The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Am I just a conspiracy nut? Shor PvP

Thunderknuckles
Thunderknuckles
✭✭✭✭
So, for the last two or three nights, late, DC had been just crushing EP and AD. EP would fight back some, but you really could not go anywhere (I am not exaggerating for effect lol) without at least 4 to 5 DC rolling in. I mean anywhere. Then, last night, not a single DC was to be found anywhere at all, so EP closed the ring and deposed the DC Emp. Every single thing that could be taken was. Not seeing a single DC player for the 3 hours I was on seemed very, very conspicuous. LOL As if they had ALL logged onto EP toons.

Admittedly I've only been PvP'ing in ESO for about 3 months, so maybe this is normal and I'm just not in the know.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s just the problem with Shor. Lower population on average. When guilds show up; the scales tip drastically.

Play long enough and you’ll start to recognize the 1vXers, the small groups, the medium groups, the zergs. You won’t see that many that you won’t see logged in different factions at the same time. Probably a few but not to the scale you think
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor is a campaign that is actively used to trade emp. That is what you are seeing.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shor is a campaign that is actively used to trade emp. That is what you are seeing.

That makes the most sense. Thank you, Kyle. Alas, I would go Vivec, but there's way too many AP farming turtle zergs to deal with there.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes the most sense. Thank you, Kyle. Alas, I would go Vivec, but there's way too many AP farming turtle zergs to deal with there.

The nice thing about Vivec is that one faction's AP farming turtle zerg is opposed by the other faction's AP farming turtle zergs, at least on PC/NA Vivec.

On Shor, one AP farming turtle zerg can flip the entire map, which is why my organized raid rarely goes to Shor. There's just not much competition. Its no fun if there's no opposition that can actually match an organized raid.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭

The nice thing about Vivec is that one faction's AP farming turtle zerg is opposed by the other faction's AP farming turtle zergs, at least on PC/NA Vivec.

On Shor, one AP farming turtle zerg can flip the entire map, which is why my organized raid rarely goes to Shor. There's just not much competition. Its no fun if there's no opposition that can actually match an organized raid.

I do agree with that, Varanis. When there's only 7 of your faction, total, online, and 50 of them....you just don't have a chance if they tend to stay together.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes the most sense? Other than emp trading not really being a thing because of no former emperor passives, shor doesn’t have such a large population to support vacancies of groups of players without a notice.
    technohic wrote: »
    It’s just the problem with Shor. Lower population on average. When guilds show up; the scales tip drastically.

Play long enough and you’ll start to recognize the 1vXers, the small groups, the medium groups, the zergs. You won’t see that many that you won’t see logged in different factions at the same time. Probably a few but not to the scale you think

This would be the more highly probable cause of what you are experiencing.

Also the potential players moving to Vivec because fights are sparse on shor, or the vivec lag isn’t too god awful. Shor is basically a mostly lag free holiday. So other than the very low amount of shor faithful and guilds that like to be big fish in a small pond, shor is basically vivec overflow.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That makes the most sense? Other than emp trading not really being a thing because of no former emperor passives, shor doesn’t have such a large population to support vacancies of groups of players without a notice.
    Endgame ESO is fashion. Most players in this game would love Ruby Throne Red, the Emp costume and the Former Emperor title

I do not know what the case is on Shor now, but when there were several empty campaigns for an extended period of time, they were constantly used for emp farming.
    Edited by zyk on March 10, 2018 6:52AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Created a thread about this last month. Sure some things are a coincidence etc but as people have already confirmed on this thread quieter campaigns are used for emp farming.

Done legit I'm ok with, but switch alliance to do so I'm not. I personally want alliance locked for the campaign, or at least 48 hrs.

