Suggestions for good and fun tank sets

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
I have respec my tank main to make my role more fun, atm I am using deadric trickery and tremorscale, unfortunately neither are as fun as I thought the build would be.
I'm not talking about meta tourog/alkosh.
I am looking for some fun tank sets. Sets that have fun procs or unique passives. Not sets that are just raw stats like plague doctor or fortified brass.
Obviously heavy armour sets, either farmed, overland or crafted.
Looking for fun sets and/or fun set/monster set combos.
an example of a proc set:
http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Caluurion’s+Legacy+Set
  • Il3rotherhood
    Il3rotherhood
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to suggest Caluurion's, but saw it at the end of the OP hahah ;P Yeah I'd suggest trying this one with a set that boosts heavy attack dmg. You could get some really nice dmg on a DK ! :)

Edit: Like sergeant's mail, for exemple
    Edited by Il3rotherhood on March 10, 2018 7:16PM
    Options
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love this fun combination on my tank:

Bahraha's Curse + Leeching Plate + Nightflame (monster set)

I rarely need a healer.
    Options
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to suggest Caluurion's, but saw it at the end of the OP hahah ;P Yeah I'd suggest trying this one with a set that boosts heavy attack dmg. You could get some really nice dmg on a DK ! :)

unfortunately that set is light armour, I was just using it as an example.
    There is this one http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Curse+of+Doylemish+Set
    which is a new heavy armour one from the new dungeons, and while my heavy attacks would be doing like 18k dam as a tank which is good, it's not exactly a fun set.
    Options
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another fun combination I use for normal dungeons:

5 Defiler
    5 Morkuldin
    2 Maw of Infernal (or Shadowrend depending on my mood)

I combine those with Clannfear, Twilight, and Storm Atronach on a Sorcerer. It's not that effective, but it's fun and chaotic.
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently came across an NB tank in a vet dungeon who used the Mending set, which I found really interesting! They also used the skill Ambush as part of their rotation: they'd run ahead, ambush a NPC in a trash mob pack, and then use Refreshing Path for Mending to proc. I'm not sure what other sets were used, and I don't know how efficient it would be for tanking harder content, but it seemed fun, and I thought it was a really creative/unusual idea.
    Options
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 Defiler
    5 Morkuldin

I combine those with Clannfear, Twilight, and Storm Atronach on a Sorcerer. It's not that effective, but it's fun and chaotic.

I'm a DK tank, but i do have an idea for future sorc pet build going mental with pets, storm atro ult using maw of infernal.

I rarely need a healer.

I was just reading an article about this https://fextralife.com/eso-sets-build-guide-bahrahas-curse/
    Put for PVE tanking (i didn't mention if I was pvp or pve, but I am pve) it seems the 4th bonus, environmental traps, and even the slow movement buff is useless. plenty of abilities can be used to slow them down, and rooted, like talons, ice staff wall of elements, ash cloud DK skill.
    I don't actually need a healer too as absorb magic, warhorn and green blood has me covered.
    Absorb magic with the asylum s&b set means infinite magika and heals.
    How do you get nightflame to proc as a tank? are you using vigor?

Options
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use warrior-poet, which is effectively much the same as plague doctor, but with additional resistances. I use war maiden instead of julianos. Both can be bought from guild stores cheaply.

Slimeclaw's head looks great with an argonian's tail. Looks like a crocodile:)
    Options
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use warrior-poet, which is effectively much the same as plague doctor, but with additional resistances. I use war maiden instead of julianos. Both can be bought from guild stores cheaply.

Slimeclaw's head looks great with an argonian's tail. Looks like a crocodile:)

I appreciate the input, but i am looking for fun sets, not raw stat sets.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to make some interesting sets that will still be somewhat useful from the groups PoV for tanks, which is challenging. Everyone wants tanks wearing the same gear.

On my sorc tank I've been playing with Livewire. With the change to off balance, not everyone is running lightning walls anymore, especially in smaller groups, so Livewire is sometimes useful (heals and off balance) - I combine it with torug's for max debuff since I dont' have alkosh on that build, but you could also combine with one of the Storm sets that proc lightning aoe when hit.

And on my warden tank I threw together a build that uses Hand of Mephala and swarm mother to pull mobs in, the meph hand debuffs them and poisons them. I use it with Alkosh, but you could combine it with something else as well like Bah Curse to throw more debuffs/poison down in the area.

