The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Arcane U telepads interrupted my dark deal

del9
del9
✭✭✭✭
I am not putting this in bug reports, in case I am missing some mechanics - which I think is the case. The other day, 3/12 I noticed the telepads in Arcane U map were interrupting my Dark Deals. The first time I assumed I had been hit with a Flame Reach I had bent around a wall. Then it happened again and I had Dots ticking on me, but nothing that could have interrupted.

The whole night I felt like my DD's were being interrupted more than usual, but I just chalked it up to my not really studying the latest gameplay changes. What am I missing? It felt like any direct damage I was taking was interrupting my DDs. If I was off-balance, 1 tick of a resto or light staff can interrupt me correct? But it definitely felt like any direct damage dealt during my DD was interrupting me at the start of the week. Any sorcs have similar experience? Or what am I missing about combat mechanics?
PCNA

• del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Possibly the pads stop any cast-time ability if you are moving through them? If this is the case, then the game is coding this as an interrupt and still giving the ability a cooldown. Yet I was not getting the stagger/stun/off balance on the other side of the portal.
    PCNA

• Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any teleport mechanic will interrupt cast time abilities as far as i know.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah it ruins any channel. recasting sorc pets is another good example.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    It interupts the charging of your staff heavy attacks too. Same with the teleport pads in the Ularra battleground.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see. It appears that it gives the new cooldown from interrupt, but doesn't apply status effects like a player interrupt. thanks
    PCNA

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    I see. It appears that it gives the new cooldown from interrupt, but doesn't apply status effects like a player interrupt. thanks

i think the actual mechanic is the falling mechanic. Kind of like how you cant start summoning a sorc pet, run off the ledge at the start of a bg, and expect to finish.. the fall interrupts it but it isn't a hard interrupt.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suspect it's a different mechanic altogether. Portals break NB cloak, which is something that falling doesn't do.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Falling mechanic doesn't leave me with a cooldown, but the pads do. So it does seem to be a different mechanic altogether.
    PCNA

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's teleportation that destroys your body at one location and creates a new copy at the next. Just be glad your buffs are still up ;)
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    Falling mechanic doesn't leave me with a cooldown, but the pads do. So it does seem to be a different mechanic altogether.

Wait it gives you the 3s cooldown? Does it stun you too?

That sounds like a bug.

• del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes 3s cooldown, but no stun or stagger/offbalance @Thogard
    Edited by del9 on March 23, 2018 3:39PM
    PCNA

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you move though a telepad and teleport while Feared you can't CC break.

I was Feared near the telepad in Ularra and my character ran towards it, immediately teleporting to the top platform. Once there I had to wait for the full 4" of Fear to expire and could not CC break despite being on full stamina.
    EU | PC | AD