People will debate the for and against and people will defending wanting to switch so they can alway play with their mates (weak ass agrguement) but while you can flip flop about and in effect play the map against yourself this behaviour will continue.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not on EU ps4 it isn't ... It fought hard for
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP regularly turns the map red at various hours and it usually remains that way until prime time. The overwhelming imbalance in DCs favor a couple of days ago was an anomaly, as there was some guild event running. AD always has low population and EP usually has a ton of people and regular large guild groups. That said, there are a lot of EP who tend to just quit when they get beat once or are outnumbered. That night was a rare case where we had higher numbers and the EP that we’re on gave up. But by the next morning it was red again.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thunderknuckles , it's what @technohic said: I forget the guild that was on, but it was a DC guild's event night and they were in Shor. That doesn't happen a ton.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There’s no conspiracy. When the Vivec queue pops, we leave.
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    My advice is when the population up top looks to be way smaller than the bars indicate look to the middle and below. Shor is were all of the IC action is. People, small groups, and Zergs are down there by the truckload sometimes. Many topside zergs from Shor and Vivec will be waiting for their group port to Vivec. Telvar is where it’s at baby! It will never let you down
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Thunderknuckles , it's what @technohic said: I forget the guild that was on, but it was a DC guild's event night and they were in Shor. That doesn't happen a ton.

Hey, as long as there's some good PvP to be had, I'm all fine with it. I have since learned from friends who usually PvP on Vivec that Shor is indeed used for Emp farming. lol Apparently about to be another huge DC event soon.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope its real. DC and EP are blatantly trading emp.

They want AD out of the equation so they can PvE in peace.

After a couple of outings here I sensed something fishy. Saw this thread on tuesday morning and wanted to investigate further.

So today I led an AD PuG.
    DC cap emp to no opposition in the morning. We fight DC for a few hours with less than half the pop and do very well.
    EP log on, get their home stuff back while 30 DC are locked in a grudge fight vs my team of 5 and some solos. EP only need Aleswell to depose and we only need Ash and Alessia but EP come for us.. For the next 7 hours.
    We took it to Aleswell last fort 3 times but EP refused to go and instead went to Alessia, Roebeck and Faregyl. They even took Nikel twice to help DC get Ash and Roe back.
    I think the 12 hourly time-share is up now so we will see an EP emperor within the next 30 mins.
    I also saw @names play multiple alliances within a few hours during the few outings that I have had here.

Shor does indeed feel like a very weird and corrupt server and must be very frustrating for AD and those DC and EP that treat PvP like a sport.

Zenimax made a big big mistake when they created 4 7 day servers for last years Mid-Year Mayhem. Haderus was a fun and balanced server, was hoping Shor would rise from the ashes but we are left with some sad emperor exchange map.

This would not happen on NA server. I don't know why but there is a lot of weird AP greed and power tripping on EU. NA is more about the sport and having fun (its a game). We saw what happened with the outpost flag flipping during the 1st x2 AP event - 300+ EU PC accounts temporarily banned. 0 NA PC banned.

Fix up EU. Its EUmbarassing.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    Zenimax made a big big mistake when they created 4 7 day servers for last years Mid-Year Mayhem. Haderus was a fun and balanced server, was hoping Shor would rise from the ashes but we are left with some sad emperor exchange map.

On PC/NA, anyway, the extra CP campaigns were desperately needed during Midyear Mayhem. I do wish ZOS had closed them sooner.

In my experience on PC/NA, the death of Haderus was when ZOS closed the 7 day CP campaign after Morrowind. Everyone who wanted to do CP PVP moved to Vivec. A few groups who just couldn't stand Vivec's lag headed into Almalexia.

So once Shor because available as a 7-day CP campaign, the only people who went back were the groups that had gone to Almalexia and a few people who didn't want to deal with Vivec's lag. Most people stayed on Vivec and so Shor's been struggling with population ever since. Its really only busy at primetime.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did unintentionally neglect to mention in my original post that I play PC/NA. I have noticed that AD has a strong presence during prime time, but when I'm able to log in much later their ranks have thinned dramatically and then it's EP and DC dukin' it out. Last night was actually somewhat balanced and we had a blast. As I've mentioned, we play Shor lately specifically because it's a smaller crowd and we seem to get better PvP encounters out of it.

• raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lo and behold. As I was typing 20~ EP got easy emp vs 30+ DC.

EP have now gone quiet, BRK last keep for depose, DC took Sej from AD and have all resources BRK for the last 20 mins.