I've also been looking at putting something like Curse of Doylemish, Tremor or Sellistrix and Alkosh - all combining for physical damage procs and then making sure the tank has solid points into phys pen and damage in CP. Not a lot of effects going off, but might give some phys damage bursts and still provide the alkosh debuff for group. That'd be like 27k burst if all proc's went off around same time, plus 15k 10 sec dot from alkosh + whatever heavy's and attacks you are doing to proc the stuff. Not horrible for a build you could still make quite tanky (vs. just going mostly damage with enough tank/taunt to be a tank).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bahraha's curse + leeching plate (or livewire) + a monster set (some prefer nightflame, I like using grothdarr) is a good one, lots of passive damage and healing. That's the setup I ran on my nightblade tank for a long time, but it became less viable after they nerfed siphoning strikes for nbs (the gear setup is still good on other classes though).

I run 5pc elf bane and 5pc seducer on my magDK tank, along with grothdarr (sometimes infernal guardian) for the monster set. Lots of long-lived fire damage effects. I use an inferno staff backbar for fire blockade, eruption, and engulfing flames.

I ran a stamina sorceror tank for a while (though magicka would work as well) using 5pc thunderbug and 5pc storm knight with 2pc stormfist. Really fun setup, always zapping everything around you. You could replace stormknight in that setup with livewire for more self healing if you wanted, as storm knight doesnt proc nearly as often as thunderbug does.

In PvE my warden tank doesnt really use proc sets so much - he's running shacklebreaker, black rose, and 1pc domihaus for a full hybrid stat build, frost staff back bar and shield front. However in pvp, I like to run 5pc knightslayer, 2pc tremorscale, and either 5pc shieldbreaker or 5pc vanguard's challenge depending on whether i'm with a premade group or not. The heavy attack from a frost staff will taunt, so it deals the knightslayer heavy damage and also procs tremorscale. The other 5 pc has to be run on the front bar so you cant have them both active at the same time, unfortunately.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

A 5 Storm, 5 Thunder and 2 Stormfist would be quite the light show

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Thunderbug's+Carpace+Set

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Storm+Knight's+Plate+Set

The above will proc lightening for both Melee and Magic attacks against you

Add in some Stormfist for your Puncture and Heavy Attacks

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Stormfist+Set

And you will be spitting electricity for the entire fight. Plus you get some good resistances from these.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

And you will be spitting electricity for the entire fight. Plus you get some good resistances from these.

Yea exactly the setup I ran on my stamsorc tank for nearly a year.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

5 Defiler
    5 Morkuldin

I'm a DK tank, but i do have an idea for future sorc pet build going mental with pets, storm atro ult using maw of infernal.

I rarely need a healer.

I was just reading an article about this https://fextralife.com/eso-sets-build-guide-bahrahas-curse/
    Put for PVE tanking (i didn't mention if I was pvp or pve, but I am pve) it seems the 4th bonus, environmental traps, and even the slow movement buff is useless. plenty of abilities can be used to slow them down, and rooted, like talons, ice staff wall of elements, ash cloud DK skill.
    I don't actually need a healer too as absorb magic, warhorn and green blood has me covered.
    Absorb magic with the asylum s&b set means infinite magika and heals.
    How do you get nightflame to proc as a tank? are you using vigor?

Nightflame procs from heals.

- Bahraha's Curse heal
    - Leeching Plate heal
    - And any other heal (ex: Nightblade's Refreshing Path)

Because Bahraha's Curse and Leeching Plate are often sending heals my way, Nightflame has very good uptime.
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, If I wanted to make a fun Tanking set, I'd go:

Morihaus, for the fun-dodge.
    and
    Tava's Favor (you're gonna be dodging more consistently now)
    coupled with your fav ulti.
    and your choice of monster set.
    Options
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 pce Whitestrake (Crafted), 5 pce Imperium (WGT), 2 pce Monster

Whitestrake: When you take damage while you are under 30% Health, you gain a damage shield that absorbs 10320 damage for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Imperium: When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to grant you and your allies within 8 meters a damage shield that absorbs 12040 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

All the over shield. Rather good to use for Bloodroot forge final boss.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
    Options
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperium Set + Beckoning Steel + Blood Spawn\Lord Warden
    With melee DD works awesome
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

So I did exactly this, it was a blast (no pun intended)
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Define what you consider "fun".
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was playing magicka tank, I was using Spectre's Eye, which gives you evasion while you can play active, so you're not limited to blocking like with hist bark.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use ebon and seducer on my warden. I thank and heal. Only need a healer for dlc dungeons to be honest (don't even need one on ICP or wgt).

I also was running a stam spec tank with s&b and DW. Used briarheart and 7th legion. Taunt and debuff everything then swap to DW and do pretty decent damage. Crit was at like 50 something % so crit surge keeps your health topped up along with briarheart and 7th legion process.
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options