The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

errors, errors, errors and more errors.

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
looks like a a rampage of errors started on the last Sunday March 11, at my end only with this game.

it all started with Error 303. every time i tried to switch character i got that error repeatedly. i needed to do a lot of tries until i get access to the game.
still in the same day, but later, i started to get Error 307 "booted from server".

on March 12 i started to get Error 200 and it became hard to even login.
later i got access to the game, after many login tries, but every time i tried to change character i was always redirected to the login menu and simply get a message saying "an error has occurred".
still in the same day, i got booted to the login menu when i was doing the pledges and i reached the last boss of a dungeon --- when i returned to the game (after a while because of all the errors) i never returned to the group dungeon or even to the place where my character was before i entered the dungeon, instead i returned to some place where i was playing long before i launched the dungeon (i didn' even knew that this could be possible) :)

i tried the usual stuff - check virus, check internet, check no addons, check drivers and so on...

somehow, without any change both on my desktop or laptop, the game got way better today: i'm no longer getting Error 200, 303, 307 or being booted from dungeons to the login menu.

but... after a few hours without any problem, after 6 p.m. i started again to get a message saying "an error has occurred" every time i try to change to another character. other than that everything is much better today. but i'm always confused if this is an account related problem, insufficient hardware at my end or if this happens to everyone.

anyway, what does they mean with "an error has occurred"? isn't there a way to check error logs so i can find the possible conflict?
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say this but you could be in for a long, frustrating ride.

My best friend in the game started getting these errors the day after the DLC patch and hasn't been able to play since. He's gone through an aburd amount of troubleshooting, both on his on and with ZOS, and still can't play. Some of what he's tried include:

1 straight week of software changes - removing addons, adding ports, troubleshooting connections, etc.
    Submitted 30+ help tickets, per zos's instructions, with screenshots of his setups, errors, registry, connections, etc.
    Logged in via 2 different computers.
    Logged in via 3 different ISPs.
    Bought a second account to try.
    Bought a third account, non-Steam to try.
    Bought a new PC
    Gave his account info to others in different countries and regions to try.

This guy has, literally, over 200,000 crowns in his account and has spent THOUSANDS of real dollars in ESO and can no longer play the game. ZOS has no idea what to do.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ouch! that's insane! :open_mouth:

i only tested with 2 computers and 2 routers, and thought that it would be enough.

on March 11 it was worst, now the error seems to happen only when i'm changing the character.
    at this point i'm still able to play, and now i feel very lucky for that. it's just annoying because i need to login most of the time that i want to change a character and it takes a while.

if they have some error log somewhere, it would help a lot to identify the cause of the error.
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    ouch! that's insane! :open_mouth:

i only tested with 2 computers and 2 routers, and thought that it would be enough.

on March 11 it was worst, now the error seems to happen only when i'm changing the character.
    at this point i'm still able to play, and now i feel very lucky for that. it's just annoying because i need to login most of the time that i want to change a character and it takes a while.

if they have some error log somewhere, it would help a lot to identify the cause of the error.

Yup, he thought he fixed it a few nights ago and could log on. But swapped characters and hasn't been able to play since.

He has 4 other people helping him troubleshoot this and ZOS is talking to him every day...still nothing.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope the best luck to him and i hope that the actual problem i have when i switch characters don't reach into that point.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    when you get errors the first thing you should try is flush dnscache...

go to command prompt

right click hit Run as Administration

in the box type ipsconfig /flushdns

then hit enter.

dosn't hurt to reboot after that. i do not guarantee this will solve the problem but it has worked for me.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i flushed the dns too on sunday. because someone suggested me that on another situation ;)

anyway, the game has been stable in the last 2 hours :)
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this game is really weird. i got 3 or 4 days with no problems at all. using the same hardware, same installation, same internet connection, i didn't change anything, even so, today a bunch of new problems arrived. first i got a new crazy one > Error 308 < i was getting this one when trying to enter in trials, when i was teleporting i got stuck on the load screen for a long time and then removed from the game for inactivity --- this is funny --- now when i'm waiting on a load screen i get removed from the game for inactivity. just amazing.

finally i decided to quit playing in multiplayer mode and when to the maelstrom arena to try to have some fun without errors. and i was right, on maelstrom arena i don't get any error message at all, i just get moved randomly to the login menu, and then i'm forced to go again to round 1 over and over. what a crazy game.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok... now i found out that it's not random after all.

when i reach the final round of each arena on maelstrom arena, i have 5 tries to kill the last boss, if i fail, at the end of the 5th try i'm immediately removed to the login menu, then i have to start it all again at the first round.

i'm starting to hate this game.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't even get any message explaining why i'm removed from the game, i'm just sent to the login menu.

this is so stupid.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yesterday i was able to play many hours without any trouble at all. as usual using the same system and the same account, and i thought that the problems were solved.

today i got some unwanted update that i was forced to download, and after that more problems were added to the problems. now i'm able to start the game with no trouble, but after a while i'm removed from the game to the login menu with no message at all. in one moment i'm playing in the game, and suddenly i'm in the login menu.

when is this going to end?