But what do DC do? Nikel > Roe > Faregyl. This is exactly what EP were doing earlier.

I'm kind of bewildered.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Shor is strange. The thing I see alot is ad, ep, dc whoever the flavor of the day is, will get emp. Then they go and zerg the hell out of IC until last emp keep or they are deposed, rinse and repeat.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA Shor used to be a great server with a ton of honorable small-scale guilds and elite 1vXers running around. No zerging, and tons of respect between the alliances.

Then a few streamers got together and decided that they might have a shot at hitting emp if they got their fanbase to zerg it up in Shor.

So about three or four times a week they log on their DC toons and put the call out to their DC fan base, and the blue population triples. They zerg over the map, declare themselves winners, and then all log off together. And when they log off, the rest of the fair-weather DC players log off with them.

Now EP has begun zerging in shor to combat the streamers, but the zerg isn’t organized and not as large. But they stay on and cap once the DC streamers stop their circus.

I just feel bad for the AD on Shor, and I resent the DC zergs that have brought the worst and most toxic parts of Vivec to a once respectful and clean server.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play as Dc in this campaign and unfortunately don't belong to any dedicated Dc pvp guild here. This week I got an early jump on some good ap and have spent more time than normal in here this week hoping i could get close to being an emperor, after last night I was sitting at roughly 385k ap, still about 500k less than the #1 spot. I'm noticing more and more the manipulation of AP and Emperor achievement. It's disheartening to say the least.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    PC NA Shor used to be a great server with a ton of honorable small-scale guilds and elite 1vXers running around. No zerging, and tons of respect between the alliances.

Then a few streamers got together and decided that they might have a shot at hitting emp if they got their fanbase to zerg it up in Shor.

So about three or four times a week they log on their DC toons and put the call out to their DC fan base, and the blue population triples. They zerg over the map, declare themselves winners, and then all log off together. And when they log off, the rest of the fair-weather DC players log off with them.

Now EP has begun zerging in shor to combat the streamers, but the zerg isn’t organized and not as large. But they stay on and cap once the DC streamers stop their circus.

I just feel bad for the AD on Shor, and I resent the DC zergs that have brought the worst and most toxic parts of Vivec to a once respectful and clean server.

Hmm actually the map is most frequently red...
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

That really does depend on the time of day you're on. It is very noticeable that some kind of guild thing or Emperor trading is going on when you don't see a single enemy player for hours.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That really does depend on the time of day you're on. It is very noticeable that some kind of guild thing or Emperor trading is going on when you don't see a single enemy player for hours.

In North America?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. The map is blue when the DC streamer Zerg is on... but when the streamers log off, the rest of DC logs off with them and although the EP Zerg retakes the keeps with the organization of a goat rodeo, just by sheer overpopulation they win.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭

In North America?

Correct. Last night it was a mix of DC and EP, IIRC. Didn't have as much time to play.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In North America?

Correct. Last night it was a mix of DC and EP, IIRC. Didn't have as much time to play.

Not sure about last night but I can assure you ; every other night this week I fought tons of EP on my DC toon and AD as well. I was not alone. I mean tonight was a guild night but every other night I logged in solo and there were other DC that showed up the same places I did.

Definitely hard fights to dethrone EP emp tonight even with some of the better know AD groups up getting in the mix. Are you playing prime time?
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭

In North America?

Not sure about last night but I can assure you ; every other night this week I fought tons of EP on my DC toon and AD as well. I was not alone. I mean tonight was a guild night but every other night I logged in solo and there were other DC that showed up the same places I did.

Definitely hard fights to dethrone EP emp tonight even with some of the better know AD groups up getting in the mix. Are you playing prime time?

I play very late. Usually log in around 1A central time.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In North America?

I play very late. Usually log in around 1A central time.

Well *** man. It’s a low pop server and it does seem a lot of the regulars run east coast and there’s also a large portion that are waiting for vivec queues so it probably does clear out and become ripe for night caps
  • RippingIt
    RippingIt
    It's perfectly normal behavior. The only active PVP server is Vivec, and even then it's painted AD every morning.

Shor is a buff campaign, so don't expect balanced or challenging PvP from it.