The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random Dungeon via Group Finder & Dungeon Quests

Khami
Khami
✭✭✭✭
This is happening to me and I've seen it happen to others as well and it needs to stop.

If you are in the CP levels and group for a normal dungeon and someone in the group say, "I have the quest." More times than not, that person is not in the CP levels yet and their first time in that dungeon with that character.

Stop leaving the group when the quest is done so the people in the group and actually finish the quest. Killing the last boss doesn't end the quest a groupmate is one. They do have to talk to a NPC at some point to finish the quest and some of them do show up slowly especially in a dungeon like Volenfell.

When people leave a dungeon group, the person who has the quest does not have time to complete it because you get kicked out before the NPC shows up to talk to you.

At this point, you've screwed them out of their quest XP, their Undaunted XP, because those are tied to achievements and there's an achievement for completing the dungeon quest.

So, be a good groupmate and make sure when someone says, "Hey, I have the quest." You stay in the group so they can complete it.
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, telling emotionally immature people (e.g. teenagers) what to do pretty much guarantees they are going to do the opposite.

Just saying.

This is an old issue. And it will not go away. Personally, I prefer to assume that a group will not stop to wait for me to complete a quest and then be pleasantly surprised if they do.

Besides which, you can always run the dungeon again (eventually).
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if you have the quest it would add extra time to remove you from the dungeon. Would solve the issue.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It shouldn't remove you from the instance for at least 5 minutes after dungeon completion
    Argonian forever
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I always ask if someone has the quest and make sure they have handed it in before I leave the group.
    The Moot Councillor
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do it faster or ask nicely
  • Beodamacsa
    Beodamacsa
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me the other day in Vollenfel and I asked them not to leave and the lady at the end takes freaking ages to show up after you go through the door but they all left and I was booted from the dungeon before i could claim the quest reward.

I was very frustrated by this and did not bother to queue for the dungeon again.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always great random groups, i always ask if gear is needed and i always make sure that all members of the Group have completed all objectives in the Dungeon. This is just common Decency i find
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • velimirius
    velimirius
    Soul Shriven
    i returned to the game few days ago, started a new char, had to repeat one dungeon 3 times to complete the quest because of this...
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday at city of ash 2, told the group I was questing at the beginning and again after we killed last boss, each of the group member still left and doesn’t even care if you need to talk to the npc or not.
    This is the eso community really, lots of trolls and people who doesn’t care about others.
    Same goes for Gold Coast arena quest sharing, even if the arena is full of people and you asked in zone for sharing, very rarely would anyone actually care and share with you.
    Pc na
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    BAD game designed won't be remedied by the player base. Direct you frustration where it should be, ZOS.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are people. Some good, some bad.
    I was farming for Netches Touch and asked if any dropped at the end. One person decided it would be funny if they linked a item I needed, then say "bye bye. ^^ " while doing the smacking ass emote.
    I was about to offer 10k for it, since I am sick of Darkshade and it was the last piece I needed. So I hope that player is enjoying the 51 gold (or whatever) they recieved from the vendor.
    You just have to shrug it off and hope next time you'll be in there with at least one decent human being that cares more about just themselves. It does happen.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More time would be good

Pugging with at least 1 mate helps, 3 others is better and enjoy the first time experience, story, quest etc at your pace.

Or just reiterate the comms, for at least one person to stay

Ps of you after undaunted on an alt dont bother with normals get a decent group and hit Vet, and go for speed / HM etc. Levels it way faster than using Pugs
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    if you manually go into a dungeon on your own, you get to stay there for as long as you like. unless you DC or logoff.
    if you enter a dungeon with other people and everyone else leaves, you get removed from the instance. doesn't make much sense to me :|

I wish they'd simply do away with the "removing from area" thingo. I always wait if someone is questing but that'd solve this issue!

Edited by ArcaneBlue on March 13, 2018 10:47AM
    #teamEmeric
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm CP 1033 - I ALWAYS ask people whether they need to do the quest (and to say if they need to wait for dialogue or npc action or something, so we don't leave them behind), and I'll stay in the dungeon until people have indicated that they have finished getting quests turned in.

It's a small thing to do that doesn't take that long. I'm not so concerned with shaving time off how long it takes to run a dungeon that I don't have time to let people do the quest, pick up books etc.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • j3crow
    j3crow
    ✭✭✭
    This is a problem that should be rectified by ZOS. I am always left with the feeling that they developed the game in a vacuum, as if only 15 of their friends were going to play as opposed to a large scale population of strangers.

They need to ether lengthen the activity complete timer, or ensure that the last person in the dungeon is not automatically kicked out.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The issue is that people do not always say they are doing the quest.

For my part, it is usually clear that someone is doing the quest - they stop and talk to NPC's, go to the quest points along the way, keep you waiting while the wait for NPC's to have conversations (VoM anyone?).

Having done every dungeon quest on at least 12 characters and run them with friends who are doing the quests, I know the (often long running) quest completion scenes and always give people time to finish them.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.