The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crypt of Hearts. Sword of the Lich Farming

OverDream
OverDream
✭✭✭
Greetings, travellers) I've an issue, literally speaking, it's more the touble than an issue. I've been farming Sword of the Lich for ages, i.e. 2 weeks everyday, my everyday in-game activities include doing crafting writs and CoH farming. I'm farming it both in normal and veteran modes switching between them after runs. I have an active Treasure Hunter passive, and know exact locations of all chests here - each run I lockpick all 2 chests. All runs last for approximately 10 mins. When I'm in standard mode I also kill the last boss too. My experience of farming CoH is that I have already obtained all pieces from all sets here, including Lich (and all traits), but not the Sword of the Lich! Moreover, i also have looted 2 Shields of the Lich, several shield of Leviathan and Ebon sets, all weps from all sets, and in many duplicates, but not the sword I want! What's this? Is this for real? Am I so dumb at my RNG or what? Please respond here if you have the same troubles with that mythic sword!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RNG is rng. I have 2 one handed lich weapons, a sword and a dagger not even trying but I can not for the life of me get divines lich gloves.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 9, 2018 12:28PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s no tips or tricks it’s just luck. I farmed lich resto staff for weeks maybe more than a month. I finally got one, and then the next time I ran it for a pledge I got another lol.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OverDream wrote: »
    Greetings, travellers) I've an issue, Please respond here if you have the same troubles with that mythic sword!

is it not easier to craft/farm a sword for the other set you are running?
    the trouble with weaponsdrops from dng/trials is wellknown.
    I try to have one crafted set, but yeah there are builds, I run them too, were you need dropped weapons!
    atbh, I haven´t seen a lich-sword either so far!
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    Greetings, travellers) I've an issue, Please respond here if you have the same troubles with that mythic sword!

I try to have one crafted set, but yeah there are builds, I run them too, were you need dropped weapons!

the problem is that for the PVP build I'm planning to run, both BSW sword/shield and Lich sword/shield are required. So I just can't use another sword here. That's the main headache!
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    There’s no tips or tricks it’s just luck. I farmed lich resto staff for weeks maybe more than a month. I finally got one, and then the next time I ran it for a pledge I got another lol.

Oh man) I've got tons of Resto Lich staves with various traits. If we could trade.... ))
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

the problem is that for the PVP build I'm planning to run, both BSW sword/shield and Lich sword/shield are required. So I just can't use another sword here. That's the main headache!

I have both of what you are are talking about. So just keep farming and if you are on the PC, get the add on that let's you see what other people pick up. Some people might be pissy that you ask for something you want that they picked up but most are not even paying attention and are willing to trade.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very terrible RNG. There's usually more than two chests when I run. I've had tops about five. I didn't farm CoH II very much, but if you have a nightblade and cloak, you'll at least be able to get the one. Just to make sure you didn't miss any, and for those that are trying to farm the dungeon for chests, here's the locations I'm 100% sure on.
    1. In the first boss room, the drop one. There's sometimes a chest that will spawn to the left or right in CoH I.
    2. In the corridor after it, go to the end of the hall in CoH II, there's sometimes one behind the coffin/altar thing.
    3. In the second boss room of CoH I, there's a few places a chest can spawn. One beside the entrance on the right. Another on the far right of the room from the entrance behind the table, next to the bookshelf. And then the third is on the left side of the room entrance, by the dark corner with that bookshelf.
    4. In CoH I after the second boss, there's that corridor that leads you to the next boss room. In that corridor, there's three places chests that can spawn. One directly behind the mobs (it's hard to miss that one), then the next two are in the little room on the left. Sometimes behind the mobs, other times near the entrance of it which that one I've tended to miss and forget about. Heavy sack at the end of this corridor near the tree.
    5. In the third boss room of CoH I there's chests that can spawn to the left. Sometimes nearest the door to the next corridor, sometimes in between the coffins. In CoH II, those two also spawn there. In both CoH I and II, there's a chest that can spawn on either side of the small room behind the third boss.
    6. CoH I, there's a chest in the next miniboss up the stairs, most of the time there's just a heavy sack though. In CoH II, there's usually a chest being guarded by mobs. Sometimes there's a heavy sack in the corridor leading to the next boss in CoH I (not sure if it's there in II).
    7. In the next boss room, sometimes there's a heavy sack to the far left corner of the room from the entrance. There's also sometimes a chest in between the pillars (don't pick that until the boss is dead though). There'll also be one that sometimes spawns in CoH II toward the circular arena. In both, sometimes a heavy sack is near the candelabra going toward the exit. And then another right at the door to open the exit. I'm sure there's other chest spawning locations in both versions in this room too.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick question judging by your first post. You understand that weapons only drop from the last boss and chests? So not killing the last boss is pretty much a waste of a run.
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Just a quick question judging by your first post. You understand that weapons only drop from the last boss and chests? So not killing the last boss is pretty much a waste of a run.

I understand, friend! The thing is i'm solo farming CoH on my 651 champ mag DD (dunmer) and I can't complete the final boss on Vet (twins are pushing me so hard for 7k+ attacks each). I can complete every and each boss before the last one on Vet. So when farming Vet, I'm hunting only for chests there. On standard mode, I'm searching for chests and kill the last boss. So if I have 2 chests spawning, these are 5 attempts per 2 runs to get the sword (2 chests + final boss in standard + 2 chests in Vet, then the farming cycle is repeated).
    Edited by OverDream on March 9, 2018 2:18PM
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭
    Just to make sure you didn't miss any, and for those that are trying to farm the dungeon for chests, here's the locations I'm 100% sure on.
    [/list]

for people concerned who want to see chest spawns in CoH 1, enjoy this )

075efc59fd543fb5778ec253d567fe1b.jpeg
    Edited by OverDream on March 9, 2018 2:35PM
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭

Idk if youve mentionee this. You can run any 1h with a shield? Some people get confused because its referred to as sword and board when its actually 1h and shield.
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    [You can run any 1h with a shield? Some people get confused because its referred to as sword and board when its actually 1h and shield.

