood
    Library is Hlaalu
    Guest Bed + Study are Altmer
    Main Bedroom and Bathroom is Dunmer / Hlaalu

It's nice in such a big place to see different styles all mingling together. And the very basic Castle style of the building means pretty much anything works nicely.
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    WOW! I just looked up Princley Dawnlight Palace and holy cow. That place is spectacular. Does anyone know how many crowns (roughly) it will cost??? I am definitely using my crowns on that place and I will just use in game gold to buy a few smaller ones.
    PS4/NA
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    WOW! I just looked up Princley Dawnlight Palace and holy cow. That place is spectacular. Does anyone know how many crowns (roughly) it will cost??? I am definitely using my crowns on that place and I will just use in game gold to buy a few smaller ones.

If you look at what the other limited release houses have been priced at, I'm guessing the Palace will go for around 13k-15k crowns. It also depends on if you buy it furnished or not. :)
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might be waiting for Princely Dawnlight Palace...
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Don't rush into buying a house for what is basically 100$ just for the sake of buying a house.

Make sure you understand that in game housing basically has no 'practical' in game value... other than the following.

1. ) DPS dummies ... cost about 3K crowns or you need a very high level crafter who has done many master writs and then they cost lots of in game gold to make.... but they do give you a DPS read out to help you analyze you attack patterns.
    2. ) The 'New' storage boxes just introduced... 2K crowns for 60 slot box 1K crowns for 30 slot box... they basically can take the place of 1 mule character and are definitely valuable if you do crafting and want to keep you 'training' gear in a safe place where you won't accidentally 'deconstruct' them. Boxes also require less load screens to transfer items between characters.
    3. ) They are 'Free' waypoints... meaning you can travel to them for free from anywhere... I would highly recommend you at least get the 3 free houses you get at low levels for each 'Faction'... that will give you 3 waypoint you can always travel to and access to parts of the map that take time to get to when you did not start in that faction.

Other than that houses are just 'Doll Houses' you can decorate.... I say that but I had fun for about an hour or 2 decorating my house... just not 100$ of fun.

Houses are not good for hanging out between random daily dungeons because you can't repair your items there. You can get a bank and a merchant set up but that will cost you another 100$ in crowns

If you have to choose between buying a house and buying personal bank and merchant 'henchmen' I would get them first.

Houses are also not good for crafting daily writs, since you cannot start or end your crafting quest from there and you can't travel for free to other waypoints from there (but you can travel for free to other houses). Additionally because houses are 'instanced' the load times for entering and leaving your home are longer that other in game waypoint traveling. So if you plan on buying Crafting stations (at $30 in crowns a pop) make sure you understand they are basically just expensive decorations for your house.

Personally I don't totally regret buying my house... I just wish I had bought a slightly smaller one that was less than half the price.

So, before buying any home I would recommend getting a bank and merchant 'henchmen' and then buying some of the very cheap or free small homes to see how much you enjoy decorating.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, if you reckon to enjoy decoration and the notable house is not for crafting benches filling a large part of the areas or duel arena or test halls, then you better do this:

go visit those houses owned by someone and filled at cap items, (the more examples you find, the better) can be friends, guild mates, even if you write in chat "want to visit x house fully decorated to decide" you will surely find someone very glad to show his place.

Go around and carefully observe, see if you like the building style and the materials (roof, floor, walls, because you don't want to waste slots to cover big ugly looking parts, slots are too precious) and above all look how empty or filled the houses are and see for yourself if that's a place you could really like and decorate as you want.

To see with your own eyes i think is always the best way to chose.

If you are on PC, even better you could login in PTS to test personally the places and see how you like them and how it goes with decoration.

Edited by RANKK7 on March 17, 2018 1:50AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would definitely suggest previewing the homes and walking through entirely before making a decision if you haven't already.

My Personal Pros/Cons for the notables (except the alliance ones, which I don't own):

ALSO, KEEP IN MIND THAT THE FURNISHING LIMIT IS PARTICULARLY SMALL FOR NOTABLES IF YOU WANT TO COMPLETELY DECK YOUR PLACE OUT.

Earthtear
    Pros
    It's very beautiful furnished/unfirnished. Seems very secluded overall with a panorama perspective from inside the cave to the bright outside. I like the separation of main area from when you enter and the back private area. The stairs outside the actual home are also aesthetically pleasing imo. I also think that the furnishings that come with it are pleasing, but I like Redguard aesthetics in general so that's a personal opinion.

Cons
    Part of the mapped area (that along the circumference of the edges of the cave towards the outside) you can't actually build in or even explore. They've marked it on the map, but you can't actually access it. If you like getting to otherwise unreachable areas in housing then there isn't too much you can do imo with the existing layout. You can get on top of the doorway in the back area and maybe build up to the columns that are already built in, but otherwise I don't think there's much else you can do that isn't immersion breaking/breaking the laws of physics. HOWEVER, if you don't care about immersion then there's PLENTY of space to build above the existing layout.

Hakkvild's High Hall
    Pros
    A Nord/Breton/Northern Cabin on steroids feel is extremely appreciated. The structure itself looks really nice & I like that they added an underground crypt. There's a lot of outside 'yard' space, which is nice including a very large wrap-around deck on the lower level with two towers you can enter. The view from said deck is awesome.

