The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should Trials be available in the Group Finder?

• SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Dungeon finder is bad enough, trial finder? Just no. Literally just write in zone chat "starting nSO farm need all roles whisper for invite" and you should have a group sorted within 20 min.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal, maybe. But even then they might need to add a 3rd difficulty, lower than normal, because group finder mostly consists of very bad dds and people who dont read chat. Fake tanks and healers would also become an issue.
    The amount of good players will be lower than in regular group finder, because one good dd can carry a dungeon group, but not a trial group.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I'm totally for adding a 3rd difficulty and changing the names to:
    Spastic Scrub (easier than normal)
    Filthy Casual (normal)
    No-life Elitist (veteran)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal ? Yes please add them as those people that just want to run it to farm have an option then to form groups easier and those that want to run it just to learn and study the mechanics after reading guides online get more practise time

vet ? NO, because it's recipe for disaster as it requires a particular set of people will skill and communication and that's not something you're going to likely encounter in a random group persons that decide to queue for the role. I can already imagine all the fake tanks selecting the tank role and queue for a fast Vet SO pop up...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal, maybe. But even then they might need to add a 3rd difficulty, lower than normal, because group finder mostly consists of very bad dds and people who dont read chat. Fake tanks and healers would also become an issue.
    The amount of good players will be lower than in regular group finder, because one good dd can carry a dungeon group, but not a trial group.

Do people really join trials as fake tanks and healers? I mean, I understand that they do it in normal dungeons where they figure it doesn't really matter, but in trials? I would think they'd be found out and kicked, quick!
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If we finally had a rial group finder I would finally be able of running trials. God, we need this.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we finally had a rial group finder I would finally be able of running trials. God, we need this.

On PC/NA, many PUG trial groups form up in Craglorn. There are often guilds advertising for trials as well.

There are ways to find groups without much effort, as long as you can actually fulfill your role.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are too many problems associated with using it now, so in it's current state I don't think it would be a good idea.

What I would like to see is something along these lines:

Instead of the group finder putting people together by default, I would like the players to have the option to either form their own group via the group finder, or let the group finder form a group for them.

Manually forming groups using the group finder (suggestion):

Whether you are looking for a group, or looking to form a group (as the party leader), list your name in the group finder along with your chosen role.

If you list your name as party leader, you will include where you are going (name of the dungeon/trial and difficulty level). If you are not a party leader, you will include the names of the dungeon(s), trials(s) and difficulty level(s) you are interested in (by clicking on the appropriate check box(es), for example).

People listed as party leaders will be able to see all the names of people looking for a group as well as the person's character's level, CP level, class, and the role selected (a character's level, CP level and class is automatically detected by the system, so you don't have to manually enter this info). Filters could be added to limit the search results (helpful if the list of people looking for a group is long). As a party leader, you could right click on a selected name to easily send a pm asking if they would like to join your group.

If you are not a party leader, but you are looking for a group, you can search all the party leaders who are still looking. By right clicking on the party leader's name, you can find out where they are going and difficulty level, and you will be able to see the names of people who have already joined that party-group as well as each party member's info (character level, CP level, class, and role). If it looks like a good fit, pm the party leader and ask to join. Before the party leader sends the invite, they can look at your info via the party finder list to determine if you would likely be a good fit.

This type of system encourages players to be cooperative and to try their best ... salty know-it-alls will get a bad reputation and will end up having to group among themselves.

I think this type of group finder would work well for anything, including trials.
    Edited by Maryal on March 18, 2018 3:54PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still needed Mending armor pieces - after vendoring 2-3 full sets of gold jewels due to the way the loot table is weighed - so I decided to finally give in and PuG nAA last evening. I just went to Craglorn and the zone chat was full of "LFM/FLG nTrial" messages. It took me about 2 minutes to join one with my healer. A bit later it took me about 10 minutes to start one from scratch with my Warden tank, by bringing in other 11 random people from the chat.

The groups themselves were fairly undisciplined, I had to literally PM people and threaten I would kick them since we got stuck at some point simply because they were running around instead lf hopping on the damned tiles. Also people just decided to leave the group with no apparent reason right before a tile gate, so I had to go back to Craglorn and ask in my trade guilds to get more to join so we can pass. I reckon that I've spent more time policing the team, kicking offline/obnoxious and finding new people than actually playing. We didn't have the fake tank/healer problem since I was one of them, but put that into group finder and you could be sure that some people would abuse that. In order to kick someone who's just bad and/or has a bad attitude from a manually created group is much easier than getting the other 10 people to vote him out from an automatically created group.

Even if nTrials are easy, the bosses and different mechanics still hit hard, more so for people who have barely hit CP160, that have little mitigation and experience avoiding damage so those are absolutely necessary. When we attempted nSO the group was so bad it broke apart at the bridge trash pull because people were running around and the healers couldn't heal them. It's the first time I even see a wipe in a nTrial, but I guess it's not that uncommon. A bit later I went for vAA HM and vSO HM on my healer - 1st time completion on that char for me - with guild mates and it was pretty smooth. But guild groups are a world apart from Craglorn zone chat PuG.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see this added as an option. Make it so.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acharnor wrote: »
    I would like to see this added as an option. Make it so.

I wish your word was law. Thus would we finally have this much needed feature.