The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A solution to dungeon finder queue

• LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO they should remove the "trinity" requirement for at least normal base game dungeons... DLCs, well even some of those can be done with at least one extra DD.
    I also think that for ALL Vet dungeons, there should be a requirement that healers and tanks have at least one heal and taunt slotted respectively.

What I'm sick and tired of, as a DD, is waiting for an hour or more, having the queue pop at least once but get a "declined" message - I'm starting to think the RGF is full of trolls who just queue to decline, since it's a very rare occasion that I'll get into a dungeon first go. Even rarer if it's also <5min wait time. Sometimes I'll get two or three declines in quick succession followed by an hour or more's wait. (And yes, I have tried quitting and requeueing.)

I'm also damn sick of getting into a Vet random with another DD who uses nothing but bow, and the tanks who can't hold aggro. And I'm not Stormproof, because significant Potato Internet lag has meant so far I've been unable to complete VMA - but why should that penalise me for participating in base game Vet dungeons? I'm certainly not going to PUG a Vet DLC dungeon any time soon.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
    Options
  • Beodamacsa
    Beodamacsa
    ✭✭✭
    sorry OP it is a horrible idea.

Everbody starts somewhere, just because they are horrible then does not mean they will be horrible in 2 weeks time. Your idea will stop people from being able to learn , gain new gear and progress in the game and thus ending up in killing the game because people will stop playing it.
    Edited by Beodamacsa on March 13, 2018 9:45AM
    Options
  • Alagras
    Alagras
    ✭✭✭
    We could be allowed to choose the group composition. By default it would still be 1 tank 1 heal 2DDs but if we re open to other combos we could list them too. That could speed things up for many DDs.
    Options
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being stormproof doesnt mean that the dd is good. My first vMA clears were all in PVP like setups. Those were great for clearing vMA but would suck balls in a dungeon.

My req is not designed to only take the best, it is to weed about the bottom 1/3.
    Options
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ozby wrote: »
    sorry OP it is a horrible idea.

Everbody starts somewhere, just because they are horrible then does not mean they will be horrible in 2 weeks time. Your idea will stop people from being able to learn , gain new gear and progress in the game and thus ending up in killing the game because people will stop playing it.

They can still do it, they just need to find ppl want to run with them. Ppl who truly want to improve will just ask around.
    Options
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being stormproof doesnt mean that the dd is good. My first vMA clears were all in PVP like setups. Those were great for clearing vMA but would suck balls in a dungeon.
    So true

Many mag setups used resto staffs - no proof you're a good DD

This is like b4 1 tam, and also being stormproof don’t imply take vma set up to dungeon, on top of that, snipe spammers and crystal spammers can’t clear vma either way.
    Options
  • Majuk
    Majuk
    Soul Shriven
    Priority queue for stormproof.
    Reason is very simple, many decent players are afraid to queue on tank / heals because they don't want to get grouped with way sub par dd.
    By giving dd 2 different queue time, this will not only force the dead weight dd 'git gud' and also encourage folks to queue on tank and heal (because shorter queue for tank / heal and way higher chance to have enough group dps)

Edit: note: stormproof priority que for dps only.

There already is effectively a two queue system. If you queue as DPS (or a pair of DPS), your queue can be hours long to never get in. Queue as a tank or healer, and it pops in seconds. Queue in a pair as DPS and Tank or DPS and healer or tank and healer and your queue pops in seconds. This is, at least, my personal experience. I can't get a dungeon to save my life if I'm queued as a DPS. Hop on my tank and queue or grab a healer friend, and I get into a dungeon in less than 2 minutes.

It's not that tank/heals are afraid to queue. There just aren't enough tanks and healers to meet the demand of the number of DPS.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO they should remove the "trinity" requirement for at least normal base game dungeons... DLCs, well even some of those can be done with at least one extra DD.
    I also think that for ALL Vet dungeons, there should be a requirement that healers and tanks have at least one heal and taunt slotted respectively.

What I'm sick and tired of, as a DD, is waiting for an hour or more, having the queue pop at least once but get a "declined" message - I'm starting to think the RGF is full of trolls who just queue to decline, since it's a very rare occasion that I'll get into a dungeon first go. Even rarer if it's also <5min wait time. Sometimes I'll get two or three declines in quick succession followed by an hour or more's wait. (And yes, I have tried quitting and requeueing.)

I'm also damn sick of getting into a Vet random with another DD who uses nothing but bow, and the tanks who can't hold aggro. And I'm not Stormproof, because significant Potato Internet lag has meant so far I've been unable to complete VMA - but why should that penalise me for participating in base game Vet dungeons? I'm certainly not going to PUG a Vet DLC dungeon any time soon.

You can go in as 4 DDs into any dungeon you want with a pre-formed group. But if you arbitrarily remove role requirements from the dungeon finder queue, you are going to negatively affect people who are expecting a healer and a tank.

Also, for your Vet dungeon requirement, do you mean a heal or taunt learned (which would be fine) or actually slotted on their bar before they queue?
    The Moot Councillor
    Options