Cons
    The actual space inside the building isn't very large, at least comparative to what it looks like on the outside. You enter from the crypt instead of the beautiful large wooden double doors at the end of a pathway leading towards Falkreath's Hold (I imagine) that would make more sense to enter from, at least as a main entrance (the crypt entrance would be cool as a secondary/secret one). There aren't as many rooms or smaller spaces inside as I was hoping, it's really just a circular main hall, a smaller upper level (that you can only access from one side) and the room that you enter the hall from.

And these are just in case they do have limited time crown only homes for sale again.

Grand Topal Hideaway
    Pros
    It's quite literally you're own island, plus it furthers the immersion with the entrance being a boat passage from the far southern edge of Grahtwood. There's plenty of explorable space: on the edges of sand and a bit further, on the hill/mountain/volcano. I think there's a good variation of structure size and type of the actual building (two enter-able circular huts, two open area pagoda-like structures, plenty of suspended wooden deck, etc.) I haven't actually explored building my own structures here yet, but I've seen AMAZING things done like a giant colosseum arena on the sand, incredible tree fortresses added onto the existing structure, etc.

Cons
    Personally I'm not a big Argonian furnishing advocate tbh and this only comes furnished with that (but this could be a pro for some).

Pariah's Pinnacle
    Pros
    I love the actual structure of this building, it looks beautiful: think Mines of Moria LOTR. There's explorable space on top of the waterfalls in the back, which is perfect for having a little hideaway/secret place high up. It's also right next to the Maelstrom arena in Wrothgar.

Cons
    It is extremely hard to light inside. Expect to use a lot of light furnishings if you want it brightly lit. The floor pattern makes it so you really have to play with carpets, certain furnishing to make things look natural/to your liking.

Grand Linchal Manor
    Pros
    One of my favorites. It's in the Gold Coast, which is a huge pro for me personally bc it's one of my favorite zones. The imperial architecture is beautiful inside and out. You get huge walls to really make it feel like a fortress. There's a little barn/storage house off the the left side of the reflection pool when you walk in. There's plenty of 'yard' space as well as two towers you can enter along the front wall. Inside is probably one of the most gorgeous buildings out there: coffered convex ceilings, relief scalloped columns (I can't remember the actual terminology) that are built into the walls, beautiful floor tiling with a huge 2nd story outside deck. If you buy furnished it gives you ample Imperial furnishings: luxurious looking rugs, a canopy bed, beautiful wooden stuff, etc.

Cons
    You could really do so much more than we're currently able to bc of the furnishing limit. You don't really have any outside views unless you're on top of the towers in front.

Tel Galen Mushroom Tower
    Pros
    If you're here for the Telvanni aesthetic then this is most definitely for you. Supremely fungal and almost veiny, with enough space outside for a nice garden and even your own little dock. While it looks super skinny there's a large central foyer with three enter-able rooms radially placed around it. The central doorway/portal/teleportation thingy to the one room on the upper floor is sick! The Hlaalu/Redoran/Telvanni furniture it comes with if bought furnished is awesome.

Cons
    It's not necessarily near anything interesting imo. No wayshrines, notable locations, etc.

Erstwhile Sanctuary
    Pros
    It definitely gives me vampire/DB/goblin cave vibes. I like the variation in the room sizes and structure, especially considering you can only do so much with underground cavern structure lol. AND the Sithis statue goes with it so well.

Cons
    Like Pariah, it's super dark. Expect to place a lot of light if you want it to be well lit. This is well documented, but one of the nicest parts of the home is a waterfall and lower space seemingly leading outside to the coast, but you can't reach this area. You can't even build very close to it :/

Observatory Prior
    This is the one that I spend the least time at so probably best to look for advice from others.

Pros
    I personally like the Clockwork aesthetic and furnishings. There is plenty of buildable space in the outside parts of this home.

I agree essentially with what is said (I love Grand Topal Hideaway though, I love Argonian style but it would be cool if you just like Tahiti).

There are also two notable homes coming up soon:

1) Coldharbor which is essentially your own island in Coldharbor hovering in space. This is a cool location but you'll have to build the structure yourself with materials, so this might be a big furnishings loss but it is still a cool location and offers the greatest level of creativity I think.

2) Princely Dawnlight in Hew's Bane. This palace is probably the most beautiful home in the game. You can preview it now. I highly suggest you do so. It puts Earthtear to shame and I like Earthtear for its 'bandit king' style. Dawnlight on the other hand makes it look like you're either a merchant lord or a thief who really hit the big time or simply some kind of Redguard nobility. Either way this palace is totally awesome.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for the info. It was super helpful. I have never spent real $ on crowns. Its just all the ESO+ crowns that I never used. Because I really never find anything that makes me want to spend them. But I do want to get into the houses just to kill some time. I am going to get the Princely Dawn when it comes out for sure. For now I went ahead and bought Mournoth with in game gold to test everything out. But everyone had really good insight and I really do appreciate it!
    PS4/NA
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Princely Dawnlight Palace.......ah, we are all waiting patiently(ish) for that :p