The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Invisible creatures in the Gold Coast

Mistamichal
Mistamichal
✭✭
Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm constantly getting attacked by invisible creatures that stay invisible. Most of the time I don't see anything at all. Sometimes I'll see just a name plate and sometimes I'll hear the creature's sounds, but I can never target them or hit them except with AOE attacks.

It only started happening this weekend.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iv been in there all week with 7 toons, doing 2-4 dailies on each toon and not experienced this once.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Mistamichal

Are you running into invisible monsters anywhere else besides the Gold Coast?

If you've not done so, try reloading the UI and see if that allows the creatures to show up. Restarting your client may also help with this. The invisible creatures may be the result of lag preventing you from loading all game assets in a timely manner. Power-cycling your home router is another step that may help resolve this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Mistamichal
    Mistamichal
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tips. I tried them with no success but, on a hunch, I decided to do a repair and it re-downloaded a few files. When I loaded up the game, everything was fine again. So, it turns out that some files must have been corrupted.