Not quite sure of it, does it really not matter what 1H wep to equip in mage dk?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »
    [You can run any 1h with a shield? Some people get confused because its referred to as sword and board when its actually 1h and shield.

Not quite sure of it, does it really not matter what 1H wep to equip in mage dk?

it doesn't matter what one handed weapon you use with a shield, the difference between them come from the passives in the dual wield skill tree. use the first one you get, even if it is a mual.
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭

it doesn't matter what one handed weapon you use with a shield, the difference between them come from the passives in the dual wield skill tree. use the first one you get, even if it is a mual.

Then why top PVP build published on YouTube include exactly sword and not any other 1H wep?
    Edited by OverDream on March 9, 2018 2:55PM
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to make sure you didn't miss any, and for those that are trying to farm the dungeon for chests, here's the locations I'm 100% sure on.
    [/list]

for people concerned who want to see chest spawns in CoH 1, enjoy this )

075efc59fd543fb5778ec253d567fe1b.jpeg

You'd think I'd remember that people have probably screencapped it a few times before. But yeah, that pretty much sums it up. As for how many spawn at a time... RNG is brutal in CoH. I feel for you. xD
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Then why top PVP build published on YouTube include exactly sword and not any other 1H wep?

because that is the first one that guy got? maybe he previously used it with another one hander in a dual wield, not s/b, configuration, then the twin blade and blunt passive would make it matter what type you hand. could be anything but it doesnt change the fact with s/b, there is absolutely no difference.

the passive in question, http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Twin_Blade_and_Blunt

and look at all the s/b passives, http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:One_Hand_and_Shield, there are none that say anything about the type of weapon you are holding.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 9, 2018 3:06PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand, friend! The thing is i'm solo farming CoH on my 651 champ mag DD (dunmer) and I can't complete the final boss on Vet (twins are pushing me so hard for 7k+ attacks each). I can complete every and each boss before the last one on Vet. So when farming Vet, I'm hunting only for chests there. On standard mode, I'm searching for chests and kill the last boss. So if I have 2 chests spawning, these are 5 attempts per 2 runs to get the sword (2 chests + final boss in standard + 2 chests in Vet, then the farming cycle is repeated).

In that case why do you even run vet? Unless you also want purple jewelry you are better off just running normals.
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭

In that case why do you even run vet? Unless you also want purple jewelry you are better off just running normals.

because the game doesnt provide a solid option for one mode farming cycle! you have either to switch between standard and vet to start a new run or to log out from the game (full relog takes approximately 5 mins from the moment you push the E button to relog to the moment you find yourself back in the game). Don't you know that?

So the only time efficient option is to switch modes
    Edited by OverDream on March 9, 2018 3:44PM
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

because the game doesnt provide a solid option for one mode farming cycle! you have either to switch between standard and vet to start a new run or to log out from the game (full relog takes approximately 5 mins from the moment you push the E button to relog to the moment you find yourself back in the game). Don't you know that?

You can reset a dungeon by switching difficulty back and forth. Finish a run on normal ---> exit dungeon ---> set dungeon to vet ---> immediately set it back to normal ---> port back to dungeon.
  • OverDream
    OverDream
    ✭✭✭
    man you know the game mechanics well? when coming from, say, standard dungeon, then switching it difficulty level to vet, and after that finally switchin it to standard again, you find yourself near the portal when entering standard dungeon.
    Edited by OverDream on March 9, 2018 4:19PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you're going One hand and Shield why does it need to be a sword? Seems like a lot of work when a dagger/mace/axe would do the job all the same.

You can reset a dungeon by switching difficulty back and forth. Finish a run on normal ---> exit dungeon ---> set dungeon to vet ---> immediately set it back to normal ---> port back to dungeon.

That doesn't work if you're not in a group.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    Get youself a tank set. Queue CoH1 normal or vet as a tank, doesn't matter which, the queues will be near instant for both. Smash full runs out in less 15mins, maybe 20mins if you get shirty dps. Have 4 chances to get the sword off the final boss provided you can convince a pug to hand it over if they get it.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    use the first one you get, even if it is a mual.

Technically, a maul is a 2-handed weapon, while a mace is its 1-handed counterpart.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question is this:

Why do people seem to prefer Lich over Warlock? Wouldn't the burstiness of Warlock usually be preferable?

Or do they just not want to farm Selene's Web?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on March 11, 2018 8:19AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My question is this:

Why do people seem to prefer Lich over Warlock? Wouldn't the burstiness of Warlock usually be preferable?

Or do they just not want to farm Selene's Web?

Lich scales with regen amps from passives or continuous attack. So the 900 something regen from lich is more like 1500 upwards.
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 11, 2018 9:26AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly op, if you're not in a guild, join one. Then find 3 of them to smash normal with you. Super quick runs and 4 chances of the sword at ends boss (assuming they don't need the sword) and from chests.

That's all we do when someone needs something. With the option to change traits now it'll be a super easy way like this.

Also, if you're using sword and board, any 1h will do. There is no passive in s&b that makes your 1h type relevant. So any sword, axe, sword or dagger will do.
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 11, 2018 9:28AM